IGNORED

If the devil revealed himself in a fearsome display of power and might and declared "I am God!", how would you recognize him for who he is, and not be deceived into believing him?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,659
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

This is precisely what the false messiah / antichrist will be and will do btw.

1. The Holy Spirit dwelling within me will prevent me from falling for a false god (Matthew 24:24).
  2. Jesus came in the name of another (John 5:43) contrasting with the beast who will come in his own name

Further, the scriptures indicate that Judas Iscariot is the only human being Satan actually entered into possess (Luke 22:3 / John 13:26–27) and is the only one specified as the son of perdition (John 17:12 / 2 Thessalonians 2:3–4) and state the in his death he “went to his won place” (Acts 1:25). And the beast will have been in prison in the abyss for thousands of years (Revelation 20) before he is released on Earth for a brief time. ← the Greek word for thousand is actually plural and could be many thousands or only two thousand

Picture it, a man returning from the dead who could prove he lived (DNA or blood content tests) 2000 years ago. Everybody but Spirit-filled Christians would fall for his claims. It would take something like this to convince the whole world… including atheists, Jews who reject Jesus, other world religions…

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,306
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  0

We will only be at risk if the devil attempts to preempt  Jesus's  2nd coming, when every eye will see him.

Any other  supernatural manifestation of God/Jesus is fake.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,033
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

On 6/24/2023 at 9:19 PM, JohnD said:

1. The Holy Spirit dwelling within me will prevent me from falling for a false god (Matthew 24:24).
  2. Jesus came in the name of another (John 5:43) contrasting with the beast who will come in his own name

Further, the scriptures indicate that Judas Iscariot is the only human being Satan actually entered into possess (Luke 22:3 / John 13:26–27) and is the only one specified as the son of perdition (John 17:12 / 2 Thessalonians 2:3–4) and state the in his death he “went to his won place” (Acts 1:25). And the beast will have been in prison in the abyss for thousands of years (Revelation 20) before he is released on Earth for a brief time. ← the Greek word for thousand is actually plural and could be many thousands or only two thousand

Picture it, a man returning from the dead who could prove he lived (DNA or blood content tests) 2000 years ago. Everybody but Spirit-filled Christians would fall for his claims. It would take something like this to convince the whole world… including atheists, Jews who reject Jesus, other world religions…

The eighth king is of the seven and goes to perdition. There's no reason to infer Judas Iscariot is reincarnated to fulfill this prophecy.

Strong delusion is sent by God to those who do not receive the love of the truth that they might be saved.

Not an issue for the faithful followers of Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.54
  • Days Won:  1

You will have to see what it is instead of what you want it to be.

The former leads to finding truth, usually not a comfortable thing but the truth, and the latter to deception which is generally something most people will find desirable.

You don't have to wait for the Devil to do this outright, you can see it taking place in the world around you on a daily basis in just about everything that is happening.

All Macro's are made up of an accumulation of Micro's that lead us up to accepting them without thinking about it.

Just my way of looking at it.

• Topic Count:  777
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,955
  • Content Per Day:  3.05

Jesus is the only Way, Truth and Life. You wont be deceived by global deception.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,506
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

On 6/24/2023 at 2:19 AM, JohnD said:

If the devil revealed himself in a fearsome display of power and might and declared "I am God!", how would you recognize him for who he is, and not be deceived into believing him?

Would he declare that Jesus is the Christ?  John tells us that we will know this deceptive one in that way in 1 John 2:22, "Who is the liar, if it is not the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, who denies the Father and the Son."

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.54

Calling himself God would reveal that he wasn't.

Even Jesus, who was God, didn't do that, he simply said "Who do you say I am?" and let his apostles (and presumably other followers) decide for themselves.

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.59

On 6/24/2023 at 2:19 AM, JohnD said:

And the beast will have been in prison in the abyss for thousands of years (Revelation 20) before he is released on Earth for a brief time. ← the Greek word for thousand is actually plural and could be many thousands or only two thousand

It gets kinda tricky here

20And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Wow, hard to write what's in my head.  

Ah, Thank YOU Lord

23But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

24Then cometh the end, when He shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when He shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25For He must reign, till He hath put all enemies under His feet.

26The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27For He hath put all things under his feet. But when He saith all things are put under Him, it is manifest that He is excepted, which did put all things under Him.

28And when all things shall be subdued unto Him, then shall the Son also Himself be subject unto Him that put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.

At the end of the Lords Day when everything is subdued, the 'the OFFICE' of Lord and Saviour AND Son that Christ has held will no longer be as there as there will be no more 'saving' needing to take place no more 'man'.   God the Father Son and Holy Spirit as ONE. 

When Satan is released from the pit, 'the OFFICE' of the multiheaded powerul kingdom through which he deceived the world with the worship of the image will not be RISING up out of the pit, (having gone into the LOF) so those ways of 'deceiving' and ruling over the world will not be available to him.  

Hope that makes sense.  It's hard to wrap the mind around when we are so used to considering them all to be 'of Satan' so how could they no longer be...Then again, how many people really understand about 'the Saviour'... maybe somethings to pray on...

1And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

5And He that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And He said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

6And He said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

7He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be My son.

8But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

22And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

23And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

1And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

2In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

3And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

4And they shall see His face; and His name shall be in their foreheads.

5And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

Please, if you don't agree, let me know why...

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On 6/24/2023 at 7:19 PM, JohnD said:

The spirit-filled believers will have been taken to their eternal setting in glory before the A/C comes on the scene. (Rev. 3: 21,  1 Thess. 5: 4)

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Content Per Day:  4.37

On 6/24/2023 at 4:19 AM, JohnD said:

Those that do not know God's ways of being and doing right from His written Word... will not know that the anti-christ is not god.

Many that say they are Christians will actually fall for the anti-christ and will believe the false prophet (the catholics pope) who will tell the entire world "this man has been sent by God to show us the way of salvation and for a better world"

The deception will be so thick and strong that it will sounds as though who choose to NOT follow the anti-christ are blaspheming God.

Once we you can know he is false and NOT of God is because he'll say that all religions lead to the same God which we see already thru the ecumenical movement.