• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  252
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/11/1957

IMHumbleO,

Today there is too much debate over subjects that profit little......heresies, word origin, preferred translation rather than being led by the Spirit !

What did Jesus have to say about our position in him ?

25 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them.

26 But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;

27 And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:

28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many. Matthew 20:25-28

• Group:  Advanced Member

PHILIPPIANS CHAPTER 2

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Here again,we see our example of godly living!

JOHN CHAPTER 8

32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.

2 TIMOTHY

CHAPTER 2

22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

• Loved it! 1

GALATIANS CHAPTER 4

1 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;

2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.

JOB was not King.

JOB, was not a Pastor. JOB was not a prophet.

JOB, was not Evangelist.

JOB was not an Apostle. JOB, was not a Priest.

JOB, was not a Doctor.

JOB, he had no ministry.

Yet Job turned his back from evil. Job was a man of integrity,

upright and God fearing.

You don't need to hold office in church, to start living in holiness and have good character.

- BEING A CHRISTIAN is not about having office or position in the Church.

BEING A CHRISTIAN IS SEEKING TO BE IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD BEING OBEDIENT AND FEARING HIM.

Job was a servant, and servants only serve, not looking for positions of honor; although in the things of God it is the opposite, the good servant will be given good positions, he must only serve and already. Service is silent, service is humble, service is good. To serve is to kill vanity by loving, because to serve you must love, and to love you must serve.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 2/6/2023 at 1:50 PM, Keturah 123 said:

Today there is too much debate over subjects that profit little......heresies, word origin, preferred translation rather than being led by the Spirit !

Is it okay to be led by the Holy Spirit to study the many heresies explained in the Bible that are  put into play  by the accuser in order to deceive, and to deceive  even the elect if possible? - A rhetorical question.

As for me, I want as much knowledge of the fuller word of God to be shared with me as possible for me to absorb in order to confirm that which seems Spirit led within me, especially to be ensured by the word of God the Bible that it is the Holy Spirit and not a deception of my own making  nor one by  simply a spirit.

Knowledge, that not all have, of things like word origin is important!  Best available transliteration and actual knowledge of original languages is God given and study learned grand knowledge to have, or at least have scholars that have it that can guide and teach  those of us that do not have such time to learn nor ability for that matter. That is one reason not all are the head, and not all are to teach, nor pastor. 

Reveal of heresies are illustrated and taught to us within the Bible. Reading it with thinking and praying  is vital to good stewardship of the gift of salvation given to each that have been called by the Holy Spirit be to turned about from opposing God to worship of him in the name of Yeshua through the Holy Spirit's calling.  

Learning is  both privilege and duty. Praise to God for the opportunity!

• Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

15 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Is it okay to be led by the Holy Spirit to study the many heresies explained in the Bible that are  put into play  by the accuser in order to deceive, and to deceive  even the elect if possible? - A rhetorical question.

As for me, I want as much knowledge of the fuller word of God to be shared with me as possible for me to absorb in order to confirm that which seems Spirit led within me, especially to be ensured by the word of God the Bible that it is the Holy Spirit and not a deception of my own making  nor one by  simply a spirit.

Knowledge, that not all have, of things like word origin is important!  Best available transliteration and actual knowledge of original languages is God given and study learned grand knowledge to have, or at least have scholars that have it that can guide and teach  those of us that do not have such time to learn nor ability for that matter. That is one reason not all are the head, and not all are to teach, nor pastor. 

Reveal of heresies are illustrated and taught to us within the Bible. Reading it with thinking and praying  is vital to good stewardship of the gift of salvation given to each that have been called by the Holy Spirit be to turned about from opposing God to worship of him in the name of Yeshua through the Holy Spirit's calling.  

Learning is  both privilege and duty. Praise to God for the opportunity!

I see bc you disagreed with my opinion in a statement, you learned NOTHING else from this thread.

Thank you.

You may start your own thread on whatever you choose; this one I posted is about being in the mind of a servant !

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

44 minutes ago, Keturah 123 said:

I see bc you disagreed with my opinion in a statement, you learned NOTHING else from this thread.

Thank you.

You may start your own thread on whatever you choose; this one I posted is about being in the mind of a servant !

Hi, No servnt learns by only considering what they already believe to be so.  Doing that is to suffer  cognitive dissonance. It is the Holy Spirit that drives one to take make effort to learn the word and to build up knowledge useable in discerning what is the lead of God the Holy Spirit in serving as a soldier of Yeshua's army to the glory of God the father, as compared to what is instead self deception, or a heresy  being taught as Paul spent so much time and energy in his warnings to the churches. of which what is recorded has been inspired by God for the reading by all that will make effort to learn.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1