• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,056
  • Content Per Day:  3.30
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Starise said:

Thanks for your thoughts @AdHoc In using the story of Joseph as an archetype, the idea of 2nd in command but having full authority over the kingdom seems to apply to Jesus. Since Yahweh has given Him full power, His power is equal to the Father, even though they are seperate. 

Yes. This settles the authority. Our Lord Jesus sits in the Father's Throne. Then we have to settle the Priesthood, for it is the priest's duty to bring the incense from the Holy Place to the Holy of Holies (Rev.8:3-4, Exodus 30).

I don't always do it because sometimes prayer is urgent, but in my thoughts I follow the Tabernacle.

1. I start at  the brazen altar and this means that my basis for prayer is the sacrifice of Jesus. Everything from then on is in His name and based upon His blood
  2. I then proceed to the Laver and check if anything has made me unclean - like dealing with "filthy lucre" or the flesh
  3. I then pass the Shew-Bread altar and bring to remembrance His Word as my Bread
  4. I then stand in the light of the Lampstand and allow His Word to give me Light
  5. I then proceed to the altar of Incense with specific prayer.
  6. I expect that my High Preist and Mediator will carry my requests further to the Mercy Seat, but at the same time I am keenly aware that since Christ's Work is finished, I stand before the Mercy seat with the Veil missing. It is at this point that Jesus is everything - my sacrifice, my cleansing, by sanctification, my garment my Mediator. I do my best everytime to make it clear that I bring NOTHING of myself. NOTHING, but nothing must infringe on God's holiness.

This all may take just seconds, but I am keenly aware of the privilege of approaching the Father accorded to us common fellows in this age. The Israelite must go via a priest at every stage and via Aaron at the altar of incense. The Gentile has NO RECOURSE. His most fervent prayers are ignored.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Most of the time, I just talk to all three.   If it is something special I will speak to the father in a formal prayer in Jesus name.

But, for the most part I just speak like I would if you were here and I was talking to you.   I suppose that is the Holy Spirit, but I really never thought about it.  We talk so often just about everything that very little of my interfacing is actually a formal prayer.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,878
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Grace and this topic are very interesting. First, I must state that I cannot comprehend how three Persons are One God, all omniscient and coequal.

Thus far, everyone’s view reflects my own. We now have an advocate, a mediator between us, and the throne of God (the Father). We now have access to the throne of God in prayer through Jesus Christ, our Lord, and Savior, and the veil has been split, as already mentioned.

As we know, in Old Testament times, God spoke through the prophets and patriarchs. How many examples exist that someone had to go through a prophet to speak to God to ask for or know something?

Now we can boldly go before the throne of God ourselves, through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Hallelujah!

P.S. I also think the only prayer the Lord will hear from a non-believer (unsaved) is asking for forgiveness and eternal life, accepting Jesus as their Savior.

Did you say "our Lord"? 

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,977
  • Content Per Day:  5.41
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  01/25/1961

I usually pray to God the Father. The prayers always end the Name of Jesus.   Jesus is the one who purchased my salvation and allows me to approach God the Father.  The Holy Spirit is my comforter and the One Who helps me to understand scripture.  All three persons of the Trinity are important to me and I worship them.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,119
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

3 hours ago, OneLight said:

Jesus location is different, but what does that mean about who to address in prayer?

Maybe nothing at all, but it is a difference from when the statement was made. No matter "who" we address we are in effect addressing all three right? I am trying to see the most proper way to communicate and see God as three, yet one.

Technically as I understand it, Yeshua is the more accurate term for Jesus. Most here in the west use the name Jesus. This is maybe yet another consideration. Which name fits best? I have also caught myself saying "Lord" in prayer, which I think hearkens back to old english. Seldom do I hear anyone say "God" when addressing the Godhead in prayer. Jesus and Lord seem somehow more personal than God to me and I suspect to others as well.

I'm still confused as what you are saying.  Are you saying that there is just one way to pray and we need to find this way and follow it?

No I am asking how you all communicate in prayer to God and why? More specifically WHO do you address prayer to? I am asking how you all view the trinity which would affect how you pray and direct communication to God. I am also asking if there is any indication in God's eyes for how HE prefers we address Him, because THAT is the most important.

Lastly, to make sense of worshipping a God that contains three different parts, how would you describe the way we worship God as a single being when there are three to someone who is a monotheist?

