Charlie744

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

Rather than ask a specific question about a certain verse / interpretation within the 12 chapters of Daniel, I would like to ask those of you who have an interest in Daniel to ask everyone in this forum what is YOUR most difficult or challenging verse in Daniel - an interpretation you are not still satisfied with.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,070
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

13 hours ago, Charlie744 said:

Rather than ask a specific question about a certain verse / interpretation within the 12 chapters of Daniel, I would like to ask those of you who have an interest in Daniel to ask everyone in this forum what is YOUR most difficult or challenging verse in Daniel - an interpretation you are not still satisfied with.

I do not really have any questions or verses I am not content on via my understandings, I used to have many. 

But to give you a kick off here, I will pose a few verses I see many or should I say most people and even 95 percent of preachers who do not understand the verses. 

1.) People do not understand that the 1290 and 1335, like the 1260, is a set number of days until all these wonders end, imho, this is the most important and secretive prophecy in the bible. God stated in Daniel 12 all these things would be shut up until the end times, as in  NOW !! These Three Numbers are about Three Events, one is the Anti-Christ conquering Israel(1260), the other two are the Two-witnesses (1335) and the False Prophet (1290). Of course the number furthest away from the 2nd coming comes first. Not knowing this info creates a hole in end time eschatology. 

2.) Another question I see is about the Clay & Iron not mixing via the "seed of men" I think its simply referring to unlike Rome, this last Beast is a Fractured Nation made up of many nations thus its like clay melded together, but with many seeds of men or nations, where as Rome was one nation ruling over many nations with brute force.

3.) Why does God give us a rundown on every Greek king in Daniel 11. I think its because the A.C. is born in Greece and his archetype was Antiochus Epiphanes (verses 21-34). 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Revelation Man said:

I do not really have any questions or verses I am not content on via my understandings, I used to have many. 

But to give you a kick off here, I will pose a few verses I see many or should I say most people and even 95 percent of preachers who do not understand the verses. 

1.) People do not understand that the 1290 and 1335, like the 1260, is a set number of days until all these wonders end, imho, this is the most important and secretive prophecy in the bible. God stated in Daniel 12 all these things would be shut up until the end times, as in  NOW !! These Three Numbers are about Three Events, one is the Anti-Christ conquering Israel(1260), the other two are the Two-witnesses (1335) and the False Prophet (1290). Of course the number furthest away from the 2nd coming comes first. Not knowing this info creates a hole in end time eschatology. 

2.) Another question I see is about the Clay & Iron not mixing via the "seed of men" I think its simply referring to unlike Rome, this last Beast is a Fractured Nation made up of many nations thus its like clay melded together, but with many seeds of men or nations, where as Rome was one nation ruling over many nations with brute force.

3.) Why does God give us a rundown on every Greek king in Daniel 11. I think its because the A.C. is born in Greece and his archetype was Antiochus Epiphanes (verses 21-34). 

Nice to hear from you again!

These are indeed very important events within Daniel. I do understand that much of you interpretations are placed at the end times. In fact, although you may have some disagreement on some “specific” events, the majority (99.99%) of today’s accepted interpretations will follow your line of thinking. 

I believe it is safe to say that it really comes down to whether most of Daniel represents “end time” thinking and refers to His second coming or most refer to His first coming. This also means these verses are either to be treated or viewed in a “messianic” manner or they are more “secular” and must concern or speak to future kingdoms or nations or powers. 

If you do not mind, I would like to try and address your specific comments later on today / tonight. 

These were (for me) some of the most difficult verses to try and interpret. It was ONLY after I attempted to interpret these verses and how they could possibly apply to the Messiah could I arrive at an interpretation that was (imo) consistent with all the earlier / later verses within Daniel. 

