• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

On 6/22/2023 at 4:40 PM, Stewardofthemystery said:

Which brings us to the Lords 2 witnesses in Revelation 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.”

Many believe the 2 witnesses, 2 Olive trees, or 2 candlesticks are 2 single individual men like Moses and Elijah. But when you understand the time of 1,260 days to be “symbolic of time,”then perhaps you’ll search it out.

Greetings Stewardofthemystery

Yes many believe the two witnesses are Moses and Elijah because of the transfiguration but it is not so.

We can rule out Moses;

Hebrews 9:27   And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Only two men since the beginning of time have not died, but were taken up into heaven in a chariot.  So they must be preserved for a reason?

And those two men are Enoch and Elijah.

We were already told that Elijah is coming back

Malachi 4:5   Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

And the other prophet can only be Enoch if we connect the dots....because he did not die either.  These are the two witnesses whom God will pour his spirit into before the great and dreadful day of the Lord.

Zechariah 4:12   And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves?

These two are God's anointed full of the holy spirit.  That golden oil will be God's words and power coming out of their mouths which gives 'faith' and is the fuel to keep the light from going out from the seven churches mentioned in Revelation 1:20, ....for those individuals in the end times who repented out of those 7 churches or 7 categories of believers.

How marvelous is it going to be to see God working through these two prophets for 1260 days giving judgment on the beast and his kingdom?  Will that not keep our faith going during that dark period of the tribulation when there may be little strength left?

God will send Enoch and Elijah and they will fight for us who worship in spirit and in truth to keep the light on for a little longer, because we will see the power of God through them conquering this beast who oppressed us.

Then the two prophets will experience their FIRST DEATH which is the second woe.

Revelation 11:6   These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

Revelation 11:7   And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

Revelation 11:8   And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Revelation 11:9   And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

Revelation 11:10   And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets
tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

Revelation 11:11   And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

Revelation 11:14   The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.

So we have two holy men that never died, and the proof is in the pudding that we have two holy men dishing out the plagues who can't be killed for 1260 days, but when they are ...their dead bodies lie in the street for 3 1/2 days and every body celebrates, because the world will blame them for the plagues.  Then they are brought back to life and fear will fall upon them all.  And we know the 3rd woe is coming soon which is the Coming so it won't be long. 

Isn't this going to be amazing what God has in store?

I hope you will consider.

Stewartofthemystery

I forgot to post this scripture;  It is speaking of the two witnesses.

Daniel 12:7   And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

Remember after the 2nd woe, the third woe comes quickly.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  969
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  2

18 hours ago, Jaydub said:

We are told, we are the branches and we get our nourishment from the root. In other words God is the trunk and we are the branches. The olive tree is a picture of Gods holy family. His anointed ones surrounding him. All believers Jews and gentiles. I think when we look at the olive tree we see a heavenly picture, because the anointed ones are surrounding God. When we look at the lampstand we see an earthly picture, because we are a light to the world.

The golden pipes coming out of the olive tree represents and endless supply of the Holy spirit going down to the to the lampstand, we are to be the light of the world, but notice, in Zechariah there is only one lampstand, the birth of the church has not happened yet. Look at this. In Zechariah we see the plumb line in Zerubbabel's hand. Here we see the birth of the temple . The start of temple worships, the Law and commandments and when John writes, He is writing just after the destruction of the temple and its now time for the second lampstand to come into picture. the second witness and that is of Jesus Christ. We are Gods witnesses all who believe, we are the two anointed ones, we are the olive branches

So my conclusion is different. I believe we are the two anointed ones and Gods 7 spirits/Holy Spirit is poured into us.

Isaiah gives us what these 7 spirits of the Holy Spirit are in chapter 11. The spirit of the Lord, the spirit of wisdom, the spirit of understanding, the spirit of council, the spirit of power, the spirit knowledge and of fear.

The picture in Zechariah is a wonderful picture of Gods family and his holy spirit being poured out to his people

Jesus said He is the vine (the candle stick) and we are the branches. (His branches)

There is an interesting “similitude”of this parable shown in the law with “the candle stick” and “His”branches…

Exodus 25:31-37

King James Version

31 And thou shalt make “a candlestick” of pure gold: of beaten work shall “the candlestick” be made: his shaft, and “his branches,” his bowls, his knops, and his flowers, shall be of the same.

32 And six branches shall come out of the sides of it; three branches of “the candlestick”out of the one side, and three branches of the candlestick out of the other side:

33 Three bowls made like unto almonds, with a knop and a flower in one branch; and three bowls made like almonds in the other branch, with a knop and a flower: so in the six branches that come out of “the candlestick.”

34 And in the candlesticks shall be four bowls made like unto almonds, with their knops and their flowers.

35 And there shall be a knop under two branches of the same, and a knop under two branches of the same, and a knop under two branches of the same, according to the six branches that proceed out of the candlestick.

36 Their knops and their branches shall be of the same: all it shall be one beaten work of pure gold.

37 And thou shalt make the seven lamps thereof: and they shall light the lamps thereof, that they may give light over against it.”