3 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Grace and this topic are very interesting. First, I must state that I cannot comprehend how three Persons are One God, all omniscient and coequal.

Thus far, everyone’s view reflects my own. We now have an advocate, a mediator between us, and the throne of God (the Father). We now have access to the throne of God in prayer through Jesus Christ, our Lord, and Savior, and the veil has been split, as already mentioned.

As we know, in Old Testament times, God spoke through the prophets and patriarchs. How many examples exist that someone had to go through a prophet to speak to God to ask for or know something?

Now we can boldly go before the throne of God ourselves, through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Hallelujah!

P.S. I also think the only prayer the Lord will hear from a non-believer (unsaved) is asking for forgiveness and eternal life, accepting Jesus as their Savior.

Hey Dennis,

The trinity is a great mystery to me as well, but if we are going to minister to a monotheist we will need to learn how to best explain how we worship God as three, yet one, and how Yahweh the great I AM is ok with us worshipping Jesus instead of Him.

There, now I've really opened a can of worms:)

Jesus location is different, but what does that mean about who to address in prayer?  Honestly, I see no problem with praying to the Father or to God.  To me, praying to God reaches the Father just as much as praying to the Father is shared among the Godhead.  I'm still confused as what you are saying.  Are you saying that there is just one way to pray and we need to find this way and follow it?

@OneLight

Bellow I copy and paste something from your quoted post above,

One Light said: I see no problem with praying to the Father or to God.  To me, praying to God reaches the Father".

I am quite sure that there is Justification to make a statement like that and run to it's defense.  But this did not happen before some indoctrination but right after and it seems to be in line with some doctrine...and the doctrine or the foundation of that doctrine it may very well be truth and as a matter of fact it is. 

But see when as we say someone puts the cart before the horse...

Someone may reason that Jesus is God...Wow and Wow this it can't be denied. 

The Man Jesus is God...is God Almighty...

This it can be very confusing even to the people who have taken the mission upon them selves to hold symbolically the knife on the throat of people and demand the confession from them "confess that Jesus is God"..

@OneLight Read carefully your statement bellow: taken from your quoted post above.

"I see no problem with praying to the Father or to God.  To me, praying to God reaches the Father". 

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,119
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

1 hour ago, AdHoc said:

Yes. This settles the authority. Our Lord Jesus sits in the Father's Throne. Then we have to settle the Priesthood, for it is the priest's duty to bring the incense from the Holy Place to the Holy of Holies (Rev.8:3-4, Exodus 30).

I don't always do it because sometimes prayer is urgent, but in my thoughts I follow the Tabernacle.

1. I start at  the brazen altar and this means that my basis for prayer is the sacrifice of Jesus. Everything from then on is in His name and based upon His blood
  2. I then proceed to the Laver and check if anything has made me unclean - like dealing with "filthy lucre" or the flesh
  3. I then pass the Shew-Bread altar and bring to remembrance His Word as my Bread
  4. I then stand in the light of the Lampstand and allow His Word to give me Light
  5. I then proceed to the altar of Incense with specific prayer.
  6. I expect that my High Preist and Mediator will carry my requests further to the Mercy Seat, but at the same time I am keenly aware that since Christ's Work is finished, I stand before the Mercy seat with the Veil missing. It is at this point that Jesus is everything - my sacrifice, my cleansing, by sanctification, my garment my Mediator. I do my best everytime to make it clear that I bring NOTHING of myself. NOTHING, but nothing must infringe on God's holiness.

This all may take just seconds, but I am keenly aware of the privilege of approaching the Father accorded to us common fellows in this age. The Israelite must go via a priest at every stage and via Aaron at the altar of incense. The Gentile has NO RECOURSE. His most fervent prayers are ignored.

Very interesting the way you approach prayer.

I am guessing you might be Messianic? I just wanted to clarify for the reader, and please correct me if I'm wrong, when you say the Gentile has no recourse and the Israelite must go via priest at every stage, you are referring to all believers as Israelites and the Gentiles as the unsaved.

9 hours ago, Starise said:

When you worship God what part of Him do you focus on? 

My understanding is we can only worship the Father through the Son, or the Father only sees us through the Son.

Thoughts?

Jesus Christ is our Lord...the Heavenly Father has given him all his that he needs for his ministry and he did not hold back anything from him...this is why Paul emphasized that Jesus is all we need...the Father made Jesus the Lord over all...he gave him the Lordship and the government of the Kingdom he put him in charge of everything...Jesus is the CO and the Manager and the Governor and the President or that matter the King...he is the Lamb Slain..