Thanks, Charlie 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/14/2024 at 11:14 AM, Revelation Man said:

1.) People do not understand that the 1290 and 1335, like the 1260, is a set number of days until all these wonders end, imho, this is the most important and secretive prophecy in the bible. God stated in Daniel 12 all these things would be shut up until the end times, as in  NOW !! These ThreeNumbers are about Three Events, one is the Anti-Christ conquering Israel(1260), the other two are the Two-witnesses (1335) and the False Prophet (1290). Of course the number furthest away from the 2nd coming comes first. Not knowing this info creates a hole in end time eschatology. 

Okay, and sorry for not being able to respond earlier. If you do not mind, I would like to respond to each of your 3 comments separately. They are all great issues within Daniel and we might consider concentrating on them individually. 

Your first comment is the 1290, 1335 and 1260 days mentioned in chapter 12. Because the time element of 1260 days is another important time element on its own, this too requires a separate discussion. 

First, I believe your interpretations on these 2 can be found within “today’s accepted interpretations.” The specific details might not all agree with others but they all contend they are 

1) end time prophecies, 

2) they refer or concerned with a more “secular” interpretation,

3) and they may involve an “anti-Christ” literal figure that plays an important role at the end times and with these prophetic time elements. Again, these are ALL found within “today’s accepted interpretations.” 

Unfortunately, my interpretations (which are literally NEW interpretations - completed book on 11/19/23), will not bring my % to even 1%. Hopefully, that might change … 

Anyway, I believe these time elements, like so many other important interpretations found in “today’s accepted interpretations,” are not speaking about “true end times,” or “more secular interpretations,” but they prophecies about Jesus AND the time of His first coming. 

So, here is my thoughts on these 2:

1) the most important term that must be defined (imo) regarding the two time elements of 1290 and 1335 is the definition of what is the “abomination that causes desolation.” I believe this is the “left time bracket” that must be determined to use to count forward the 1290 days. 

UNLIKE ALL OTHER INTERPRETATIONS, I believe the “abomination that causes desolation” is the cross. Meaning, it was the Jews rejection of their Messiah AND His crucifixion that defines this term “abomination.” Thus, it speaks of the Messiah and the time of the century (I believe most of Daniel speaks of the Messiah, the cross, the start of His church and the coming little horn in the late 5th century AD- who will continue until His second coming).

It is not about the destruction of a supposedly 3rd Temple or any physical destruction in the future. All of those “futuristic” interpretations began with the RCC in the late 16th century. 

There also is a new interpretation (my understanding) where the term “desolation” means the complete desolation that will be imposed on His people (Jews) as a direct result of their “abomination” made against their Messiah. Because they rejected and crucified Him, He would turn His face from them (He would make them totally desolate from their God). For over 2000 years, until the end of the time of the Gentiles, the Jews would be made desolate from their God as punishment for the “abomination” they inflicted on their Messiah. 

So, if that is the basis for the term  AOD, then this must also serve as the “left time bracket” in verse 12:11.

Because 12:11 includes the term “set up” this should refer th the beginning of His ministry- the first day of the 70th week of years prophecy found in Daniel 9. On this day, He was baptized in the Jordan and was anointed by His Father. This day would become the “set up” or beginning when the Messiah would be crucified. 

His ministry would last exactly 3.5 years or 1260 days from His baptism. However, in EVERY 19 years there is an adjustment made to the Jewish calendar to ensure the Spring Feast days do indeed occur in the Spring. Consequently, in years 3,6,8, 11,14, 17 and 19, there MUST be at least one time adjustment of 30 days that will be added to their calendar. This 30 day adjustment will ALWAYS fall outside of the 7 month Feast Calendar so it will never affect the timing from Passover to Tabernacles. Thus, this 30 day adjustment will be made at the end of the calendar year BEFORE the start of Passover. 

Verse 12:11 also provides us with the definition for the “right time bracket” for the first time element of 1290 days: it is when the “daily sacrifice” is taken away. The “daily sacrifice” was taken away by Jesus. He was the “perfect Lamb of God” and because of His sacrifice, it would eliminate or remove any further need for animal sacrifices. 

