Why it’s so hard to live on this earth and be Christian

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,126
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

Living here on this earth as a believer involves a spiritual battle we fight minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day, yet "We" are never required to fight it alone. No successful battle was ever won by one soldier unless we are talking about Jesus. In the spiritual world Jesus was the super nuke that took out all of Satans future plans.

He knows his time is short which means the battles may intensify. No matter how much they intensify, they can never penetrate our armor. Sin opens a hole in the armor and if it continues sin might take the entire sheild away. This is why it is so very important for the Christian to keep themselves clean in all ways and in all areas.

Satan is looking for any small crack to crawl into and he will capitalize on it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,713
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

20 hours ago, Starise said:

Satan is looking for any small crack to crawl into and he will capitalize on it.

Sardis!

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,396
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On 1/8/2024 at 10:48 AM, Alexis8763 said:

Hear me out.. 

This world is made for those who indulge in the flesh. We can’t really care about food that much, we even should fast, or we have the sin of gluttony. We aren’t supposed to care about money or how much we make and we should give some to God. The secular people drink to excess, travel, party, go to fancy places/take vacations..We are not to care about in general what a lot of the world cares about.

These people care about everything but the things of God. For a Christian, life can be very boring. Sure you can raise kids (if you want), or you can be in ministry, but since I started not caring about what the world cares about, I’m wondering besides my purpose of spreading the good news, is anyone else feeling miserable just seeing that we aren’t meant to even be here? We are meant for a heavenly kingdom. I know that. Yet basically everything on earth is meant for secular people. I would rather be in Heaven worshipping my Maker than being here on earth constantly fighting a battle because I’m resisting the Devil. I know Paul also desired this. 

The world we are in is ruled by: 
Ephesians 2:2 (KJV)
[2] Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience
:

We gave satan this position when we sinned:
Romans 6:16 (KJV)
[16] Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness
?

God has so perfectly redeemed us (spiritually) but not the world nor the body... some ask why? Two main reasons:
A loving Father wishes to train up His children in perfect understanding 
Romans 6:16 (KJV)
[16] Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness
?

We have the distinct choice to live in flesh or s/Spirit. In flesh we have an attachment to this world by our senses and the influence of prince of this air... All this leads to sorrows heaped upon sorrows. Leaving you with your expressed post... 

In s/Spirit we are made able to reckon this deadness and live for that which God is keeping- His Word and souls of people... if looking out on another person, no matter how vile they are, and do not see Jesus loving them on the cross. You have missed the purpose of our being here:
Philippians 1:23 (KJV)
[23] For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:
[24] Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.
[25] And having this confidence, I know that I shall abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and joy of faith
;

Grow in God's Word in understanding and action so that others may see and hear the truth from you... our distinct purpose... we have the awesome pleasure of being living oracles:
1 Peter 4:11 (KJV)

[11] If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

6 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Sardis!

That would be a lake in SE Oklahoma.  It has a cemetery on an island in the middle of the lake.  Very odd.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Reading through this thread this morning, I just realized that I'm really not having a problem living in this world, and I am a Christian. I guess I'm blessed beyond what I deserve.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,713
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

37 minutes ago, other one said:

That would be a lake in SE Oklahoma.  It has a cemetery on an island in the middle of the lake.  Very odd.

Hi,

That lake is evidently a reservoir made by US army corp in 1980. The cemetery was a high spot that bodies buried in the region were moved to by them. Many dating back to the 1800's.

Very odd indeed, but we are playing the same game today at St. Petersburg Fl. Finding old abandoned graves and moving remains then planning to build a new baseball stadium where the bodies once were. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.59
  • Days Won:  1

54 minutes ago, other one said:

Reading through this thread this morning, I just realized that I'm really not having a problem living in this world, and I am a Christian. I guess I'm blessed beyond what I deserve.

That's one of the situations portrayed in the movie The Encounter, God has different roles for each of us, some seemingly easy and some seemingly difficult, but all are God's plans for us and carry different blessings for each of us as we try to follow them ,but all of them do carry blessings given to us if we are faithful.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

Hear me out.. 

This world is made for those who indulge in the flesh. We can’t really care about food that much, we even should fast, or we have the sin of gluttony. We aren’t supposed to care about money or how much we make and we should give some to God. The secular people drink to excess, travel, party, go to fancy places/take vacations..We are not to care about in general what a lot of the world cares about.

