• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

6 minutes ago, Anne2 said:

No, but why does it say there was no king in Israel, if God was their king?

Because there was no King in Israel yet to enforce the Law of God.

To make decrees and punished those who disobeyed them.

That is telling us that it was a time that God did not move swiftly upon those who violated the terms of the Law...

And the elders of the people who were there to judge them and who had the power to punished the offenders some not all became corrupted...

God was their King...he was the one who looked after their welfare in a way a King could never do.

He bless them with good harvest and protected them from their enemies...he fought with them against their enemies.

The people had a big problem they were not free to do as they pleased...they were in a Covenant with God and God was the enforcer of the Covenant and they were on Holy Land...the Land of their Lord God who gave it as an Inheritance to Abraham and to his chosen children...

God distributed his Land to them...they did not buy it that's why they could not do what they wanted with it. They did not pay anything they had to keep the terms of the Covenant and the enforcer was the Lord God...

God punished them in due time...all the North kingdom was vanished...they had a king later on but God was still the enforcer of the Covenant and he punished their King along with them...and they payed the price for the sins of their King...they were punished together with him when God was punishing their King...

They were not free they had to served the Covenant...they were in the captivity of the Covenant. 

God loved them and he was waiting for them to repent. 

Because he did not want to punished the good together with the bad as when he sent a drought to them the good were also punished with the disobedient. 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

4 minutes ago, Anne2 said:

Thank you michael....Then why did God Get angry when they asked for one?

Samuel was against choosing a king for Israel but it was inevitable that they would want one from among their number instead of obeying the Judges directly, so God relented.

Hos 13:9-11  "O Israel, you are destroyed, But your help is from Me.  (10)  I will be your King; Where is any other, That he may save you in all your cities? And your judges to whom you said, 'Give me a king and princes'?  (11)  I gave you a king in My anger, And took him away in My wrath. *(Saul)

1Sa 10:17-20  Then Samuel called the people together to the LORD at Mizpah,  (18)  and said to the children of Israel, "Thus says the LORD God of Israel: 'I brought up Israel out of Egypt, and delivered you from the hand of the Egyptians and from the hand of all kingdoms and from those who oppressed you.'  (19)  But you have today rejected your God, who Himself saved you from all your adversities and your tribulations; and you have said to Him, 'No, set a king over us!' Now therefore, present yourselves before the LORD by your tribes and by your clans."  (20)  And when Samuel had caused all the tribes of Israel to come near, the tribe of Benjamin was chosen.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Samuel was against choosing a king for Israel but it was inevitable that they would want one from among their number instead of obeying the Judges directly, so God relented.

Hos 13:9-11  "O Israel, you are destroyed, But your help is from Me.  (10)  I will be your King; Where is any other, That he may save you in all your cities? And your judges to whom you said, 'Give me a king and princes'?  (11)  I gave you a king in My anger, And took him away in My wrath. *(Saul)

1Sa 10:17-20  Then Samuel called the people together to the LORD at Mizpah,  (18)  and said to the children of Israel, "Thus says the LORD God of Israel: 'I brought up Israel out of Egypt, and delivered you from the hand of the Egyptians and from the hand of all kingdoms and from those who oppressed you.'  (19)  But you have today rejected your God, who Himself saved you from all your adversities and your tribulations; and you have said to Him, 'No, set a king over us!' Now therefore, present yourselves before the LORD by your tribes and by your clans."  (20)  And when Samuel had caused all the tribes of Israel to come near, the tribe of Benjamin was chosen.

Thank you for posting from your own study. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,500
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Thank you for  taking the time to post this.   Appreciate it

• Thanks 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,072
  • Content Per Day:  3.29

10 hours ago, farouk said:
84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_pattern

Hebrews 7 explains the uniqueness of the Lord Jesus by reference to Melchizedek.