So, we now have the 3 pieces of the formula to determine the meaning of the 1290 days. And again, by applying a “Messianic” approach to interpreting most of the prophecies within Daniel rather than a “historical” or secular approach, we come away with VERY DIFFERENT INTERPRETATIONS. 

From the start of His ministry to His death on the cross would be 1260 days PLUS the required time adjustment within THOSE 3.5 years of His ministry to arrive at 1290 days. 

I believe that, unlike most of “today’s accepted interpretations” are NOT true end time prophecies but speak of the Messiah during His first advent. 

Because this response is rather long, I will hold off of talking about the 1335 days until this can be responded to…. 

Therefore, it is NOT that I disagree with your interpretations of Daniel, but it is “approach” that everyone has used to come up with “today’s accepted interpretations.”

Thanks, Charlie 

9 hours ago, Charlie744 said:

Okay, and sorry for not being able to respond earlier. If you do not mind, I would like to respond to each of your 3 comments separately. They are all great issues within Daniel and we might consider concentrating on them individually. 

Your first comment is the 1290, 1335 and 1260 days mentioned in chapter 12. Because the time element of 1260 days is another important time element on its own, this too requires a separate discussion. 

First, I believe your interpretations on these 2 can be found within “today’s accepted interpretations.” The specific details might not all agree with others but they all contend they are 

1) end time prophecies, 

2) they refer or concerned with a more “secular” interpretation,

3) and they may involve an “anti-Christ” literal figure that plays an important role at the end times and with these prophetic time elements. Again, these are ALL found within “today’s accepted interpretations.” 

Unfortunately, my interpretations (which are literally NEW interpretations - completed book on 11/19/23), will not bring my % to even 1%. Hopefully, that might change … 

Anyway, I believe these time elements, like so many other important interpretations found in “today’s accepted interpretations,” are not speaking about “true end times,” or “more secular interpretations,” but they prophecies about Jesus AND the time of His first coming. 

So, here is my thoughts on these 2:

1) the most important term that must be defined (imo) regarding the two time elements of 1290 and 1335 is the definition of what is the “abomination that causes desolation.” I believe this is the “left time bracket” that must be determined to use to count forward the 1290 days. 

UNLIKE ALL OTHER INTERPRETATIONS, I believe the “abomination that causes desolation” is the cross. Meaning, it was the Jews rejection of their Messiah AND His crucifixion that defines this term “abomination.” Thus, it speaks of the Messiah and the time of the century (I believe most of Daniel speaks of the Messiah, the cross, the start of His church and the coming little horn in the late 5th century AD- who will continue until His second coming).

It is not about the destruction of a supposedly 3rd Temple or any physical destruction in the future. All of those “futuristic” interpretations began with the RCC in the late 16th century. 

There also is a new interpretation (my understanding) where the term “desolation” means the complete desolation that will be imposed on His people (Jews) as a direct result of their “abomination” made against their Messiah. Because they rejected and crucified Him, He would turn His face from them (He would make them totally desolate from their God). For over 2000 years, until the end of the time of the Gentiles, the Jews would be made desolate from their God as punishment for the “abomination” they inflicted on their Messiah. 

So, if that is the basis for the term  AOD, then this must also serve as the “left time bracket” in verse 12:11.

Because 12:11 includes the term “set up” this should refer th the beginning of His ministry- the first day of the 70th week of years prophecy found in Daniel 9. On this day, He was baptized in the Jordan and was anointed by His Father. This day would become the “set up” or beginning when the Messiah would be crucified. 

His ministry would last exactly 3.5 years or 1260 days from His baptism. However, in EVERY 19 years there is an adjustment made to the Jewish calendar to ensure the Spring Feast days do indeed occur in the Spring. Consequently, in years 3,6,8, 11,14, 17 and 19, there MUST be at least one time adjustment of 30 days that will be added to their calendar. This 30 day adjustment will ALWAYS fall outside of the 7 month Feast Calendar so it will never affect the timing from Passover to Tabernacles. Thus, this 30 day adjustment will be made at the end of the calendar year BEFORE the start of Passover. 

