• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,400
  • Content Per Day:  12.14
  • Days Won:  31

8 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is: love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith,
23 meekness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
24 But those belonging to Christ have crucified the flesh with its passions and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26 Let us not become glory-seeking, provoking one another, envying one another.

One of my wife's favorite passages....... :)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I have another thought to share and hopefully without bloviating. Ha--that came to mind because of something our beloved brother Omega said to me just before the Lord took him home, but that is for another time.

I was conversing in a PM earlier with a brother and attempting to communicate how all of us members of Worthy are on a level and equal footing. And that in the sense of our worth and that worth as Christ's sees us.

A few minutes ago, I was reminded of that and in the context of this OP, it made sense to me to mention another thought.

Whether any one of us has a degree of scriptural knowledge little or more or whether or not there exists a level of Christ-wrought maturity--we might should all seek the kind of humility that enables us to 'serve'. To serve others.

To wash the feet of tired travelers who have picked up the dust of the earth while walking in this world.

The simplest and most modest serving of one of His dear children, has eternal value and I believe causes the angels of heaven to rejoice and wonder at how His Life in us can cause such beauty to exist in such a dark place.

Have the ambition to be a servant.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,952
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, Alive said:

Have the ambition to be a servant.

@Alive I do like your devotionals.

My Contribution:

Have the ambition to be a servant . . . but not to be an over-burdened servant.

ChatBot Result:

Burnout is a state of emotional, physical, social, and spiritual exhaustion that can occur when someone is overwhelmed by the pressures and demands of their work or ministry ². It can lead to diminished health, social withdrawal, depression, and a spiritual malaise ². Burnout is not uncommon among those who work in Christian ministry or service ⁶.

There are several ways to prevent and cope with burnout. Some suggestions include taking breaks, practicing self-care, seeking support from others, and engaging in spiritual practices such as prayer and reflection ³⁵.

Is there anything else you would like to know?

Source: Conversation with Bing, 29/04/2023

(1) What does the Bible say about burnout? | GotQuestions.org. https://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-burnout.html Accessed 29/04/2023.
(2) Burnout in Christian culture | ChristianToday Australia. https://www.christiantoday.com.au/news/burnout-in-christian-culture.html Accessed 29/04/2023.
(3) Burnout in Christian Perspective | SpringerLink. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11089-017-0799-4 Accessed 29/04/2023.
(4) 12 Ways to Fight Church Volunteer Burnout - The Faithlife Blog. https://www.logos.com/grow/church-volunteer-burnout/ Accessed 29/04/2023.
(5) Christian Ministry Burnout: Prevention, Signs, Statistics, and Recovery. https://wordpartners.org/resources/christian-ministry-burnout-prevention-signs-statistics-and-recovery/ Accessed 29/04/2023.
(6) The Way Out of “Burnout” - Desiring God. https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/the-way-out-of-burnout Accessed 29/04/2023.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Sower said:

default_thumbsup.gif.30ff1cab113a3eb90537e258ebb4dfcb.gif

"And he said to them, “Come away by yourselves to a desolate place and rest a while.”

So, while they were with Jesus, He took care of them, by guiding them to rest.

While we obey Jesus, He guides us in His rest.

So, as soon as I start to get into what is not His rest in my soul, right away I need to stop while God corrects and tunes me so I am with Him in His love and goodness and sharing and caring about others.

And do not let anything or anyone have power over us, to get us away from submitting to Jesus in His rest.

"I will not be brought under the power of any." (in 1 Corinthians 6:12)

So, loving one another includes how we help and encourage each other to stay in Christ's rest. And love one another, by being good examples of this.

Edited by com7fy8
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

15 hours ago, Alive said:

All of us 'In Christ' have been made members of His very own family as sons and daughters. As such, we are desirious of treating one another in a manner that pleases our Lord. A fair measure of this may be to behave toward others in the same way that we each wish to be treated....with love, grace, mercy and understanding.

In addition to these things, how we carry ourselves on this forum, is what vsitors see of examples of christian behavior.

I think that the spirit of the Terms of Service has these things as the goal for Worthy.

To be a witness for Christ. To be a reflection of who He is and His work in each of us.

None of us are perfect and we all of us as brothers and sisters  require His wonderful and tender Grace and Mercy and of course--LOVE.

May God bless us all and help us to be this Witness for His Names sake.

:amen:We are FAMILY and I often think of my Grandmother who was terribly heartbroken by way her daughters treated each other- no parent wants to see their children be unkind to one another,its also inconsiderate, disrespectful to the parent with no regard for their feelings---and then they'll say" but I do love her"????? That is not love,not even close

Yesterday I had a conversation with someone who said" I want to love God more,I hardly say" I love you God " because I don't know that I love Him as I should....

I replied by addressing what I see in that statement-I see focus on " self".. God did not Give us a measure of love but a measure of Faith- He So Loved the world and He Did not Say "whosoever loves my Son shall have Everlasting Life- He Said Whosoever Believes!!! Love is the product,it's an action - it's the " works' that result from feeding our Faith with God's Word.....We are servants and our service is also an action,the result of LOVE ...the Love of Christ in us!

Fix your eyes on Him,what He Has Done because He Loves us ---- that's the Faith in which we Receive the Grace of God -thats the Faith that Will Produce those Good Fruits to serve the Purpose of our Calling- Love God with all your heart,soul & mind and love one another ❤️

With love in Christ, Kwik

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

"My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth." (1 John 3:18)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1