IGNORED

If the devil revealed himself in a fearsome display of power and might and declared "I am God!", how would you recognize him for who he is, and not be deceived into believing him?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.82
  • Days Won:  1

As I think on this I come to the realization that there are prophecies about him -the Antichrist-  and we will know him because he fulfills those prophecies.

So we can avoid falling for the deception by knowing what the prophecies say and seeing him fulfill them as he comes to power.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Content Per Day:  4.69
  • Days Won:  0

And many Christians don't know what the prophecies say and will be deceived.

Sadly, there's so much false teaching going on now in churches that many Christians are already deceived.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,167
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

If the devil revealed himself in a fearsome display of power and might and declared "I am God!", how would you recognize him for who he is, and not be deceived into believing him?

happened to me in 1989 and the Holy Spirit spoke to me, and I understood and the Spirit kept me safe.  I expect the same results when the Antichrist comes along.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

Matthew 24:29 says how things will be when Jesus Himself comes. 

People playing "God" now can't do this!

And Jesus is changing our character so we become like Him, with "rest for your souls." (in Matthew 11:29) This is not how false leaders relate with people, but they are about control and pretending that reform of this evil world can save it.

Jesus constantly concentrated on the word of God. But false leaders might give you some Bible quote, at times, at best.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.63

I'd pinch myself to see if it hurts

knowing

52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,224
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

On 6/24/2023 at 3:19 AM, JohnD said:

This is precisely what the false messiah / antichrist will be and will do btw.

1. The Holy Spirit dwelling within me will prevent me from falling for a false god (Matthew 24:24).
  2. Jesus came in the name of another (John 5:43) contrasting with the beast who will come in his own name

Further, the scriptures indicate that Judas Iscariot is the only human being Satan actually entered into possess (Luke 22:3 / John 13:26–27) and is the only one specified as the son of perdition (John 17:12 / 2 Thessalonians 2:3–4) and state the in his death he “went to his won place” (Acts 1:25). And the beast will have been in prison in the abyss for thousands of years (Revelation 20) before he is released on Earth for a brief time. ← the Greek word for thousand is actually plural and could be many thousands or only two thousand

Picture it, a man returning from the dead who could prove he lived (DNA or blood content tests) 2000 years ago. Everybody but Spirit-filled Christians would fall for his claims. It would take something like this to convince the whole world… including atheists, Jews who reject Jesus, other world religions…

Bless you my brother but to say Judas was the only one. Well silly. We were not given power over the enemy's but the enemy. In Matt 12 they were talking about demons and Christ. Yet look what Christ said "And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself". We do the same thing today. We can ask the name of the demon but many do not have that kind of faith but they can say "In Jesus name come out of him Satan" and it will always leave. Were told to resist the devil and he will flee. There are billons of believers in Christ but only devil who can only be in once place at a time. Christ look at Peter no one else said get behind me Satan.  

Judas "place" in the ministry was given to another and Judas went to the "place" he belongs. Now I know were your going but its speculation at best. No one will be proving they were alive 2000y ago. There is nothing in the word of that even comes close to saying hinting at what your trying to say. I man of God prophet once got lost a bit at the end with "the serpents seed". Still a great man of God but.. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  907
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,650
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

14 hours ago, TheBlade said:

Bless you my brother but to say Judas was the only one. Well silly. We were not given power over the enemy's but the enemy. In Matt 12 they were talking about demons and Christ. Yet look what Christ said "And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself". We do the same thing today. We can ask the name of the demon but many do not have that kind of faith but they can say "In Jesus name come out of him Satan" and it will always leave. Were told to resist the devil and he will flee. There are billons of believers in Christ but only devil who can only be in once place at a time. Christ look at Peter no one else said get behind me Satan.  

Judas "place" in the ministry was given to another and Judas went to the "place" he belongs. Now I know were your going but its speculation at best. No one will be proving they were alive 2000y ago. There is nothing in the word of that even comes close to saying hinting at what your trying to say. I man of God prophet once got lost a bit at the end with "the serpents seed". Still a great man of God but.. 

That is only if you discount all the passages of scripture I quoted...