Verse 12:11 also provides us with the definition for the “right time bracket” for the first time element of 1290 days: it is when the “daily sacrifice” is taken away. The “daily sacrifice” was taken away by Jesus. He was the “perfect Lamb of God” and because of His sacrifice, it would eliminate or remove any further need for animal sacrifices. 

So, we now have the 3 pieces of the formula to determine the meaning of the 1290 days. And again, by applying a “Messianic” approach to interpreting most of the prophecies within Daniel rather than a “historical” or secular approach, we come away with VERY DIFFERENT INTERPRETATIONS. 

From the start of His ministry to His death on the cross would be 1260 days PLUS the required time adjustment within THOSE 3.5 years of His ministry to arrive at 1290 days. 

I believe that, unlike most of “today’s accepted interpretations” are NOT true end time prophecies but speak of the Messiah during His first advent. 

Because this response is rather long, I will hold off of talking about the 1335 days until this can be responded to…. 

Therefore, it is NOT that I disagree with your interpretations of Daniel, but it is “approach” that everyone has used to come up with “today’s accepted interpretations.”

Thanks, Charlie 

Okay, I hope I have time right now to address the second half of the 2 time elements- the 2335 days in chapter 12. 

The purpose of the 1290 days prophecy was to speak to (at least) 3 things:

1) it was to continue to reveal that these prophecies, even within the last chapter of Daniel are written about the Messiah. Again, if we use the “approach” to try and interpret the many enigmatic verses in Daniel as they relate directly to the Messiah, we will come away with completely different interpretations. And  it was not until I put away trying to follow the more “historical or secular” approach to interpret Daniel (that ALL commentators use) could I discover these new interpretations. And if this “approach” is performed throughout the 12 chapters, I have found they is a consistent story that is revealed about the coming Messiah (1st time) AND Hi plan of salvation for the Jews and mankind. It becomes a seamless storyline not like today’s accepted interpretations that jump around and add strange characters into these interpretations like Epiphanies, the Ptolemy’s, and certainly an anti-Christ figure. 

2) the 1290 days was important because it covered the Messiah’s first 3.5 years of His ministry. The last week or the last 7 years of the 70 weeks of years prophecy was set aside for Jesus to fulfill His God given mission- His part in the restoration of Israel, the Temple, Sanctuary, etc. after their return from Babylon. And within those 3.5 years He indeed fulfilled / completed all of them (9:24). 

But God would give us THIS FORMULA for the 1st part of the time prophecy (1290 days) so we could calculate the second time element (1335 days). It was given to us so we would incorporate its meaning with our other “end time” prophecies. The 1335 days is calculated using the same formula BUT with one exception. First, it is meant to cover the second 3.5 years of His last week. It was always planned that He would complete His mission (9:24) within the first 3.5 years, but now He will fulfill or complete the second part of His last week - meaning within the first 3.5 years, He fulfilled the first 4 Festival days- Passover to Pentecost. 

Now, He will arrive on the Day or Trumpets until Tabernacles. The 1335 days time element will be calculated by using the time of the His Passover (cross), which was the ending date in the 1290 day calculation, and count the number of days until Trumpets- His return. 

This calculation is as follows: from the cross to Trumpets is 3.5 years or 1260 days. However, this 3.5 year period, no different than the 1290 day calculation, will require its OWN calendar adjustment. Instead of adjusting the calendar by 30 days, it will be adjusted by 2 (30) day periods or 60 days. The reason behind this is similar to read 1290 day calculation- as mentioned, within ANY 19 year period, there must be a time adjustment to ensure the Spring Festivals do occur in the Spring. There are 7 adjustments made within these 19 years with AT LEAST ONE 30 DAY ADJUSTMENT WITHIN ANT 3 YEAR PERIOD. However, of those 7 adjustment periods, there are 3 times where there MUST be 2 (30) day adjustments made or 60 days over the 3 year period. 