Notice in the above the main “ candle stick” (the Vine) is in the middle (midst) of His 6 branches.

Now notice what John sees in the Revelation…

And “in the midst”of the seven candlesticks “one like unto the Son of man,” clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the sevenstars in his right hand, who walketh “in the midst”of the seven golden candlesticks;

When you think about the imagery being shown in Exodus with the main candle stick in the middle ( midst) of His 6 branches with what Jesus said about being “the Vine” that feeds the branches, then this imagery of Jesus Christ being in the “midst” of the 7 branches makes more sense.

Another interesting tidbit is that Christ is also spoken as the One who is not only called “the Root,”and “the Vine,” but is also spoken of as the One who is called “the Branch.”

And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the Lord of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is “The Branch;”and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the Lord:”

So God in many different similitudes shows us His true and faithful witness is “in” the midst of all His “anointed” saints. (Branches)

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Edited by Stewardofthemystery

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

On 6/22/2023 at 3:40 AM, Stewardofthemystery said:

Which brings us to the Lords 2 witnesses in Revelation 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.”

A good place to start concerning the two witnesses is when the Lord appeared to Abraham by the oaks of Mamre, and His two witnesses were there with Him in Genesis 18.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  4,419
  • Content Per Day:  8.21
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/22/2023 at 7:54 AM, SACREDWARRIOR said:

Hello,

I also believe the two witnesses will not be individuals but rather PEOPLE GROUPS...Your article sums it up very well!!

the battle rages til the lion roars!!

Clarence

Interesting.  The 2 opening posts were quite detailed with a lot of information.  However, I think the Bible gives us specific names of the "2 witnesses".

But first, the basic principle for mankind:

Heb 9:27 - Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,

OK, so everyone can expect to die once.  That would be physical death, of course.  Unbelievers get to die twice, since their dead bodies will be resurrected to appear before the GWT, before they are cast into the LOF.  The LOF is also called the "second death" because their still mortal resurrected bodies will die AGAIN.  So that's twice.

The OT tells us that there were 2 men who didn't physically die, but rather, the Lord "took them away".  

Gen 5:24 - Enoch walked faithfully with God; then he was no more, because God took him away.

2 Kings 2:11 - As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind.

The idea that the 2W are said to be:

"Jesus Christ is the true and faithful witness that dwells “in”all his anointed saints, and that is how the Father speaks His words to the world, by Christ dwelling in His saints; or God’s Word and Spirit “in”us. (2 witnesses are in us)"

doesn't fit the narrative about when the 2W will be killed:

Rev 11:7-11

"Now when they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the Abyss will attack them, and overpower and kill them. Their bodies will lie in the public square of the great city —which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt—where also their Lord was crucified. For three and a half days some from every people, tribe, language and nation will gaze on their bodies and refuse them burial. The inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them and will celebrate by sending each other gifts, because these two prophets had tormented those who live on the earth.
But after the three and a half days the breath of life from God entered them, and they stood on their feet, and terror struck those who saw them."

This description reads quite literally regarding physical men.  Their bodies will be seen by people.  And the bodies will die.

So, Enoch and Elijah are the most qualified men to be the 2W.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

I believe the two horns of the second beast would be the most qualified to practice their authority in Jerusalem during those 42 months.I believe they will also do great wonders at that time like making fire come down from heaven.

They would only need to come in Jesus name and they would fit perfectly into the prophecy.

Revelation 13

11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  222
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

Interesting.  The 2 opening posts were quite detailed with a lot of information.  However, I think the Bible gives us specific names of the "2 witnesses".

But first, the basic principle for mankind:

Heb 9:27 - Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,

OK, so everyone can expect to die once.  That would be physical death, of course.  Unbelievers get to die twice, since their dead bodies will be resurrected to appear before the GWT, before they are cast into the LOF.  The LOF is also called the "second death" because their still mortal resurrected bodies will die AGAIN.  So that's twice.

The OT tells us that there were 2 men who didn't physically die, but rather, the Lord "took them away".  

Gen 5:24 - Enoch walked faithfully with God; then he was no more, because God took him away.

2 Kings 2:11 - As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind.

The idea that the 2W are said to be:

"Jesus Christ is the true and faithful witness that dwells “in”all his anointed saints, and that is how the Father speaks His words to the world, by Christ dwelling in His saints; or God’s Word and Spirit “in”us. (2 witnesses are in us)"

doesn't fit the narrative about when the 2W will be killed:

Rev 11:7-11

"Now when they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the Abyss will attack them, and overpower and kill them. Their bodies will lie in the public square of the great city —which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt—where also their Lord was crucified. For three and a half days some from every people, tribe, language and nation will gaze on their bodies and refuse them burial. The inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them and will celebrate by sending each other gifts, because these two prophets had tormented those who live on the earth.
But after the three and a half days the breath of life from God entered them, and they stood on their feet, and terror struck those who saw them."

This description reads quite literally regarding physical men.  Their bodies will be seen by people.  And the bodies will die.

So, Enoch and Elijah are the most qualified men to be the 2W.