These people care about everything but the things of God. For a Christian, life can be very boring. Sure you can raise kids (if you want), or you can be in ministry, but since I started not caring about what the world cares about, I’m wondering besides my purpose of spreading the good news, is anyone else feeling miserable just seeing that we aren’t meant to even be here? We are meant for a heavenly kingdom. I know that. Yet basically everything on earth is meant for secular people. I would rather be in Heaven worshipping my Maker than being here on earth constantly fighting a battle because I’m resisting the Devil. I know Paul also desired this. 

Woah a minute now.
Of all the people on the earth it seems to me, Christians should be the most joyful of the lot, considering. We know the truth that has set us free. We know our eternal future. We run the race. We are in the race, (right?) lest we forget.

Trouble is, all those "feel good" hormones that were triggered in those good old worldly living days are not being deployed into our brain so much. Like when I quit smoking, no more nicotine trigger, and depression onslaught. For only a moment.

But eventually other triggers developed, through the trans formed mind, cleansed by the word. Now I get excited about the other "true-honest-just-lovely-pure-praise worthy-noble stuff that opens up the feel good valves in my mind.

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect"

More light, less darkness.

Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might!

Our purpose on earth is to love our God and pass that love to others so they can come to know him if they don't already.  Pass it on.

My wife is a Godly woman. She really enjoys cooking, for me and the family and others. I am a carpenter and with this talent I can bless others simply, creating something useful, or just fun,  and I enjoy it.
God blesses us, and we pass the blessing to other. Then God replaces this with more. Being a good steward of his blessings is a full time job. He is faithful.

And when I say blessings, I'm not talking about 'worldly' stuff but true blessings, eternal blessings. Ask God to keep you excited about your role (part) in his plan.

We and our family/grand kids  get together and go to the coast every year for a week or so to fish/fellowship, church/friends together, hobby's and work together. Involved. Blessed. It's said, only boring people get bored. So we get involved with life, and others.

At 76 yrs I just retired from my business. My wife, 74 yrs,  is still working at her own business six days a week, has weekly bible study at home, teaches children's class every week at church, takes each grand kid (12) to eat lunch twice a year, breakfast with friends regularly,  works out at gym twice a week, feeds hundreds of birds twice every day with bird a bazillion feeders, keeps house and baby sits, and so so much more. She/we has no time to be bored.

Bless others with your blessings no matter how tiny. God will fill the purse, and it might even be money that also can be passed on. Joyfully. Sow some seed. It really is fun. Unless you listen to those lies whispered in your mind that you can't.

Ask God your part.

There is so much that we can be involved in once we realize how greatly we are blessed as the children of God, and see how great the need to share when we see the lost and dying world living in their worldly actions. That we also were once before God showed us the truth. I learned to be extremely grateful to my creator.

Think on the flip side of:  It is better to give, than receive.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.59

10 minutes ago, Sower said:

Of all the people on the earth it seems to me, Christians should be the most joyful of the lot, considering.

Joyful yes, but joyful doesn't necessarily mean easy.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

I’m wondering besides my purpose of spreading the good news, is anyone else feeling miserable just seeing that we aren’t meant to even be here? We are meant for a heavenly kingdom. I know that.

I also have those times of introspection, like, what's this life here all about. If I don't stay busy, usually working hard/playing hard, I can get those funky feelings.

I'll wallow in it briefly till memory reminds me this too will pass so I get up and do something.  I am a simple carpenter. I believe work is the best narcotic...God created us that way. And most of my life I worked best under pressure, busy.

I also was fearful of being a husband, raising children, supporting a family. Found out that everybody else was too and it sure wasn't boring, but, though it was hard, there was so much to enjoy, exciting, also to make very worth while.   Risk.
I have to continually think on this life is just temporary. Store up for the eternal future while there is still time, lest I stand at the throne empty handed.

To whom much is given much is required. I have received much, beyond what I deserve. And much is required with what I have learned and know. Responsibilities.
And Not boring.. His ways and timing are so mysterious but so perfect.

When I am at work on any project, I feel purpose. Relevant. This is good.

"If your going through hell, keep going"     Winston Churchill

9 hours ago, FJK said:

Joyful yes, but joyful doesn't necessarily mean easy.

default_thumbsup.gif.7dce7cb78c88c9e533cd634116598ba1.gif  Agreed.........

I was a military soldier myself so as a soldier in the army of God I did not expect easy. But even soldiers can have peace knowing what/who they are fighting for and the final goal at the end of the race we are running. It will be worth it all, some day.

"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds".....

( Still working on this one, FJK :)

• Thumbs Up 2