IGNORED

What is man - are we being brought into God?

Vine Abider

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  202
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,470
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

I woke up at 1:30 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep for a few hours.  The thought that had come to was this - are we being brought into God?  So I got up and sought the Lord, and some verses and ideas came to me that I will share.

"What is man that you are so mindful of him?"  Psalm 8:4 & Job 7:17

We are partakers of the divine nature.  2 Peter 1:4

"He that is joined to the Lord is one Spirit with Him."  1 Cor 6:17

We're placed in Christ and He is in us.  (numerous verses)

Jesus was/is the "son of Man."  (numerous verses)

The Lamb is on the throne. (numerous verses)

We are made to sit with Him on His throne.  Rev 3:21

"On that which resembled a throne, high up, was a figure with the appearance of a man."  Ezekiel 1:26

We are being made a "habitation of God in Spirit."   Eph 2:22

Paul prayed that "the eyes of your heart may be enlightened that you may know what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints."  Eph 1:18

So, after considering these verses, here's the question:  Are we being brought into God?  And if so, what does that really mean?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

To God ? Or into ? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

20 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

I woke up at 1:30 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep for a few hours.  The thought that had come to was this - are we being brought into God?  So I got up and sought the Lord, and some verses and ideas came to me that I will share.

We are partakers of the divine nature.  2 Peter 1:4

"He that is joined to the Lord is one Spirit with Him."  1 Cor 6:17

We're placed in Christ and He is in us.  (numerous verses)

Jesus was/is the "son of Man."  (numerous verses)

The Lamb is on the throne. (numerous verses)

We are made to sit with Him on His throne.  Rev 3:21

"On that which resembled a throne, high up, was a figure with the appearance of a man."  Ezekiel 1:26

We are being made a "habitation of God in Spirit."   Eph 2:22

Paul prayed that "the eyes of your heart may be enlightened that you may know what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints."  Eph 1:18

So, after considering these verses, here's the question:  Are we being brought into God?  And if so, what does that really mean?

`When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now, we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.` (1 Cor. 13: 11 & 12)

`But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.` (2 Cor. 3: 18)

What great scriptures you wrote VA, and what an amazingly wonderful inheritance we will have - to be like the Lord, His character and His glorified body. Not made for the trifling things of time but made for eternity.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,235
  • Content Per Day:  7.08
  • Days Won:  99

2 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

What does this really mean right now?

These things I have spoken to you while remaining with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and remind you of all that I said to you. Peace I leave you, My peace I give you; not as the world gives, do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, nor fearful." (John 14:25-27 NASB)

The Spirit of God teaches us all things, my friend. He is with us always (Matthew 28:20). 

What does this mean to come? The Lord has revealed this to us. 

The one who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who overcomes, I will grant to eat from the tree of life, which is in the Paradise of God. (Revelation 2:7 NASB)

The one who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. The one who overcomes will not be hurt by the second death. (Revelation 2:11 NASB)

The one who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and a new name written on the stone which no one knows except the one who receives it. (Revelation 2:17 NASB)

The one who overcomes, and the one who keeps My deeds until the end, I will give him authority over the nations; and he shall rule them with a rod of iron, as the vessels of the potter are shattered, as I also have received authority from My Father; and I will give him the morning star. The one who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. (Revelation 2:26-29 NASB)

The one who overcomes will be clothed the same way, in white garments; and I will not erase his name from the book of life, and I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels. The one who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. (Revelation 3:5-6 NASB)

The one who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will not go out from it anymore; and I will write on him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My new name. The one who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. (Revelation 3:12-13 NASB)

The one who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat with My Father on His throne. The one who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. (Revelation 3:21-22 NASB)

It means we shall sit with Christ upon His throne. :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.72
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

Do we really exist anywhere outside of God?   Are we, and all creation,something separate from him or an extension of him?

Consider the deepest meanings of the first two words of the Lord's Prayer.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.33
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  6.98
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

In Him we live and move and have our being Acts 17:28

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,413
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

A little off topic but this is really a stand out verse to me. Going to Genesis 6:6 before the flood it says people were so wicked that God regretted making them and even grieved over it. That feels so meaningful. Despite our many mistakes as individuals and a collective and reaching the point of inspiring regret and grief over our very creation God is still not only mindful of us but wants to reconcile.

16 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

I see it as indicating reconciliation and a closer relationship, personally. Part of James 4:8 feels in line with this: "Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you."

This wording indicates to me that it's a joint effort. Obviously this doesn't mean God is coming closer to us in becoming more like us, but rather that when we make a sincere effort He helps us along the way.

• Interesting! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.33
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  6.98
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

41 minutes ago, AnOrangeCat said:

A little off topic but this is really a stand out verse to me. Going to Genesis 6:6 before the flood it says people were so wicked that God regretted making them and even grieved over it. That feels so meaningful. Despite our many mistakes as individuals and a collective and reaching the point of inspiring regret and grief over our very creation God is still not only mindful of us but wants to reconcile.

I see it as indicating reconciliation and a closer relationship, personally. Part of James 4:8 feels in line with this: "Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you."

This wording indicates to me that it's a joint effort. Obviously this doesn't mean God is coming closer to us in becoming more like us, but rather that when we make a sincere effort He helps us along the way.

Knowing that His plan included sending His Son to partake of our humanity,

we can humbly submit to a God that is truly mindful of us!

Hebrews 2:

6 But one testified in a certain place, saying:

“What is man that You are mindful of him,
Or the son of man that You take care of him?
7 You have made him a little lower than the angels;
You have crowned him with glory and honor,
And set him over the works of Your hands.
8 You have put all things in subjection under his feet.”

For in that He put all in subjection under him,

He left nothing that is not put under him.

But now we do not yet see all things put under him. 

9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels,

for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He,

by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,222
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Satan and a third of the angels (heavenly beings) turning against God.   We are made to be their judges and ultimately replace them. God isn't looking for people that are perfect, he's looking for people who are loyal that he can trust.   Our suffering here is earning that trust. I think Job is a good example of that.

And that's my view of the subject.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  202
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,470
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

4 hours ago, AnOrangeCat said:

And maybe the question should be - how close are we getting to God?  The word says we are the habitation of God and Jesus prayed in John 17: I pray that they will all be one, just as You and I are one—as You are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in Us so that the world will believe you sent Me. I have given them the glory You gave me, so they may be one as We are one. 

I mean, what is this oneness Jesus is referring to!?  There's something pretty deep here . . .