• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  268
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/27/1990

Hello fellow believers! As the title states this is about Noah's Ark. If I am ever confronted with a question about how it is possible 2 of every animal (as we know there is a staggering variety on Earth) fit on the ark, I want a good answer to give them. I think the key has to be them being determined by the term "kinds"?

Edited by Mozart's Starling
edit

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,127
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Send them here and  they can see in person

https://arkencounter.com/

• Thumbs Up 2

I just ask because it is critical. Jesus references the ark, Jesus is perfect and cannot lie. So it can't be metaphorical it has to be an actual event. I just want a breakdown of the logic if possible. Obviously miracles are a thing I was just wondering if there was a more detailed explanation. But really I suppose it is silly because God is omnipotent and supernatural. He could obviously make it work I suppose. I just imagine most atheists/agnostics are gonna scoff at that.

Edited by Mozart's Starling

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Mozart's Starling said:

I just ask because it is critical. Jesus references the ark, Jesus is perfect and cannot lie. So it can't be metaphorical it has to be an actual event. I just want a breakdown of the logic if possible. Obviously miracles are a thing I was just wondering if there was a more detailed explanation. But really I suppose it is silly because God is omnipotent and supernatural. He could obviously make it work I suppose. I just imagine most atheists/agnostics are gonna scoff at that.

Answers in Genesis have suggested progenitor kinds roughly equivalent to the Family level. They may have the breakdown somewhere on their site. I know it's at the Ark Encounter as a display.

If whomever you are taking with has familiarity with biology and genetics they will likely quickly torpedo that view.

You'd be better off by acknowledging that you don't know and attribute it to divine providence although the Bible makes no claim of that either.

• Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, teddyv said:

Answers in Genesis have suggested progenitor kinds roughly equivalent to the Family level. They may have the breakdown somewhere on their site. I know it's at the Ark Encounter as a display.

If whomever you are taking with has familiarity with biology and genetics they will likely quickly torpedo that view.

You'd be better off by acknowledging that you don't know and attribute it to divine providence although the Bible makes no claim of that either.

Gotcha. I appreciate the your time. :)

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  6,159
  • Content Per Day:  2.04
  • Days Won:  8

Think kinds, as in animal kinds.  God mentioned animals coming from their own kind.  Don't get bogged down with 'species.'  Incidentally, that is all we ever see is animals coming from their own kinds.  Cows from cows, horses from horses and so on.`

But if someone is bogged down in species, tell them there are 1,400 species of bats but you need only 2 bats on  Noah's Ark to get all 1400 'species' we see today.  Just two dogs.  Just two cows.  Just two cats, and so on.  With dinosaurs (called dragons in the Bible) and other large animals, you don't need fully grown animals.  Even unicorns were real animals mentioned in the Bible, described as a very strong animals, likely akin to a wild ox.

Psalm 92:10 (KJV) But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil.

Look around the Ark Encounter at the tiny buildings and cars in this photo.  You could stuff a few elephants into that boat, no problem. 

arkencounter2017.jpg.020a706f66f7a19a0dbbe3cffef615e0.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,873
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

3 hours ago, Mozart's Starling said:

Gotcha. I appreciate the your time. :)

This page, while not claiming to know for certain, breaks down why this is not an impossibility. https://arkencounter.com/animals/how-many/

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

10 hours ago, Mozart's Starling said:

If I am ever confronted with a question about how it is possible 2 of every animal (as we know there is a staggering variety on Earth) fit on the ark

If asked that sort of question respond with, ' As you are asking g about Noahs Ark, I take it you believe  there is a God? Then move on to talk about Jesus.

If they confirm they are an atheist,  ask them why? And what evidence do they have for not believing in God?

Take a look at the arguments for God at the bottom of this article:-https://winteryknight.com/2023/11/09/atheist-gets-her-phd-in-astronomy-and-astrophysics-and-finds-evidence-for-god-8/

Your tactics are. They ca  believe  anything, so long as they have a rational  reason for that believe.

As answersingenesis shows there is a rational argument  for a global flood and for an Ark etc so move the conversation on to why they don't  believe.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  6,159
  • Content Per Day:  2.04
  • Days Won:  8

15 hours ago, teddyv said:

You know there are people that have a familiarity with biology and genetics who wisely believe God did what He said He did.  The others cannot torpedo 'that view' without assumptions, such as assuming the world before the flood looked like it does today, and with the same mountain ranges of today.  They assume 40 days of rain covered the world in water as a straw man, skipping the part about the Earth cracking open and the majority of the waters coming from the deep, as the Bible said it did.  Those waters are still here today, called oceans, and God pushed the land and mountain ranges and depths into place after the flood, according to the Bible.  Earth started as water, according to the Bible.   Not as land, according to scientists who were not there.  There was plenty of water already here, at the time, that burst out from the deep. 

Now with that Biblical framework established, go ahead and torpedo 'that view.' 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

19 hours ago, Mozart's Starling said:

Hello fellow believers! As the title states this is about Noah's Ark. If I am ever confronted with a question about how it is possible 2 of every animal (as we know there is a staggering variety on Earth) fit on the ark, I want a good answer to give them. I think the key has to be them being determined by the term "kinds"?

If memory serves, ICR.org covers this quite thoroughly.

1. the area of the ark is something on the order of 65 rail road cars

2. 2 of every kind did not include all variations of a kind (like the many breeds of dogs, when two wolves sufficed)

3. No animals bore young in that year aboard the ark so they were most likely hibernating most of the time

4. Dr. Dino.com (if it still exists) claimed that even dinosaurs were aboard the ark in their infancy (average size = to a sheep)

Archaeological evidence exists on every mountain top that it was under water at one point in time.

The Grand Canyon event was a year long damming up of the run off from the great flood when the dam suddenly burst and the

canyon drained within a matter of hours. The same event happened on a smaller scale at the foot of Mount St. Helens after the

eruption there at Spirit lake (if memory serves that's the name of the lake).

Mt St Helens explains the Grand Canyon

• Thumbs Up 3