IGNORED

Eating Unclean Food Is an Abomination to the Lord!

Bro.Tan

Guest AFlameOfFire
1 hour ago, Bro.Tan said:

Well longsuffering could just be a period of suffering, a long time enduring a thing, or situation, etc. But Paul writing can be hard to understand for some people really don't understand what means when he say certain things. Like Paul says in 1 Corinthians 10:20  But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils

9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage? 10 Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years. 11 I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain. 

So Paul saying you can observe things that not written in the Bible to do, days, and months, and times, and years. Christmas, halloween, Easter pagan, Sunday, etc. but have a problem with the things that is written in the Bible to do. You have really read the book. 

You do realize you are hard to discuss things with, you change course so fast, from meats, then into sabbaths and now offerings unto devils. Well, I am too long winded myself and the effort it takes me in some replies deprives me of having a real  life:laugh: 

I'll tell you though Bro Tan , I am very curious about all the ordinances. The law of commandments contained in the ordinances that were abolished in his flesh, and the handwriting of the ordinances and/or all of the carnal ordinances which were imposed and are no more to be imposed in everything, I think that would be an interesting thing to look at, and prove out also. I think it would be helpful anyway, I have been looking at them and setting them aside to hopefully order up in some better understandable way as to why they (more specifically) are mentioned the way they are, things like that. Hopefully then we can have a better discussion and from a place of being better informed, they are always good for everyone.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,115
  • Content Per Day:  9.69
  • Days Won:  149

I haven't delved into this thread deeply as I knew that "unclean" is no longer unclean for me. I can eat all the hamhocks, pork chops and shrimp I can handle. 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.70
  • Days Won:  1

42 minutes ago, Starise said:

I haven't delved into this thread deeply as I knew that "unclean" is no longer unclean for me. I can eat all the hamhocks, pork chops and shrimp I can handle. 

And it'll probably help get you to heaven sooner.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, FJK said:

Well, for the record I'm mostly a fish and poultry guy with some beef in there.

Every day is is both a gift and one day closer to glory.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,245
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

29 minutes ago, FJK said:

I'm 76 and must confess, I've loved bacon since I was two.   Maybe I could live to 150 without bacon...   would I want to put my trip to heaven off for  another 75 years....   I don't think so.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,341
  • Content Per Day:  2.76
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/12/2023 at 5:17 PM, AdHoc said:

God did not dwell with any other Nation and God made no Covenant of Law with any other Nation.

Paul describes the Jews and Gentiles as separated but then he says:
But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near in the blood of Christ. For he is our peace, who has made us both one, and has broken down the dividing wall of hostility, by abolishing in his flesh the law of commandments and ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, (Eph 2:13-15)

Matt 28:19-20

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Am I reading these wrong? Seems under the NEW Covenant we are brought together as one with all being new.

• Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,413
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

24 minutes ago, Starise said:

Every day is is both a gift and one day closer to glory.

Wholeheartedly agreed. I was raised on all kinds of land meats but I've moved closer toward vegetarianism for a variety of reasons. Being in poor health at the moment is a strong reminder of that.

Not getting involved in the debate here though. Receive what you eat with thanks to God and it's all good. This is the exact sort of "disputable matter" we're not supposed to get up in arms over and judge each other over.

8 minutes ago, AnOrangeCat said:

Wholeheartedly agreed. I was raised on all kinds of land meats but I've moved closer toward vegetarianism for a variety of reasons. Being in poor health at the moment is a strong reminder of that.

Not getting involved in the debate here though. Receive what you eat with thanks to God and it's all good. This is the exact sort of "disputable matter" we're not supposed to get up in arms over and judge each other over.

Right on sister.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,052
  • Content Per Day:  3.30

55 minutes ago, NConly said:

Paul describes the Jews and Gentiles as separated but then he says:
But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near in the blood of Christ. For he is our peace, who has made us both one, and has broken down the dividing wall of hostility, by abolishing in his flesh the law of commandments and ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, (Eph 2:13-15)

The translation you are using is probably a dynamic translation. But the literal translation also causes difficulty. Verse 16 says in effect that our Lord creates a New Man FROM the two (Israel and a the Gentiles). It is not true that God creates the New Man "in place" of the TWO. Most of Israel reject Christ and most of the Gentiles reject Christ. So you have THREE distinct peoples on earth - 1. Israel, 2. the Gentiles, FROM WHICH a THIRD - the New Man is made. So 1st Corinthians 10:32 says;

. 32 Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God:

Now, this New Man has TWO UNITIES. Ephesians 4:1-15 says that we must keep the unity of the Spirit in order tha the gifted ones can operate and bring us to the "unity of the Faith" and the full measure of Christ's maturity. But the Law of Moses forbids relations with Gentiles. It demands a "partition", or, as your translation said, a "wall of hostility". To over come this problem, Chris fulfills the Law in its entirety and God takes this righteousness and imputes it to the believer. This establishes a righteousness that is fit to allow God to dwell IN man. And God, having established this righteousness, then nails the Law on the cross with Jesus.