Yes named by God names that were given meaning to be used to signify the understanding hidden from natural mankind. Like Moses meaning “drawn out” the one person used to represent the law of God and Elijah meaning "the Lord is God." the witness of God representing all the prophets therefore to the law Moses)and prophets Elisa  (sola scriptural). The gospel, it will be silenced (killed) as God sends a fathom for hearing the gospel.

Many references given in two different ways using two to equal one, Moses and Elijah. The law and the prophets. The law and its testimony.The father and the Son  . Calling them one word as a labor of Love  (sola scriptura)

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.       

Below the word of God communing with the son of man. (inspiration) 

Matthew 17:3 And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.

What others oral traditons call heresy mocking the word of God  ...

Acts 24:14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

Luke 16 16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Then he used the word Moses to identify the law giver 

Luke 16 29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

And last if you do not hear the gospel empowered by God you will not rise on the last day under the sun 

Luke 16 31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

9 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

I believe the two horns of the second beast would be the most qualified to practice their authority in Jerusalem during those 42 months.I believe they will also do great wonders at that time like making fire come down from heaven.

They would only need to come in Jesus name and they would fit perfectly into the prophecy.

Hi Shilohsfoal

The two horns of the second beast is on one man....the Son of Perdition.  The horns represent leadership.  He leads the secular and the spiritual side of things.  A world leader who God calls 'the False Prophet'.  Not just any false prophet, but the final one chosen by Satan to be his mouthpiece, because he speaks just like a dragon, full of lies and deceit just like his father Satan who's spirit is in him.

Revelation 13:12   And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

Revelation 13:13   And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

Revelation 13:14   And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Revelation 13:15   And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Revelation 13:16   And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

5 hours ago, Sister said:

Hi Shilohsfoal

The two horns of the second beast is on one man....the Son of Perdition.  The horns represent leadership.  He leads the secular and the spiritual side of things.  A world leader who God calls 'the False Prophet'.  Not just any false prophet, but the final one chosen by Satan to be his mouthpiece, because he speaks just like a dragon, full of lies and deceit just like his father Satan who's spirit is in him.

Revelation 13:12   And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

Revelation 13:13   And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

Revelation 13:14   And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Revelation 13:15   And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Revelation 13:16   And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

Well,the two horns are not really on a man.

The two horns represent the two leaders of the son of perditions armed forces that will occupy Jerusalem for those 42 months.Im sure you are familiar with the armed forces who leaders have fire which procedes from their mouths to destroy their enemies.

Daniel 11:31

31 “His armed forces will rise up to desecrate the temple fortress and will abolish the daily sacrifice. Then they will set up the abomination that causes desolation.

But like I said ,they only need to come in Jesus name claiming to be in Christ to fulfill that which is written .Sounds like a falling away .

Mathew 24:5

For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Yea,they will be occupying Israel during those 42 months.And much like Judas,they could appear to follow Christ or at least claim to.

Edited by Shilohsfoal

• 2 weeks later...

On 8/30/2023 at 12:09 AM, Sister said:

Greetings Stewardofthemystery

Yes many believe the two witnesses are Moses and Elijah because of the transfiguration but it is not so.

We can rule out Moses;

Hebrews 9:27   And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Only two men since the beginning of time have not died, but were taken up into heaven in a chariot.  So they must be preserved for a reason?

And those two men are Enoch and Elijah.

We were already told that Elijah is coming back

Malachi 4:5   Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

And the other prophet can only be Enoch if we connect the dots....because he did not die either.  These are the two witnesses whom God will pour his spirit into before the great and dreadful day of the Lord.

Zechariah 4:12   And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves?

These two are God's anointed full of the holy spirit.  That golden oil will be God's words and power coming out of their mouths which gives 'faith' and is the fuel to keep the light from going out from the seven churches mentioned in Revelation 1:20, ....for those individuals in the end times who repented out of those 7 churches or 7 categories of believers.

How marvelous is it going to be to see God working through these two prophets for 1260 days giving judgment on the beast and his kingdom?  Will that not keep our faith going during that dark period of the tribulation when there may be little strength left?

God will send Enoch and Elijah and they will fight for us who worship in spirit and in truth to keep the light on for a little longer, because we will see the power of God through them conquering this beast who oppressed us.

Then the two prophets will experience their FIRST DEATH which is the second woe.

Revelation 11:6   These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

Revelation 11:7   And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

Revelation 11:8   And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Revelation 11:9   And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

Revelation 11:10   And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets
tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

Revelation 11:11   And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

Revelation 11:14   The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.

So we have two holy men that never died, and the proof is in the pudding that we have two holy men dishing out the plagues who can't be killed for 1260 days, but when they are ...their dead bodies lie in the street for 3 1/2 days and every body celebrates, because the world will blame them for the plagues.  Then they are brought back to life and fear will fall upon them all.  And we know the 3rd woe is coming soon which is the Coming so it won't be long. 

Isn't this going to be amazing what God has in store?

I hope you will consider.

The two witnesses are so wonderful to people for those 1260 days that the woman has to flee into the wilderness for those 1260 days.Cant say I blame her.