Thus, this second half will equal the 3.5 years or 1260 days PLUS the two (30) day adjustments totaling 1320 days. Meaning, from the date of the Passover used to calculate the 1290 days to the last Day of Trumpets for the last week of the prophecy when the Messiah will return, there will be 1320 days. But the verse in 12:12 tells us “blessed is he who waits until the 1335th day. 

I interpret this to mean that the Messiah will return on the Day of Trumpets, then there will be the 10 days of Awe (perhaps this is what God maybe referring to as the “time of His wrath,” and after those horrific 10 days, for those that “wait”  the 5 days of Tabernacles- those that wait UNTIL  the end of Tabernacles will be blessed (will be with God forever). 

Again, all of the time prophecies in Daniel as well as those found within the Hebrew chapters are about the Messiah and His plan to restore us to the Garden. 

There is nothing in Daniel about ANY other kingdom or nation that will come upon the earth other than the 4 He brought out of the earth / sea. There are no characters to be considered other than those found in chapter 2 (with the exception of the little horn of Daniel 7 and 8. No EU, China, USA, Turkey, Islam, etc. 

Daniel clearly tells us what “war” we are fighting and who are the combatants. It is the war where we choose to obey our God and His commandments or the teachings and followings of the little horn of Daniel 7 and 8. 

It is a spiritual battle for our souls and where we will spend eternity. There will always be wars and rumors of wars (these are the battles between men), but the Messiah would arrive and provide each and every one of us with ALL the power and strength to fight this spiritual war - we have unlimited access to His Holy Spirit. 

Look forward to your or anyone else’s comments. Also, tomorrow I should be able to respond to the 1260 day prophecy you mentioned… although, I believe this came from verse 12:7 (time, times and 1/2 time). 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,031
  • Content Per Day:  3.33

9 hours ago, Charlie744 said:

Okay, I hope I have time right now to address the second half of the 2 time elements- the 2335 days in chapter 12. 

The purpose of the 1290 days prophecy was to speak to (at least) 3 things:

1) it was to continue to reveal that these prophecies, even within the last chapter of Daniel are written about the Messiah. Again, if we use the “approach” to try and interpret the many enigmatic verses in Daniel as they relate directly to the Messiah, we will come away with completely different interpretations. And  it was not until I put away trying to follow the more “historical or secular” approach to interpret Daniel (that ALL commentators use) could I discover these new interpretations. And if this “approach” is performed throughout the 12 chapters, I have found they is a consistent story that is revealed about the coming Messiah (1st time) AND Hi plan of salvation for the Jews and mankind. It becomes a seamless storyline not like today’s accepted interpretations that jump around and add strange characters into these interpretations like Epiphanies, the Ptolemy’s, and certainly an anti-Christ figure. 

2) the 1290 days was important because it covered the Messiah’s first 3.5 years of His ministry. The last week or the last 7 years of the 70 weeks of years prophecy was set aside for Jesus to fulfill His God given mission- His part in the restoration of Israel, the Temple, Sanctuary, etc. after their return from Babylon. And within those 3.5 years He indeed fulfilled / completed all of them (9:24). 

But God would give us THIS FORMULA for the 1st part of the time prophecy (1290 days) so we could calculate the second time element (1335 days). It was given to us so we would incorporate its meaning with our other “end time” prophecies. The 1335 days is calculated using the same formula BUT with one exception. First, it is meant to cover the second 3.5 years of His last week. It was always planned that He would complete His mission (9:24) within the first 3.5 years, but now He will fulfill or complete the second part of His last week - meaning within the first 3.5 years, He fulfilled the first 4 Festival days- Passover to Pentecost. 

Now, He will arrive on the Day or Trumpets until Tabernacles. The 1335 days time element will be calculated by using the time of the His Passover (cross), which was the ending date in the 1290 day calculation, and count the number of days until Trumpets- His return. 

