• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.36
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.12
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

Romans 11:1-5 I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel, saying, Lord, they have killed Your prophets and torn down Your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life”? But what does the divine response say to him? I have reserved for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal. Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

Is the Lord doing something different "at this present time" that

this understanding that Paul is presenting does not apply to His Church?

Why does the Lord state, "many are called, but few are chosen"?

To be clear the elect are not merely "the called", but they are chosen unto the election.

Romans 1:6 Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ.

2 Peter 1:10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure,

for if you do these things you will never stumble.

Jesus chose apostles from among His followers. These apostles were discipled to shepherd the flock,

and it is these chosen that the Lord gave detailed instructions the evening of the last supper.

John 15:16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.

Since the latest hot topic has been conditional vs. unconditional salvation,

and a process of sanctification, is this position applied to the called, or the election?

Mark 13:20 And unless the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh would be saved;

but for the elect’s sake, whom He chose, He shortened the days.

The Election must be faithful and wise stewards

1 Corinthians 4:

Let a man so consider us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God.  

Moreover it is required in stewards that one be found faithful. 

Stewardship over every resource the Lord so provides is important for being"found faithful".

Luke 16:

10 He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much;

and he who is unjust in what is least is unjust also in much. 

11 Therefore if you have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon,

who will commit to your trust the true riches? 

12 And if you have not been faithful in what is another man’s,

who will give you what is your own?

13 No servant can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other,

or else he will be loyal to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.

"it is required in stewards that one be found faithful".

Revelation 17:14 These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, 

for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and

those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful.

Edited by Mr. M

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,192
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Mr. M said:

Romans 11:1-5 I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel, saying, Lord, they have killed Your prophets and torn down Your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life”? But what does the divine response say to him? I have reserved for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal. Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

To be clear the elect are not merely "the called", but they are chosen unto the election.

2 Peter 1:10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure,

Jesus chose apostles from among His followers. These elect were with Him up to His passion in the garden. These apostles were discipled to shepherd the flock, and it is these chosen that the Lord gave detailed instructions the evening of the last supper.

John 15:16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.

and a process of sanctification, is this position applied to the called, or the election?

Mark 13:20 And unless the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh would be saved;

1 Corinthians 4:

Let a man so consider us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God.  

Stewardship over every resource the Lord so provides is important for being"found faithful".

Luke 16:

13 No servant can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other,

or else he will be loyal to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.

Revelation 17:14 These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, 

Hello, if I might put forth my thoughts for consideration;

I hold true that regarding the election of grace consists totally in the new birth or lack of…. Those at the time of departure that are not in possession of the new birth and only in possession of the fallen birth they are predestined for destruction, because it is fallen nature that is predestined to destruction as the new birth is predestined to glory….

My thoughts may you be blessed in yours, Not me 

Edited by Not me

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,469
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Mr. M said:

Jesus chose apostles from among His followers. These elect were with Him up to His passion in the garden. These apostles were discipled to shepherd the flock, and it is these chosen that the Lord gave detailed instructions the evening of the last supper.

1 Corinthians 4:

Luke 16:

This is currently being civilly discussed in Vine Abiders thread, List of Passages… in the General Forum. Some of your comments are addressed over there. Perhaps you will join us in that forum?

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.36
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.12
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

Romans 11:

7 What then? Israel has not obtained what it seeks;

but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were blinded

8 Just as it is written:

“God has given them a spirit of stupor,
Eyes that they should not see
And ears that they should not hear,
To this very day.”

Knowing Your Election By God

1 Thessalonians 1:

2 We give thanks to God always for you all,

making mention of you in our prayers, 

3 remembering without ceasing your work of faith, 

labor of love, and patience of hope in our Lord

Jesus Christ in the sight of our God and Father, 

4 knowing, beloved brethren, your election by God. 

Revelation 2:19 I know thy works, and charity, and service,

and faith, and thy patience, and thy works;

and the last to be more than the first.