The Man Jesus, the baby that took him nine months to be form in the womb of his mother starting from the conception is now and after God gave him all his theotis all that he had...he gave it to the man Jesus...and now he is everything that he is  ..but he started from the lowest position...someone had to feed him and keep him warm...helpless in someone else care...vulnerable found himself in a vulnerable situation and he started to grow from there...

The Haevenly Father gave us Jesus and he also gave us the Holy Spirit in his name...

We pray to Jesus Christ...He is our Lord he is in charge of us...our future is hidden in him and is with him.

I have heard people who pray for help in the Holy Spirit...this is just fine because the Holy Spirit is given to us from Jesus to Hell us and guide us and to be our companion...

This is why Paul said "the Spirit is the Lord" not to take it word from word and start walking a strange path but to obey the Holy Spirit in what is asking and in the same way as if it was Jesus...this is why Jesus said the Holy Spirit will take from me and bring to you...

People pray to the Heavenly Father as believers of Jesus Christ NO PROBLEM....

But the correct way is to pray to our guardian and to our Lord to the one we have partake of his blood and of his Spirit...our first instance Father we are his offspring.  We are the children of the Heavenly Father because we are the children of Jesus Christ we are coming to the Father through the blood and the Spirit of Jesus Christ his Son. 

John said Jesus has a body , a human body like a man and he is the Son of the Heavenly Father but the Father does not but still Jesus is his Son and before a lot of things happened Jesus was called the word in the Gospel of John and it was exactly just like the Heavenly Father.. before the world war created and before man was Created Jesus was just like his Heavenly Father because he came from him and he was towards to him in obedience to him to the Heavenly Father. Jesus is YHWH the Creator of the world and Man. The God Almighty ...the God of Noah and the God of the Sinai Covenant....the Israelites made the Covenant with him and when they kill him and put him to death on the Cross they crucified the Lord God Almighty the other party to their Sinai Covenant...this was the death of their Covenant the end as Paul said it was nailed on the Cross...the Sinai Covenant was nail on the Cross.   They killed the enforcer of the Covenant. In their ignorance but that what happened.   There is no one to Judge them the veil was torn Twain....Jesus said the Lord is not gone be there anymore...the veil was torn Twain...the sacrifices are not offered to the Lord anymore... Jesus the Lamb of God was Slain. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  2,380
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

I would start by saying - I don't think God really cares. He is happy so long as the conversation is with Him.

I personally tend to address the Father more - There was a time in my life when recognizing and understanding God's fatherhood was an emphasis in the Holy Spirit's teaching me how to relate to God. When I pray to the Father, I often pray in Jesus' name.

I also sometimes pray to the Lord. He is the main focus of my worship and thankfulness. It can be a bit weird for me when I go to end such prayers "in Jesus' name" - so I try not to do that (which I think is good in the sense that it's not a mindless ritual tagged onto the end of my prayers).

I tend to only pray to the Holy Spirit when the topic of the prayer is explicitly His responsibility in scripture. Otherwise, I see His role as helping me to glorify the name of Jesus.

This is generally how it works for me. I don't mentally go through these rules before I talk to God.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Interesting! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,654
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Genesis 1:1 (LEB)
1 In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth—

With later revelation we learn Yahweh is that Creator:

Isaiah 44:24 (LEB)
24 Thus says Yahweh, your redeemer, and he who formed you in the womb: “I am Yahweh, who made everything, who stretched out the heavens alone, who spread out the earth—who was with me?—

John 1:1–3 (LEB)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 This one was in the beginning with God.
3 All things came into being through him, and apart from him not one thing came into being that has come into being.

John 1:14 (LEB)
14 And the Word became flesh and took up residence among us, and we saw his glory, glory as of the one and only from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Colossians 1:13–16 (LEB)
13 who has rescued us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of the Son he loves,
14 in whom we have the redemption, the forgiveness of sins,
15 who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation,
16 because all things in the heavens and on the earth were created by him, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or powers, all things were created through him and for him,

Conclusion: Jesus is Yahweh.

The mystery of the Old Testament is not only the incarnation of God the Word, but the Father as well. Since humanity has dealt Yahweh (Jesus preincarnate) primarily all along.