How do you stay strong when you are trapped

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  128
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  0

Around a person who says verbally abusive thing and lashes out when they are angry. I had this problem before when I was warned not live with this "family member." At the time my grandparent was alive so I could live with them but they are no longer around. The issue of me going back to the state I was originally from is that the house is spiritually dark. I want to go back there but everyone claims they had a dream of not going back there. I want to reach out to some other family members to let me be able to stay with them for the time until I can get a place but they don't care. I honestly would rather be homeless then to deal with being yelled at every single day and trapped in four walls. It's like some type of awful mind control experiment. To be told the same things everyday and manipulated until you just break inside. I really wish I could just end my but I'm always told I will burn if I end it all. I think it's selfish to make someone feel like they have no other choice but to end it all. It's like I'm dealing with my dad all over. I remember before when he would torture me till the point of a heart attack and I couldn't breathe. I don't know if I have a cancerous tumor spreading but it really hurts me to know I am alone. Yeah I may have God but when you have no other people to help you and you ar e just alone to deal with this. Not even one friend or one church member cared. One friend I did have tried to kill me. I'm really scared I'm alone. You may have God but there have been times where someone has been trapped or look at trafficking. No one has an answer of why a kid would get kidnapped and assaulted. It's being allowed to happen. I feel lost and hopeless. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

1 hour ago, rowlandhills said:

Around a person who says verbally abusive thing and lashes out when they are angry. I had this problem before when I was warned not live with this "family member." At the time my grandparent was alive so I could live with them but they are no longer around. The issue of me going back to the state I was originally from is that the house is spiritually dark. I want to go back there but everyone claims they had a dream of not going back there. I want to reach out to some other family members to let me be able to stay with them for the time until I can get a place but they don't care. I honestly would rather be homeless then to deal with being yelled at every single day and trapped in four walls. It's like some type of awful mind control experiment. To be told the same things everyday and manipulated until you just break inside. I really wish I could just end my but I'm always told I will burn if I end it all. I think it's selfish to make someone feel like they have no other choice but to end it all. It's like I'm dealing with my dad all over. I remember before when he would torture me till the point of a heart attack and I couldn't breathe. I don't know if I have a cancerous tumor spreading but it really hurts me to know I am alone. Yeah I may have God but when you have no other people to help you and you ar e just alone to deal with this. Not even one friend or one church member cared. One friend I did have tried to kill me. I'm really scared I'm alone. You may have God but there have been times where someone has been trapped or look at trafficking. No one has an answer of why a kid would get kidnapped and assaulted. It's being allowed to happen. I feel lost and hopeless. 

Friend! first of all, i am so sorry you are dealing with that, no one should have to ever deal with what you're going through. i cannot believe your church or pastor did nothing to help. I know this is difficult, but DONT GIVE UP! YOU ARE NOT ALONE IN THIS!

The first thing you must remember: trust God. Really, when times are difficult, PRAY! talk to him, tell him about those things you are going through, pray with all your might and ask him to help you

Secondly, place boundaries. little ones at first. this person should not be abusing you in any way. You need to get out of there, but while you're still there, try everything in your power to stop that person. If they get physical call the police, if this verbal abuse continues, try calling different abuse hotlines (like https://www.thehotline.org). YOU CANNOT LET THIS GO ON!

Thirdly, do not worry about the 'spiritually dark house' If you are a Christian, and you have trusted Christ as your savior, no spirit or anything demonic can touch you. If you feel the need to go to that house, then go! there's no reason why you must stay in this abuse. 

Fourthly, i know you are in a difficult time, but again, do not harm yourself or emotionally abuse yourself. Please do not think this is your fault, its not. Please please please do not think of ending it all, THERE IS HOPE! and God is by your side comrade! trust him he will help you. 

Fifthly, I AM PRAYING FOR YOU! YOU ARE NOT ALONE! do not give up and trust God in everything you do, pray constantly, there is always light at the end of the tunnel

Edited by portlie
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,181
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, rowlandhills said:

I feel lost and hopeless.

I am so sorry that you have to experience these feelings.   I wish I could help in some way.  Don't really know enough about where you are or what you might be able to do to help, so about all I can do is pray.   Pray that someone comes into your live to give you a hand.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,412
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

Portlie's post is good, and I especially agree about the house. If that's where you've got to go in the name of self preservation then do it. People can have all the dreams they want to, but they're often just nothing more than dreams. Whatever the case it's nothing prayer can't handle.

Speaking more secularly and as someone who's been in some long term abusive relationships at the hands of my family, just suck it in until you feel like you can't take it anymore, and then do it more anyway. When you're dealing with people who are abusive and looking for the littlest reason to go off on you it pays to be as inoffensive as possible and just bide your time until you can get away.

Second, as much as I know very personally how much abuse can mess you up socially and make you fearful of reaching out and instill a defeatist attitude, it's super important in these situations to actually reach out. There are homeless shelters, there are men's and women's shelters. Look these things up, preferably in a private browser window if you think your internet history might be being monitored. Make contact with as many of them as possible via a secure email address as possible, or by phone if your situation allows. See if they can provide any help in getting out of there. Phone is better if your situation allows, since my experience was that a lot of these places don't check their emails regularly.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.77
  • Days Won:  1

You end up in a situation because you have made the decisions that have led you there, your future situations are the result of the decisions you make while you are where you are now.  We live in a cause and effect world because God created a cause and effect world for us to live in.

Always remember, when the world tells you "There is no way!, God telly you "This is the way!".

Jesus told us to seek God's kingdom first and the other things will handle themselves, and while that sometimes seems impossible when we are in distress, that is the only way to find a true answer to your problems.

Take it to the Lord in prayer and trust that he has given the answer when you do, then rely on him and go to work to find it then put it to use.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,247
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The spiritual nature of new birth in Christ leads us into a s/Spiritual reality nonsufficient for flesh to be satisfied with (as the senses: sight, smell, taste, touch and hearing)... it is the war that Paul speaks of in Romans 7... This s/Spiritual life sustains spiritual realities that the Word of God speaks forth thus making our food to be Scripture. As we ingest the Word of God newness of life begins to form
in a new place
Colossians 3:1 -3(KJV)

[1] If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

[2] Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

[3] For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

The more the s'Spiritual reality of this controls our thoughts and lives the more we can maintain peace that passes this worlds understanding and effect upon us...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

Give it all to Jesus.