• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.63
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Slibhin said:

As I stated above, Jewish law based on the Torah forbids killing innocent people, women and children especially.

But how does the Torah tell you to do this, to determine who are innocent and who are not?

3 hours ago, Slibhin said:

We don't have the same luxury you do of ignoring that which is inconvenient or makes life harder.

But you have said in the past that the sacrifices are no longer considered important and don't apply anymore.  Did you quit believing it because you found it inconvenient or that it makes life harder?

I appreciate your posts. Slibhin, you always give me something to consider (about life, the universe and everything as well as religion).  This helps me become a better person and remove barriers that stand in the way of having a closer relationship with God.  I hope I can do the same with my posts to you as well.

But a simple and mostly unrelated question (the result of my limited study of Judaism today):  Since you have chosen to be an Orthodox Jew, do you study Torah to become better at being a Jew or to develop a closer personal relationship with God?  (And I know this is not an easy question to answer, especially for a young person)

May the Lord guide you thinking and keep you safe.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  433
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,226
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Days Won:  0

Does anyone know if it's safe to shop at Kosher Casual right now? I very much wish to honor God in my appearance, and I have shopped at Kosher Casual. Is it safe to shop at Kosher Casual right now?

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,878
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, FJK said:

But how does the Torah tell you to do this, to determine who are innocent and who are not?

But you have said in the past that the sacrifices are no longer considered important and don't apply anymore.  Did you quit believing it because you found it inconvenient or that it makes life harder?

I appreciate your posts. Slibhin, you always give me something to consider (about life, the universe and everything as well as religion).  This helps me become a better person and remove barriers that stand in the way of having a closer relationship with God.  I hope I can do the same with my posts to you as well.

But a simple and mostly unrelated question (the result of my limited study of Judaism today): 

3 hours ago, FJK said:

Since you have chosen to be an Orthodox Jew, do you study Torah to become better at being a Jew or to develop a closer personal relationship with God?  (And I know this is not an easy question to answer, especially for a young person)

May the Lord guide you thinking and keep you safe.

The study of the Torah does not make anyone an Orthodox Jew. 

There are eligibility criteria for someone to qualify as a Jew. And then there are criteria to qualify for an Orthodox Jew. 

And what kind of question is this to study the Torah as an Orthodox Jew to be a better person and have a closer personal relationship with God? 

This seems to be a very personal question soliciting something from a specific person. "do you study the Torah for this or that."

Can you use a different approache and different words so anyone who reads the post can be eligible to reply to these questions. 

As it is, it seems that you are only seeking a reply from a specific person.  

Another kind of question would be.  Why we study the Torah in general and why anyone would like to study the Torah? I study the Torah as a believer in Jesus Christ for many reasons. Also to be educated about the context in those books. Others they study the Torah because they are their religious sacred books. AMEN.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.47

11 hours ago, Slibhin said:

If only we Jews were as bloodthirsty as the Christians we wouldn't be in the mess we're in! Excellent, makes me really wanna join up.

As I stated above, Jewish law based on the Torah forbids killing innocent people, women and children especially. I'm sorry that doing what G-d said is troublesome... but we actually believe it. We don't have the same luxury you do of ignoring that which is inconvenient or makes life harder.

It is up to Israel's place to decide what they need to do to protect themselves. It is not our lives in danger. 

It not against their TORAH.

Deut 2:32  Then Sihon came out against us, he and all his people, to fight at Jahaz.
33  And the LORD our God delivered him before us; and we smote him, and his sons, and all his people.
34  And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain:

6  And we utterly destroyed them, as we did unto Sihon king of Heshbon, utterly destroying the men, women, and children, of every city.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.96

19 hours ago, other one said:

It is genocide to  want to kill an army that is killing your people??? You just can't separate Hamas from all Palestinians, can you. The genocide is in your mind, not mine.

If you can't separate them, why bomb them all?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.96

2 hours ago, Anne2 said:

It is up to Israel's place to decide what they need to do to protect themselves. It is not our lives in danger.

It is up to others to demand that they stop the genocide.

It not against their TORAH.

Yes it is. The old testament was for believers. Israel today are unsaved and rebels. They may not claim that God is with them.

9 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

The study of the Torah does not make anyone an Orthodox Jew. 

There are eligibility criteria for someone to qualify as a Jew. And then there are criteria to qualify for an Orthodox Jew. 

And what kind of question is this to study the Torah as an Orthodox Jew to be a better person and have a closer personal relationship with God? 

This seems to be a very personal question soliciting something from a specific person. "do you study the Torah for this or that."

Can you use a different approache and different words so anyone who reads the post can be eligible to reply to these questions. 

As it is, it seems that you are only seeking a reply from a specific person.  

Another kind of question would be.  Why we study the Torah in general and why anyone would like to study the Torah? I study the Torah as a believer in Jesus Christ for many reasons. Also to be educated about the context in those books. Others they study the Torah because they are their religious sacred books. AMEN.  

You're a Jew?  Sorry, I was unaware of that and will try to address you with that in mind in the future.

Not soliciting any personally identifiable information, just a curiosity to understand where someone is coming from so I can reply and discuss on the same basis, to develop  common understanding., but I take your criticism of my wording accordingly and will try to be more generically impersonal in the future.

FWIW, I study all scripture and writings for the purpose of removing barriers between myself and God and establishing a closer relationship with him without the formal restrictions that the  Church seems to have imposed on us over the last several thousand years, it's a spiritual pursuit, not an academic one.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

6 hours ago, dad2 said:

If you can't separate them, why bomb them all?

Israel is not doing that.   They have made a safe place to go to and given them protection so they can get there.  If they don't get out of the way of the destruction of the Hamas infrastructure it is on them, not Israel. The problem is that the people in Gaza voted Hamas as their government quite some time ago, so you can't really tell who is innocent and who isn't. 

I can be sure that if those people are truly Islamic and following the teachings of Mohammad, there are no innocents. They just should not have started killing the people in Israel.

Did you see the video showing where the young Muslim was on the phone live telling his parents how he was killing Jews with his own bare hands and the proud parents telling him they were proud of him?

The People in Gaza need freed from Islam, or they will never be at peace with anyone but themselves.  We might be able to teach them about Jesus if they would stop killing Jews long enough to try and get through to them.  However, that hasn't happened in the last 1300 years, so I doubt it will happen today.  The killing will not stop until the Jews are driven out of their land.   That's sharia law.   What's behind it all???   If there are no Jews in Israel, there isn't anything for Jesus to return to.   It wasn't Michael that met Mohammad in that cave, it was the devil himself, and he's attempted to keep God's chosen out of that area since way before they left Egypt.

11 minutes ago, other one said:

Hamas as their government quite some time ago, so you can't really tell who is innocent and who isn't. 

I read a poll somewhere (don't feel like looking to find it again) that was conducted in Gaza that found that 84% of them supported the Oct 7th attack against Israel.

I imagine those that support the destruction of Israel is probably higher than that even though they don't support the Oct. 7th attack.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

21 hours ago, Slibhin said:

es, collective punishment and insisting all are the same so you can exterminate a nation is genocide.

Hamas is not a nation, it's an army, and yes you can exterminate an army when they are hell-bent of killing all of you no matter what the cost.