This calculation is as follows: from the cross to Trumpets is 3.5 years or 1260 days. However, this 3.5 year period, no different than the 1290 day calculation, will require its OWN calendar adjustment. Instead of adjusting the calendar by 30 days, it will be adjusted by 2 (30) day periods or 60 days. The reason behind this is similar to read 1290 day calculation- as mentioned, within ANY 19 year period, there must be a time adjustment to ensure the Spring Festivals do occur in the Spring. There are 7 adjustments made within these 19 years with AT LEAST ONE 30 DAY ADJUSTMENT WITHIN ANT 3 YEAR PERIOD. However, of those 7 adjustment periods, there are 3 times where there MUST be 2 (30) day adjustments made or 60 days over the 3 year period. 

Thus, this second half will equal the 3.5 years or 1260 days PLUS the two (30) day adjustments totaling 1320 days. Meaning, from the date of the Passover used to calculate the 1290 days to the last Day of Trumpets for the last week of the prophecy when the Messiah will return, there will be 1320 days. But the verse in 12:12 tells us “blessed is he who waits until the 1335th day. 

I interpret this to mean that the Messiah will return on the Day of Trumpets, then there will be the 10 days of Awe (perhaps this is what God maybe referring to as the “time of His wrath,” and after those horrific 10 days, for those that “wait”  the 5 days of Tabernacles- those that wait UNTIL  the end of Tabernacles will be blessed (will be with God forever). 

Again, all of the time prophecies in Daniel as well as those found within the Hebrew chapters are about the Messiah and His plan to restore us to the Garden. 

There is nothing in Daniel about ANY other kingdom or nation that will come upon the earth other than the 4 He brought out of the earth / sea. There are no characters to be considered other than those found in chapter 2 (with the exception of the little horn of Daniel 7 and 8. No EU, China, USA, Turkey, Islam, etc. 

Daniel clearly tells us what “war” we are fighting and who are the combatants. It is the war where we choose to obey our God and His commandments or the teachings and followings of the little horn of Daniel 7 and 8. 

It is a spiritual battle for our souls and where we will spend eternity. There will always be wars and rumors of wars (these are the battles between men), but the Messiah would arrive and provide each and every one of us with ALL the power and strength to fight this spiritual war - we have unlimited access to His Holy Spirit. 

Look forward to your or anyone else’s comments. Also, tomorrow I should be able to respond to the 1260 day prophecy you mentioned… although, I believe this came from verse 12:7 (time, times and 1/2 time). 

I am aware that no two students of scripture agree 100% on all matters. And so there will be 99 readers who will immediately disagree on some point or other. Since we obey 2nd Peter 1:20 and do not interpret the Bible with thoughts from the intellect of man, we are left with the Bible itself and nature (for Romans 1:18-20 allows this). Thus, the three numbers a the end of Daniel can only be understood in light of other scriptures. But we must also submit ourselves to the fact that Daniel was to seal up his Book until the time of the end. Shall we not expect some things to be hidden, that will only be revealed in the last time. Two of the three are explained, but are obscure.
1. The times, times and half a time, 42 months, 1260 days are but one thing - the duration of the Great Tribulation (if you take God's view, three and one half years if you take Elijah's view and most probably 3½ years if you take the inisy of the Two Witnesses.

2. The 1290 days presents us with difficulties. The removal of the daily sacrifice in Chapter 9 is AFTER 1260 days of the Beast's POLITICAL reign, but BEFORE the 1260 days of his RELIGIOUS reign. Chapter 12 says;

11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

If we were to write it, we would write thus; "And from the time that the daily sacrifice BEING INSTITUTED, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and SIXTY days.

Most likely the solution lies in some events surrounding Armageddon. Or, it is one of the events of Chapter 9 that God has determined for Israel. Let us summarize them.

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city,

1. to finish the transgression, and

2. to make an end of sins, and

3. to make reconciliation for iniquity, and

4. to bring in everlasting righteousness, and

5. to seal up the vision and prophecy, and

6. to anoint the most Holy.

