• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 3/7/2024 at 3:21 PM, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

I believe he was resureccted by his father 3 days later and that he did all of the things the Bible says he did, and I believe he’s lord under his father God the Almighty but I feel like there’s something holding me back from fully putting my trust in Jesus, and fully accepting him, and I know that Jesus knows that. I just need some good suggestions on what to do and please try hard with your answers because this is probably one of the most important questions I’ve needed an answer for out of all my posts because I keep trying and trying, and still feel as a Christian that something is missing in my life spiritually.

Hi,

Can you trust in God enough to do nothing?

Really do nothing, but trust in God.

• Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

@faithfull-prophet4040

One thing is for sure that Jesus has called you to be in his ministry. 

The other thing is that you have misconstrued what he is asking you or what he wants from you and this is made known to you by the way you feel that it let's you  know that is not accomplished yet and that's because you have not correctly understood what He is asking you. 

He wants you to remove the things that needs to be removed from his yard. He wants you to be his instrument to sweep away from his house things that you will see that they do not belong there and need to be removed but other people do not understand that and they brought them in their misunderstanding . He wants to make you knowledgeable of deep truths which you will learn from him so you can clean his house. 

The fact that you have come to understand "not that's not what he is asking me" and I have to understand what he is asking me, as I need to be in tune with him is a big step in the right direction. 

This is why and because he wants to comunicate direct with you, you must wait for him and depend on him.

And that includes to stop seeking to find Him in the books and in the counsel of others. But to wait on him and he may used others but keep in mind that you are not the one to choose who thay are. 

The point is that He wants to comunicate one with one with you but you need to learn and He will teach you to correctly perceived what he is telling you. 

So far you have learn that He was asking you something but you thought that he was asking you something else, because he was telling you that not what I asking from you. and that will happen again till you learn to correctly perceived what he is asking you and he will teach you, but how? And that you will know when it happens. 

It's like that, somehow. When Samuel was a boy and He heard someone calling his name in his sleep, he thought that was Eli the High Priest calling him. But it was the Lord who was calling him. We need to learn what Jesus or the Holy Spirit is asking us because often it is not strait forward. Like when we read some Scripture and we say what does it want to say, where before reading the same scripture we had said that what is saying without searching any further. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

On 3/17/2024 at 7:53 AM, RTRider said:

The original post resonates with me. I knew that I was missing something in my Christian walk, and I took the "me version" of a fix and started doing things that made me appear more devout and dedicated. I worked on how I appeared more than who I was. After visiting a few preachers, and even one who laid hands on me to give me the Holy Spirit, the missing element was still there.

As I was working in a foreign country shortly after that, I went to a bookstore to find Christian books that might give me an answer (I could not find an answer anywhere else.)

Then, I saw one word in a book that spoke of "surrender." Yep, like a hammer in my noggin, it hit me. Out of all the things I tried to feel close to God, I KNEW that I had never surrendered myself. I was play-acting, I was "appearing," but I was not surrendering. My mind was still in the world and my heart was not occupied by God's spirit.

In my hotel room, I dropped to the floor and cried out with my repentance toward God. I was alone, no noise around me, but in an emotional dive = I even asked for His help in surrendering. To think, nobody with whom I spoke told me anything about surrendering. After all, I looked like a Christian.

I go with serve.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

On 3/7/2024 at 1:21 PM, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

I am a Christian, and I have done things that most would have not done, and that most would have called crazy, and said I went to far but I did them for God. For example I walked in sandals with no socks in winter for 6 miles
Picking up garbage on the side of the road, and filled up garbage bags full of garbadge because I felt that’s what God wanted me to do. I walked around to parking lots where people were, and to houses, a gave almost all of my things to random people, because I felt God wanted me to give to others wethor it left me dry or not to prove myself to God. I also realize God was telling me I didn’t HAVE TO DO ANY OF THESE THINGS, but the point is that I WANTED TO to show him I am and always will be his loyal servant to the loving father almighty, and that I love him with all my heart. I’m not boasting though in any way just to be clear, the reason I’m mentioning these things is because I’ve done them things, I’ve over came many drug addictions, I overcame being an alcoholic, I am working on stopping smoking cigarettes because I started smoking again but stopped vaping. I have dedicated my life to God, and no I don’t expect anything in return except to feel that I am an accomplished Christian that has pleased God, and to feel full when I wake up, full spiritually is what I mean, but when I wake and through the day I feel somewhat empty  spiritually like something’s missing, and I can’t figure out what I need to do. I read Bible verses all the time and religious books, I watch religious videos on YouTube, and preachers preach on YouTube, and good ones too not false teachers. So I don’t know what’s missing, I think it may be Jesus, I have accepted him as savior and, the son of God who died on the cross to save everybody in a specific way he did. I believe he was resureccted by his father 3 days later and that he did all of the things the Bible says he did, and I believe he’s lord under his father God the Almighty but I feel like there’s something holding me back from fully putting my trust in Jesus, and fully accepting him, and I know that Jesus knows that. I just need some good suggestions on what to do and please try hard with your answers because this is probably one of the most important questions I’ve needed an answer for out of all my posts because I keep trying and trying, and still feel as a Christian that something is missing in my life spiritually.

Read luke 11:13." how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!” The 12/120 were all saved after Jesus rose yet He told them to wait for the promise. Then all filled with the spirit came out lol and the song comes to mind by Carmen "were not drunk as you suppose were filled with the holy Ghost". Peter telling them “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." 

We read other times they asked some  "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?” So they said to him, “We have not so much as heard whether there is a Holy Spirit.” Acts 19:2-6 "And when Paul had laid hands on them, the Holy Spirit came upon them, and they spoke with tongues and prophesied."

You feel something is missing. So I just posted what is written, no more no less. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Kindness to anyone is good. God sees all your kindness of any kind.
Jesus talks about kindness and love very much.

Jesus said this last thing to the Apostles and then ascended to heaven.
Matthew 28:19-20 

One thing Jesus says that I always keep in mind and remember is this:
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. --Matthew 6:33

How much would God love us if we did exactly what his son Christ Jesus instructed us to do?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,079
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

We hear so much about the Spirit yet I sometimes see so little in both my life and lives of others.

If I’m supposed to be filled, then that’s my goal. If it is offensive to some religious establishment, this is the least of my concerns. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  4.69
  • Days Won:  1

We are the clay, He is the potter. Different vessels for different purposes. Most of us won't have glamorous responsibilities to maintain. Think upon meekness and being a peacekeeper along with being pure in heart.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Think knowledge comes first, we have to know what we are joining or beginning to attached ourselves to John 17:3 is key "taking in knowledge leads to life eternal.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,079
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

3 hours ago, D. Adrien said:

We are the clay, He is the potter. Different vessels for different purposes. Most of us won't have glamorous responsibilities to maintain. Think upon meekness and being a peacekeeper along with being pure in heart.

Are you reformed, molinist or something else?

I believe God is definitely the potter, yet to make a comparison to clay pots and us seems to leave the free will out 

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  4.69
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Starise said:

Are you reformed, molinist or something else?

I believe God is definitely the potter, yet to make a comparison to clay pots and us seems to leave the free will out 

I meant to present the idea that not every Christian is expected to perform the same tasks as per Paul in his explanation. Nothing more. :spot_on: