angels4u

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Interesting,how often do we look at circumstances and then to the Lord?

I pray we go directly to the Lord,thank You Lord for always taking care of us in every storm!

Don't let the storm overtake us,we have a strong heavenly Father who calms the wind ,what are we looking for in this world?

• angels4u changed the title to What would you do?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.94
  • Days Won:  1

Sounds a bit odd, maybe a bit egotistical as well, but I always assume that whatever circumstances I find myself in God has a specific will for me in it, a specific role he wants me to play to bring about some end he desires.

Now I don't expect that is some magnificent or glamorous role (think about "for the want of a nail) but just some tiny action he will use to bring about a greater result than I can imagine, maybe a result that I will never even suspect I was a part of or maybe one far removed in time to a future I cannot imagine even in my wildest imaginations.

So when I find myself in any circumstance I have to deal with in one way or another I just quickly pray "God what do you want me to do, how do you want me to handle this?" then go about my day knowing that God answers prayers of this kind and I will know what to do and when to do it without having to worry about it.  My life goes much easier when I do this, and I actually believe what I have said here, God has an individual role for you to play in everything you do and if you sek his will you will find it even if you don't realize you have.

The way I think, nothing else.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Amen I agree. It's easy to say when there's no storm. All of this takes faith. Something that gets made fun of more than shared, studied... 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,467
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

Well said, sister. The Bible has many examples of circumstances and their application to each of us. In Matthew, Jesus addresses fears and circumstances we may face.

(1)  Clothing to wear: Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? (Matthew 6:30)

(2)  Fear of injury/death: And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm. (Matthew 8:26)

(3)  Enough food to eat: Which when Jesus perceived, he said unto them, O ye of little faith, why reason ye among yourselves, because ye have brought no bread? (Matthew 16:8)

The circumstances we face and our faith go together. Admittedly, my faith is a work in progress.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

What would you do?

Are You Going Overboard?

I honestly do not know, only what I would hope to have done, as unto the Lord.

20 hours ago, FJK said:

Now I don't expect that is some magnificent or glamorous role (think about "for the want of a nail) but just some tiny action he will use to bring about a greater result than I can imagine, maybe a result that I will never even suspect I was a part of or maybe one far removed in time to a future I cannot imagine even in my wildest imaginations.

Nice one FJK, you hit the nail on the head, I believe. :)  We can see the importance of being our 'part' in His plan.
And what about the hammer? The shoe or the horse etc. We are all a part of the whole.
If one part, within the local body is missing, that body will suffer. Forsake not.

I do understand about stepping through that "threshold of fear" sometimes expected of us.
And if I knew it was God calling my name, I would believe hope I would respond in faith.
And I realize before I'm able to 'leap' at His call, I'll have to learn to crawl more faithfully.

• Thumbs Up 1