But what is hardly ever considered is that all this has nothing to do with the Church. The prophecies are written (i) to the heathen Nations (Chapter 2 to 7 in Aramaic), and then (ii) to the nation of Israel (Hebrew for the rest of the book). It is "THY (Daniel's) People". What even more complicates the message is that "he who WAITS and COMES to the 2335 will be blessed". The trouble is, of the six events above ALL are a blessing!

There are more blessings t be had, but they might be contained in the 6 above
1. Israel forgiven unconditionally (Rom.11)
2. Israel in resurrection (Dan.12:2)
3. Israel with their New Covenant (Jer.31:31-33)
4. Israel purged of enemies
5. Israel revealed as leading Nation
6. The Millennial Temple completed

2 minutes ago, AdHoc said:

I am aware that no two students of scripture agree 100% on all matters. And so there will be 99 readers who will immediately disagree on some point or other. Since we obey 2nd Peter 1:20 and do not interpret the Bible with thoughts from the intellect of man, we are left with the Bible itself and nature (for Romans 1:18-20 allows this). Thus, the three numbers a the end of Daniel can only be understood in light of other scriptures. But we must also submit ourselves to the fact that Daniel was to seal up his Book until the time of the end. Shall we not expect some things to be hidden, that will only be revealed in the last time. Two of the three are explained, but are obscure.
1. The times, times and half a time, 42 months, 1260 days are but one thing - the duration of the Great Tribulation (if you take God's view, three and one half years if you take Elijah's view and most probably 3½ years if you take the inisy of the Two Witnesses.

2. The 1290 days presents us with difficulties. The removal of the daily sacrifice in Chapter 9 is AFTER 1260 days of the Beast's POLITICAL reign, but BEFORE the 1260 days of his RELIGIOUS reign. Chapter 12 says;

11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

If we were to write it, we would write thus; "And from the time that the daily sacrifice BEING INSTITUTED, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and SIXTY days.

Most likely the solution lies in some events surrounding Armageddon. Or, it is one of the events of Chapter 9 that God has determined for Israel. Let us summarize them.

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city,

1. to finish the transgression, and

2. to make an end of sins, and

3. to make reconciliation for iniquity, and

4. to bring in everlasting righteousness, and

5. to seal up the vision and prophecy, and

6. to anoint the most Holy.

But what is hardly ever considered is that all this has nothing to do with the Church. The prophecies are written (i) to the heathen Nations (Chapter 2 to 7 in Aramaic), and then (ii) to the nation of Israel (Hebrew for the rest of the book). It is "THY (Daniel's) People". What even more complicates the message is that "he who WAITS and COMES to the 2335 will be blessed". The trouble is, of the six events above ALL are a blessing!

There are more blessings t be had, but they might be contained in the 6 above
1. Israel forgiven unconditionally (Rom.11)
2. Israel in resurrection (Dan.12:2)
3. Israel with their New Covenant (Jer.31:31-33)
4. Israel purged of enemies
5. Israel revealed as leading Nation
6. The Millennial Temple completed

Thanks for your thoughts… I am sorry but I am having some trouble following you. 

Are you placing these two time elements at the end of time because of the phrase, “seal up the book…”?

Does this term mean that Daniel can not or will not be understood only at the end of time? Where the Jews given the book of Daniel to read, study and try to interpret the coming of the Messiah AND all those verses that speak to THEIR complete restoration after returning to Jerusalem?

Could the term mean to “seal up” the prophecies in the book of Daniel because there will be no further prophecies given to Daniel? In other words, God has provided all the Messianic prophecies He wants to give - in the book of Daniel or in the Tanakh before His coming?

Also, does the “time of the end” automatically mean the “end times”? Or, since so much of Daniel (Hebrew chapters) focus on the large period identified as the 70 weeks of years prophecy? That period is from 457 BC to 33/34 AD. And most of Daniel is about the events that take place within this 490 year span of time. So, because of its importance, and most of Daniel takes place well after he lived, could the term “time of the end” represent the end of the most important prophetic period (at least in Daniel) - the end of the 70th week?