Certainly. I judge that more is meant. The Book of Hebrews was written (by author unknown) to Jews who had converted to Christianity, who, when faced wit the rigors of Christianity, were in danger of returning to Moses. The author shows Christ's superiority in all things. One of them is Christ's priesthood. Aaron was chosen by the Lord to meet face to face and not die. But Aaron, and his following offspring were subject to death. They soon stopped doing their duty as priests. Christ is superior in that He belongs to an ORDER that does not die. He "ever lives" to make intercession and does not die. His ORDER is then superior and much more profitable than the Aaronic ORDER

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,072
  • Content Per Day:  3.29

13 hours ago, Anne2 said:

Well, you appear to understand this conversation better than me. My brain is littler still. 

No. You were doing well. Sometimes we get brothers and sisters whose grammar is difficult. This could be for a variety of reasons - like English is not the mother tongue. But in this case we are dealing with things that we can't cope with intellectually - the things of God. It's like the Triune God. Who can really fathom it? The best scholars have fought for 2,000 years about it and are unable to formulate a suitable understanding. But I like it. It gives me much confidence that God is really as great as He says He is.

The ORDER of Melchizedek means essentially that there are a group of the same men. But therein lies the catch. Is Jesus one of many, or is He unique? Jesus belongs to this ORDER that neither are born nor die, nor have parents.

Deep stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AdHoc said:

No. You were doing well. Sometimes we get brothers and sisters whose grammar is difficult. This could be for a variety of reasons - like English is not the mother tongue. But in this case we are dealing with things that we can't cope with intellectually - the things of God. It's like the Triune God. Who can really fathom it? The best scholars have fought for 2,000 years about it and are unable to formulate a suitable understanding. But I like it. It gives me much confidence that God is really as great as He says He is.

The ORDER of Melchizedek means essentially that there are a group of the same men. But therein lies the catch. Is Jesus one of many, or is He unique? Jesus belongs to this ORDER that neither are born nor die, nor have parents.

Deep stuff.

Hi there, thanks. I think, just my opinion, to much concern over perceived "intellectual". We need the spirit of God to accept his ways, his truth as our truth. But Concern over intellect, unless I am misunderstanding that term,  means the fleshly mind void of the spirit of God.

When it comes to the order of Melchizedek, Just pointing out a biblical construct is all, for discussion. There are levels of priesthood. Judaism, historic Christianity, and scripture.

High priest, sons of Aaron

Levites, judaism calls ordinary priests

And priesthood of the people as a whole.

So, this is the shadow and pattern we are given in scripture, for even the natural man to see. So, the very plain and simple construct is, as recognized by others, not just myself alone.

So, Jesus being High priest (and king) over that order. And only him, forever without end. 

It is not according Genealogy, In the new covenant made in his blood, therefore need not have Lineage Mother or Father. The carnal commands have been disannulled.

But maybe you are seeing something I am not?

Yes, it is deeper, in that he took on flesh of the children of Abraham, and purged them. But the priesthood and levels of it not so much.

Edited by Anne2

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,358
  • Content Per Day:  2.74

12 hours ago, Anne2 said:

Ok. care to give it?

The short answer is they were not happy with bad judges and they had a case of "keeping up with the Joneses"

4 minutes ago, NConly said:

The short answer is they were not happy with bad judges and they had a case of "keeping up with the Joneses"

The last of this subject for me in this thread.

There is this in the law.

After a long list of all the curses that they would endure for not keeping the law

a king is spoken of

De 28:36  The LORD shall bring thee, and thy king which thou shalt set over thee, unto a nation which neither thou nor thy fathers have known; and there shalt thou serve other gods, wood and stone.

I do not know if this could be applied or not, in the trust for a King? It might have nothing to do with it.

There is also this....

Will forsake his covenant

De 31:16  And the LORD said unto Moses, Behold, thou shalt sleep with thy fathers; and this people will rise up, and go a whoring after the gods of the strangers of the land, whither they go to be among them, and will forsake me, and break my covenant which I have made with them.

Foretold before they even entered the land......

:21  And it shall come to pass, when many evils and troubles are befallen them, that this song shall testify against them as a witness; for it shall not be forgotten out of the mouths of their seed: for I know their imagination which they go about, even now, before I have brought them into the land which I sware.

• Well Said! 1