IGNORED

How important is the existence of demons to you?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

If demons really do exist, how important would their existence be to you out of 10?  1 to 10.

Thanks

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

IF they exist??? 

They exist and they bother people.

They are not important in that they are evil and our focus should be on the Lord, but they are important in that they are enemies to us. They are not things I dwell on. I give it a 4 (1 is low, 10 is high)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,025
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,347
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

I also keep my focus on the Lord not demons.   Any importance of them to me I rate a number 2....not very important.    

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,413
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

I have to agree. Not very important and they've already been defeated. I believe in their existence but if they didn't I don't feel like a whole lot would change so far as day to day life is concerned.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.75
  • Days Won:  1

13 hours ago, ayin jade said:

They exist and they bother people.

A lot more than just bother sometimes.

And why would anyone doubt they exist when Jesus dealt with them as real beings?

Most Christians don't believe in them nowadays, and not believing in them allows them to influence (or even possess) those who are unwary of them because of their failure to recognize their presence and how they are working on and in us.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

Well, if Satanic beings are doing things, this is important. But God is greater than Satan and his kingdom >

"You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world." (1 John 4:4)

So, if Satanic ones can't get the better of us, then for us they are not important, possibly we could say. But how about if someone is possessed by a demon? I would say that for the possessed one a demon is very important.

And we should care about people who are being ruined by demonic activity, so that it is important to us because we care about them. There is > 

"the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience,"

we have in Ephesians 2:2. So, yes Satan's evil spirit of pride and selfishness is working, right now, in disobedient people. Satan's disobedient spirit can work very hard, by means of emotions and drives which are against how God's word says to love. Ephesians 4:31-32 says,

"Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you." (Ephesians 4:31-32)

But demonic spiritual activity keeps people from obeying this, so that people are living in bitterness and anger and they are not "tenderhearted" and forgiving "even as God". Such anti-love spiritual activity of Satan is very important . . . keeping people degraded and weak so they do not love the way God's word says to relate in love.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

Judging by the replies, it looks to me like the Demonic is actually almost non-existent in the lives of most people here.  

Do they put it down to the intervention of God by staying in the Word regularly, or through some other means?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,265
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

On 5/11/2023 at 2:24 PM, Dave-regenerated said:

If demons really do exist, how important would their existence be to you out of 10?  1 to 10.

Thanks

The bible says they do exist. A no brainer.

You say "how important would their existence be to you out of 10?"

Considering their power over me as a born again believer, a  -1.

Considering their (supernatural) ability to lie/deceive and influence my thinking/thoughts, a 10.

As has been said here, most do not realize the subtleties/influence of our unseen enemy.

But our God says;

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this world’s darkness, and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground,
and after you have done everything, to stand. 
       Ephesians 6:19-13

The vast percentage of believers cannot name the different armor God has for us, sadly.

The enemy has been defeated in his power over us, believers, but his influence continues on, as you can see what God says above.
Seems to me we really DO need to take EVERY thought captive, and consider where it came from. Thoughts generate actions.
I do not obsess over the enemy, I'm free in God's hands, (amen),  but try to do as God instructs us, and examine my thoughts.

The Full armor God has given us;

Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness,

and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace.

'Above all', taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. (doubts)

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; 
               Ephesians 6:16-19

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.15

Regarding demons...  if I had to rate the importance to me of their existence I would give it a 2 out of 10.  They are in the world, but Jesus is greater than any and every demon.  The Bible clearly shows that.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

They exist allright.  Thankfully Christ defeated them.

Col. 2:   15, And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

James 4:   7, Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 

Edited by HAZARD