• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  528
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  1,307
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1989

Honestly, all my life i believed in Luck, today i read a christian magazine and in summary i will say 

All things are known, beforehand, by God. Therefore, we know things don’t happen because of luck.(Ephesians 1:11)

In proverbs16:9, the bable says" The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps."

However, it also depends on our view of God having a purpose for everything, or if we believe that God takes a step back, and uses what happens.

As Christians we believe that everything that does happen is for a purpose.others may believe that not everything that happens has a purpose and might be because of chance or “luck. So according to definitions, luck or chance is what brings good or bad things to happen to people. In Ecclesiastes 7:13, the bible says "Consider the work of God; For who can make straight what He has made crooked"

So therefore I believe all things happen for a reason and that God dictates our path as believers. He guides us and works all things together for good to those who love God, for His glory.

I think that things do happen randomly and that it may look like chance. But that ultimately God is the one who sees the path before us and brings opportunities before us.

I will gladly welcome More edification. I do not have a bible and mostly read from people's materials online. It will be a pleasure to hear from you.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, plavious said:

I will gladly welcome More edification. I do not have a bible and mostly read from people's materials online. It will be a pleasure to hear from you.

Here is an online bible you can read. 

https://www.biblegateway.com/

I dont believe in luck. The bible tells us that not a sparrow falls without the will of the Father, that even the hairs on our head are numbered. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Depends on your definition of luck I guess... I mean in a sense I do, I've been known to say it's my lucky day. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.58
  • Days Won:  1

I believe the harder I work the more luck I have.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  233
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  10/20/1957

Nope, I believe our Heavenly Father directs our path.

Ps. 23:4–“Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me: thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.”

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,420
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

3 hours ago, plavious said:

So therefore I believe all things happen for a reason and that God dictates our path as believers. He guides us and works all things together for good to those who love God, for His glory.

I believe this too. My life has had several instances where there have been a lot of things the world would call a string of lucky coincidences, but I see the hand of God in my life. Evidence that He orchestrated things for my benefit.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,270
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

Do Christians believe in luck

Luck, or favor in the sight of the Lord....Yes

Proverbs 3:1-4, ESV My son, do not forget my teaching, but let your heart keep my commandments, for length of days and years of life and peace they will add to you. Let not steadfast love and faithfulness forsake you; bind them around your neck; write them on the tablet of your heart. So you will find favor and good success in the sight of God and man.

"The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, And he who wins souls is wise"

And the Lord said to Moses,
“This very thing that you have spoken
I will do, for you have found favor in my sight, and I know you by name.”

And God gave Daniel favor and compassion in the sight of the chief of the eunuchs.

For his anger is but for a moment, and his favor is for a lifetime.
Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.

From his abundance we have all received one gracious blessing after anotherJohn 1:16

Doing the 'right thing' increases luck  favor with the Lord.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  956
  • Content Per Day:  2.33

18 minutes ago, Sower said:

Do Christians believe in luck

Luck, or favor in the sight of the Lord....Yes

Proverbs 3:1-4, ESV My son, do not forget my teaching, but let your heart keep my commandments, for length of days and years of life and peace they will add to you. Let not steadfast love and faithfulness forsake you; bind them around your neck; write them on the tablet of your heart. So you will find favor and good success in the sight of God and man.

"The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, And he who wins souls is wise"

And the Lord said to Moses,
“This very thing that you have spoken
I will do, for you have found favor in my sight, and I know you by name.”

And God gave Daniel favor and compassion in the sight of the chief of the eunuchs.

For his anger is but for a moment, and his favor is for a lifetime.
Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.

From his abundance we have all received one gracious blessing after anotherJohn 1:16

Doing the 'right thing' increases luck  favor with the Lord.

It is always best to put our trust in the Lord no matter how bleak our outlook is on life or even job employment.

Ecclesiastes 9:11 I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,515
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

The more I study, the more I suspect luck, chance, and choice are operational in our lives and those beyond our control; testing, temptations, remedial punishments, demonic intervention, etc.

The Lord is omniscient, which means He knows every outcome of every possible choice we can make, and the result of that decision. When bad and evil things happen to those that love Him, as was mentioned above:

Romans 8:28 (KJV) And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Let us look at a couple of examples: The Lord restricts what the demonic realm can do, Satan and his minions can do nothing without the Lord’s permission, and he is on a leash until the Restrainer is taken out of the way.

Take Job, for example. Satan was allowed to do anything he wanted to prove the Lord was wrong about Job, short of killing Job. Satan murdered all five of Job’s children by a whirlwind (tornado possible). At the end of the narrative, did it work out for good with Job? Ultimately, the Lord doubled Job’s property, except his children. God doubled Job’s children with five replacements and five waiting for Job in heaven.

Another example of free will, choice, and chance, is when David is in a tight spot and his life is again in jeopardy. It is too long to explain in detail, but reading 1 Samuel 23:11-16 illustrates an omniscient God telling David the outcome of his free will choices.

Proverbs 27:1 (KJV) Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.

Real-life examples: A Sunday morning church congregation is swept away by an F-5 tornado. One family ran late and was not in the building when the tornado struck. A Christian family was perishing in a head-on car crash, and they would not have died then and there if they had been sixty seconds earlier or later.

2 Corinthians 6:2 (KJV) (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

Succouredβοηθέω  fut. βοηθήσω, 1 aor. ἐβοήθησα, impv. βοήθησον.

Pass. fut. βοήθηθησομαι (cp. Is 44:2; Da 11:34 Theod.);

1 aor. ἐβοηθήθην LXX (s. βοήθεια; Aeschyl., Hdt.+) to render assistance to someone in need, furnish aid.

·         —God as helper (Sb 158 θεὸς αὐτῷ ἐβοήθησε; PGM 13, 289 βοήθησον ἐν ἀνάγκαις; EPeterson, Εἷς θεός 1926, 3f; 309 al.) 2 Cor 6:2 (Is 49:8).[1]

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,270
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

14 minutes ago, ChristB4us said:

It is always best to put our trust in the Lord no matter how bleak our outlook is on life or even job employment.

Ecclesiastes 9:11 I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.

default_thumbsup.gif.2387118badfd6c308057c4854411216c.gif

Good one, and forgot about that one. Thanks...
However, it does not negate God's promises to His flock/children.
And, God is light, and prayer changes things.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1