• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.16
  • Days Won:  0

27 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

Take it up with the author of the NT. Oh, that's right, the Holy Spirit.

2 Co 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 5 For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also abounds through Christ. 6 Now if we are afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effective for enduring the same sufferings which we also suffer. Or if we are comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation. 7 And our hope for you is steadfast, because we know that as you are partakers of the sufferings, so also you will partake of the consolation.

Try a scriptural outlook.

If you're going to quote a previous post at least you should give proper attribution.

I wrote only "What a dismal outlook?  God loves His children and has sent the Holy Spirit to guide us into all truth."

Mr. M was the one who quoted the Scripture that you claimed I wrote.

I accept your apology in advance.

Edited by JimmyB

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.36
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.13
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

2 hours ago, JimmyB said:

If you're going to quote a previous post at least you should give proper attribution.

I wrote only "What a dismal outlook?  God loves His children and has sent the Holy Spirit to guide us into all truth."

Mr. M was the one who quoted the Scripture that you claimed I wrote.

I accept your apology in advance.

Don't hold your breath Jimmy. I quoted my own post to show that my statement was supported by scripture, which you referred to as a "dismal outlook". I say again, it is a scriptural outlook. No apologies if the chastising of the Lord upsets your cozy view of a believer's walk.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.55
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

5 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

Don't hold your breath Jimmy. I quoted my own post to show that my statement was supported by scripture, which you referred to as a "dismal outlook". I say again, it is a scriptural outlook. No apologies if the chastising of the Lord upsets your cozy view of a believer's walk.

Go easy, brother. Don't get overly excited.

:-)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mr. M said:

I have shown that my statements and my faith are totally supported by Scripture.  If you think that you are infallible, well, what can I say?

"Love your neighbor as yourself" is quoted in both testaments, at least in my Bibles.

Here two thing which you might learn from...

1 John 2:9-11, "Whoever says, “I am in the light,” while hating a brother or sister, is still in the darkness. Whoever loves a brother or sister abides in the light, and in such a person there is no cause for stumbling. But whoever hates a brother or sister is in the darkness, walks in the darkness, and does not know the way to go, because the darkness has brought on blindness."

Luke 18:9-14, "He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous and regarded others with contempt: “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee, standing by himself, was praying thus, ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people: thieves, rogues, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give a tenth of all my income.’ But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven but was beating his breast and saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ I tell you, this man went down to his home justified rather than the other, for all who exalt themselves will be humbled, but all who humble themselves will be exalted.”

... but maybe not.

11 minutes ago, Alive said:

Go easy, brother. Don't get overly excited.

:-)

Don't want anyone to feel the burn of what is being taught

in Hebrews 12, that's all.

8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

35 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

Don't want anyone to feel the burn of what is being taught

in Hebrews 12, that's all.

8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

But if thou be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are thou art a bastard, and not a son."

or, here is that verse in English (not Englyshe), "If you do not have that discipline in which all children share, then you are illegitimate and not his children."

And continuing on to verse 14, "Pursue peace with everyone and the holiness without which no one will see the Lord."

You might just want to read that verse again and consider what it says.

Edited by JimmyB

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  956
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, JimmyB said:

But if thou be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are thou art a bastard, and not a son."

or, here is that verse in English (not Englyshe), "If you do not have that discipline in which all children share, then you are illegitimate and not his children."

And continuing on to verse 14, "Pursue peace with everyone and the holiness without which no one will see the Lord."

Read this for why tongues are not for private use by any member of the body, let alone for the Holy Spirit to use it for private use.

1 Corinthians 12:4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; 10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: 11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

14 For the body is not one member, but many.

15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? 16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling? 18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.

19 And if they were all one member, where were the body? 20 But now are they many members, yet but one body. 21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

That proves tongue speakers today are wresting Paul's words in 1 Corinthians 14th chapter by taking verses 2 & 4 & 14 out of context of what Paul is saying for believers to seek the gift of prophesy from all spiritual gifts including tongues by showing tongues is not a stand alone gift to be using in the assembly when the tongue speaker has to pray for an interpretation so that he may understand that tongue for that tongue to truly edify himself.

Paul gave the bottom line on tongues in verses 20-21 that it is for God to speak unto the people in their native tongue and was never to serve as a sign towards the believers for anything let alone as proof of receiving that baptism of the Holy Ghost at their salvation moment.

Edited by ChristB4us

13 hours ago, JimmyB said:

If you think that being illegitimate children without discipline is a less dismal view of the relationship with the Lord, then go with that. 

13 hours ago, JimmyB said:

Pursuing peace is wonderful advice, and I am not trying to be hostile. Why would you skip over so much of the lesson of Hebrews 12 to arrive at verse 14? Hopefully NASB is acceptable.

7 It is for discipline that you endure; God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom his father does not discipline? 8 But if you are without discipline, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate children and not sons. 9 Furthermore, we had earthly fathers to discipline us, and we respected them; shall we not much more be subject to the Father of spirits, and live? 10 For they disciplined us for a short time as seemed best to them, but He disciplines us for our good, so that we may share His holiness. 11 For the moment, all discipline seems not to be pleasant, but painful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterward it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness.

So if you don't mind returning to your original statement and not divert from that, why is this a dismal view of our relationship with the Lord? I would hope that you and everyone else understands that this is our covenant with the Lord by the sure mercies of David, as stated in the promise.

2 Samuel 7:14 I will be a father to him and he will be a son to Me; when he does wrong, I will discipline him with a rod of men and with strokes of sons of mankind, 15 but My favor shall not depart from him, as I took it away from Saul, whom I removed from you.

Some may see the discipline of the rod and the strokes as a dismal view, but I would remind them of the words of Paul.

Romans 8:28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. 

Remaining on topic, this is how the Holy Spirit helps us.

14 hours ago, JimmyB said:

I have shown that my statements and my faith are totally supported by Scripture.  If you think that you are infallible, well, what can I say?

"Love your neighbor as yourself" is quoted in both testaments, at least in my Bibles.

Here two thing which you might learn from...

1 John 2:9-11, "Whoever says, “I am in the light,” while hating a brother or sister, is still in the darkness. Whoever loves a brother or sister abides in the light, and in such a person there is no cause for stumbling. But whoever hates a brother or sister is in the darkness, walks in the darkness, and does not know the way to go, because the darkness has brought on blindness."

Luke 18:9-14, "He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous and regarded others with contempt: “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee, standing by himself, was praying thus, ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people: thieves, rogues, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give a tenth of all my income.’ But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven but was beating his breast and saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ I tell you, this man went down to his home justified rather than the other, for all who exalt themselves will be humbled, but all who humble themselves will be exalted.”

... but maybe not.

2 Corinthians 10:12 For we do not presume to rank or compare ourselves with some of those who commend themselves; but when they measure themselves by themselves and compare themselves with themselves, they have no understanding.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  956
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  1

19 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

If you think that being illegitimate children without discipline is a less dismal view of the relationship with the Lord, then go with that. 

Some may see the discipline of the rod and the strokes as a dismal view, but I would remind them of the words of Paul.

Romans 8:28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. 

Remaining on topic, this is how the Holy Spirit helps us.

I agree in that regard but tongues for private use has no part in that when the modern day tongue speaker know not what is being said.

We get our discipline from scriptures, words we understand.

2 Timothy 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. 9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was. 10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience, 11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me. 12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. 13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. 19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. 20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. 21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father. 25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life. 26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. 27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. 28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

That is how the Holy Spirit helps us through scripture.

Not through tongues for private use.

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

Edited by ChristB4us