This is very clever. It means that if you are a believer, the Law is dead to you in its entirety. But if you are a Jew and refuse Jesus, the Law remains in full effect. The believing Jew is no longer bound by Law and may freely have fellowship with the believing Gentile, so establishing the Body of Christ supplying itself with what the Lord has supplied to each man. Without this unity in the Church, each member cold not supply what Christ has given each of us and the Body would wither and die.

So, Israel is a people with a certain destiny, and the New Man (which has no past - 2nd Cor.5:17) is another people with no ethnicity (since all things are made new). Israel still has the Law and must abide by it, and the Church has no Law and must avoid it (see Galatians)

1 hour ago, NConly said:

Matt 28:19-20

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Am I reading these wrong? Seems under the NEW Covenant we are brought together as one with all being new.

The "ye" of verse 19 and the "you" of verse 20 are neither Jew nor Gentile. They are a New Creature. (see Galatians 3:28 and Colossian 3:11).

The New Covenant is made exclusively with Israel (jer.31:31-33). It is made with the same people whose "fathers" (plural) came out of Egypt. It is made with the Two Houses of Israel in "that day" when they are one Nation again (Act.15:14-16).

Just to repeat, Israel do not preach the gospel. Israel do not have relations with the Gentiles. Israel, of all nations, receievd the Law, the Torah and the Temple. They are a singular and unque people and stay so - even in New Jerusalem. The Church is the Ciy WALL. Israel are the GATES.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,341
  • Content Per Day:  2.76

6 hours ago, AdHoc said:

The translation you are using is probably a dynamic translation. But the literal translation also causes difficulty. Verse 16 says in effect that our Lord creates a New Man FROM the two (Israel and a the Gentiles). It is not true that God creates the New Man "in place" of the TWO. Most of Israel reject Christ and most of the Gentiles reject Christ. So you have THREE distinct peoples on earth - 1. Israel, 2. the Gentiles, FROM WHICH a THIRD - the New Man is made. So 1st Corinthians 10:32 says;

. 32 Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God:

Now, this New Man has TWO UNITIES. Ephesians 4:1-15 says that we must keep the unity of the Spirit in order tha the gifted ones can operate and bring us to the "unity of the Faith" and the full measure of Christ's maturity. But the Law of Moses forbids relations with Gentiles. It demands a "partition", or, as your translation said, a "wall of hostility". To over come this problem, Chris fulfills the Law in its entirety and God takes this righteousness and imputes it to the believer. This establishes a righteousness that is fit to allow God to dwell IN man. And God, having established this righteousness, then nails the Law on the cross with Jesus.

This is very clever. It means that if you are a believer, the Law is dead to you in its entirety. But if you are a Jew and refuse Jesus, the Law remains in full effect. The believing Jew is no longer bound by Law and may freely have fellowship with the believing Gentile, so establishing the Body of Christ supplying itself with what the Lord has supplied to each man. Without this unity in the Church, each member cold not supply what Christ has given each of us and the Body would wither and die.

So, Israel is a people with a certain destiny, and the New Man (which has no past - 2nd Cor.5:17) is another people with no ethnicity (since all things are made new). Israel still has the Law and must abide by it, and the Church has no Law and must avoid it (see Galatians)

The "ye" of verse 19 and the "you" of verse 20 are neither Jew nor Gentile. They are a New Creature. (see Galatians 3:28 and Colossian 3:11).

The New Covenant is made exclusively with Israel (jer.31:31-33). It is made with the same people whose "fathers" (plural) came out of Egypt. It is made with the Two Houses of Israel in "that day" when they are one Nation again (Act.15:14-16).

Just to repeat, Israel do not preach the gospel. Israel do not have relations with the Gentiles. Israel, of all nations, receievd the Law, the Torah and the Temple. They are a singular and unque people and stay so - even in New Jerusalem. The Church is the Ciy WALL. Israel are the GATES.

Those of Israel who do not accept Jesus as the Messiah and Savior of the world are required to keep the old law 603 + Ten. Those of Israel who accept Jesus as the Messiah Savior of the world are no longer under the old law and have to accept the New Covenant as the New Law. Gentiles that do not believe in Jesus are still without any chance of being saved as long as they are in disbelief. The Gentiles that believe in Jesus as the Messiah and Savior of the world are become one with the Jews who also believe in Jesus as Savior of the world under the same new Covenant and new Law where there is no Jew or Gentile but one New man . I think we still see thing a little different. Thanks

Edited by NConly
correction
  • Thumbs Up 1