• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Like Barbarian & I were saying earlier,"What difference does it really make"...  For 2 Born Again Believers that is,certainly  none that would separate us.    Right Teddy?

For myself, it does not make a particularly large difference, at least in respect to our status before God. I don't really care if someone subscribes to YEC, OEC, Gap, TE or whatever. 

That said, there are plenty of people for whom this is a really big deal. Ken Ham of Answers in Genesis is the poster child for this as he has taken to calling anyone who disagrees with his interpretation as a "compromiser" or worse. It's getting almost cult-like with that organization (they are now starting to turn on their own YEC people who are trying to treat mainstream scientific theories with some measure of respect).

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  308
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,151
  • Content Per Day:  4.59
  • Days Won:  327

4 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

I was quoting C.S. Lewis, who was as I said, the master of applied Christianity.   I believe he is right, but those were his words, not mine.  I should have made that more clear.  

Lol,no worries... Still,loved it- thanks for sharing👍Brilliant

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,636
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/29/2023 at 11:28 PM, BeyondET said:

Was divided in Peleg time not after, his brother was his twin in the eastern hill country 

Peleg lived probably over 200 years after Babel. If the rapid separation was around that time (and I heard somewhere that Peleg was probably around 5 years old at the time)

So yes the earth was split in his time

On 3/8/2023 at 5:34 AM, kwikphilly said:

Its hard to understand why anyone would go through so much trouble,time and effort to "prove" their point regarding OEC ,YEC or an evolution theory anyway?Like Barbarian & I were saying earlier,"What difference does it really make"...  For 2 Born Again Believers that is,certainly  none that would separate us.    Right Teddy?

Be Blessed,thanks so much for your reply❤️

In His Love,Kwik

When people say God is a liar and did not really create, it makes the difference between belief and unbelief. Part of believing in Jesus is knowing He created all things and that He is God.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,328
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

On 1/22/2023 at 8:04 PM, dad2 said:

It is very probable that the ark landed when the continents were still together. It is also likely that the tower of Babel happened ((over a century after the flood year) on the supercontinent. That would make it easy for man and animals and plants to migrate to the various areas and what are now separate continents. Something changed quickly and the continents separated, carrying all the people and life on them. This seems to have happened at the same time as the lifespans of men dropping suddenly and drastically. (the best plotting of when lifespans changed points not to the flood but the time of Peleg) It was also in the days of Peleg that the bible says that the world was split or divided. That includes nations and languages, but many also believe it includes the physical division of the land masses.
This thread is to discuss the scientific or historical aspects of this.

I think it happened during the flood when the fountains of the great deep broke open since it sounds dangerous all these earth quakes and why would God kill people like that who just survived the flood? And if so there could not have been enough builders for the pyramids and tower of Babel. Oh and now that I watch that video again, the pyramids are built upon the layers of the flood.

Screenshot_20240327_195341_Chrome.jpg.caa52270bfddb0763f2d4cfb773f26c8.jpgScreenshot_20240327_195606_Chrome.jpg.443bf73c3cb7f2de0e1fa5254a6458ce.jpgScreenshot_20240327_195824_Chrome.jpg.86e5c12db4f068ee54ea319d099c932b.jpg

Edited by RdJ

Screenshot_20240327_195331_Chrome.jpg.cf9ff4def0a2bc5a16e9b54e31e28d61.jpgScreenshot_20240327_195649_Chrome.jpg.c92d0cbadd6bd51690ed2963b0fb963a.jpg

I think it happened during the flood when the fountains of the great deep broke open since it sounds dangerous all these earth quakes and why would God kill people like that who just survived the flood?

Why would moving continents kill people?

And if so there could not have been enough builders for the pyramids and tower of Babel.

If the rapid separation was after or at the time of Babel that doesn't apply.

Oh and now that I watch that video again, the pyramids are built upon the layers of the flood.

Great. If true, then we have them built after the flood. Since the separation of lands probably came anywhere from 105 years to say, about 335 years after the flood, again, a moot point. Why up to over 300 years after the flood? If Babel was build when Peleg was five years old, and Peleg was born some 105 years or whatever after the flood that means Babel was more than a century after the flood. It also means Peleg lived more than 200 years after this time.

1 hour ago, dad2 said:

Why would moving continents kill people?

Because then there are earthquakes.

https://answersingenesis.org/geology/plate-tectonics/did-the-continents-split-apart-in-the-days-of-peleg/

In late 2004, there was an earthquake in the eastern Indian Ocean, resulting in movements of up to 15 or more feet along faults. The energy of the earthquake was transmitted through the water above, producing an enormous tsunami that devastated coastlines all around the Indian Ocean basin, killing more than 220,000 people. And even a few feet of movement on the San Andreas Fault in Southern California causes the ground to shake for many miles, often resulting in the collapse of freeways and other structures.

If the continents did indeed split apart in the days of Peleg, moving thousands of miles into their current positions in a catastrophic manner, the resulting devastation would have utterly destroyed the face of the earth and everything living on it. The ocean waters would have flooded over the continents in huge tsunamis, creating a second worldwide flood event!

Because then there are earthquakes.

No. None were mentioned in the bible. You mean NOW IF continents moved then there would be earthquakes. Irrelevant. However the continents will all move again in the end and there will be earth shaking then.

In late 2004, there was an earthquake....

Again, not relevant to the present time. There used to be a lot that was not the same, such as water under the world etc etc. The laws of that time were different.

So there was no problem for people on land masses that were wafting around. No great heat. No waves to kill all people, etc etc. In fact that explains how plants, animals and people got around to the various continents.

39 minutes ago, dad2 said:

No. None were mentioned in the bible. You mean NOW IF continents moved then there would be earthquakes. Irrelevant. However the continents will all move again in the end and there will be earth shaking then.

Again, not relevant to the present time. There used to be a lot that was not the same, such as water under the world etc etc. The laws of that time were different.

So there was no problem for people on land masses that were wafting around. No great heat. No waves to kill all people, etc etc. In fact that explains how plants, animals and people got around to the various continents.

They are not mentioned, but it is mentioned that all the fountains of the great deep were opened up and there are mid oceanic ridges where plates drifted apart. Water under the crust was before the flood. Not afterwards, in the time of Peleg, because it all came out when all the fountains of the great deep opened and the world was flooded.