The book of Daniel is written for his (Daniel’s) people- once again, this focuses on the period of the Jews restoration- not true end time prophecies. 

Finally, I have not addressed the 1260 days time element that was put forth by RevelationMan - as of yet. And it would be too lengthy to address right now. But there is NO 1260 days time element- whatsoever. I believe this results from someone incorrectly converting the term “time, times and 1/2 time into 1260 days. There is NO basis to do that other than they can not find an adequate interpretation for it. Just like the 1290 and the 1335 time elements. They are all thrown into the future. But they belong or should focus on the Messiah- what is more important than for God to give us (certainly the Jews before His first coming) the Messianic prophecies that are so important not only for the Jews at that time but for ALL peoples for the next 2000 years? Daniel is about the Messiah and His plan of salvation… 

But, getting back to the 3rd time element of time, times and 1/2 time, thus speaks to a total period of 3500 years, where “time = 1000 years in this application. 
This time element found in 7:25 represents the amount of time His saints will be in the hands of the little horn. Again, without explaining the entire section of chapter 7, God’s Word was given to Moses at Mt Sinai. After the cross, His church will be taken over (after pagan Rome was slain and its body destroyed- chapter 7) by the little horn (papal Rome). For the next 1500 years they would control His Word / the Scriptures/ what Christians should be taught, etc. Thus, for a total period if 3500 years- since Moses was given the Law and the Word of God, they will be given into his hand until…. 

The little horn will NOT have in his hand God’s Word or Laws to control, but it will be for a period of 3500 years since they were given. Meaning, the end of time must be coming to an end soon. 

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  5,117
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

Probably the most relevant, for our day, mistranslated verse is Daniel 12:11, where practically all translations leave out the preposition "to" [לָ] before 'set up'; the words literally mean "to the placing of an abomination of desolation..."

Edited by WilliamL

34 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

Probably the most relevant, for our day, mistranslated verse is Daniel 12:11, where practically all translations leave out the preposition "to" [לָ] before 'set up'; the words literally mean "to the placing of an abomination of desolation..."

So I believe you are attempting to say  the 1290 days is yet to take place?

I don’t believe this is so. The “abomination” is the event that represents those of His people that rejected and crucified Jesus. This would cause God as a punishment to make Him desolate with them. This ties together with 9:27 perfectly. Please consider Daniel is speaking about the most important events in the history of mankind! Nothing is more important than the coming Messiah- for the Jews for the next 600 years (time of Daniel). 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,031
  • Content Per Day:  3.33

4 hours ago, Charlie744 said:

Thanks for your thoughts… I am sorry but I am having some trouble following you. 

Are you placing these two time elements at the end of time because of the phrase, “seal up the book…”?

Does this term mean that Daniel can not or will not be understood only at the end of time? Where the Jews given the book of Daniel to read, study and try to interpret the coming of the Messiah AND all those verses that speak to THEIR complete restoration after returning to Jerusalem?

Could the term mean to “seal up” the prophecies in the book of Daniel because there will be no further prophecies given to Daniel? In other words, God has provided all the Messianic prophecies He wants to give - in the book of Daniel or in the Tanakh before His coming?

Also, does the “time of the end” automatically mean the “end times”? Or, since so much of Daniel (Hebrew chapters) focus on the large period identified as the 70 weeks of years prophecy? That period is from 457 BC to 33/34 AD. And most of Daniel is about the events that take place within this 490 year span of time. So, because of its importance, and most of Daniel takes place well after he lived, could the term “time of the end” represent the end of the most important prophetic period (at least in Daniel) - the end of the 70th week?

The book of Daniel is written for his (Daniel’s) people- once again, this focuses on the period of the Jews restoration- not true end time prophecies. 

Finally, I have not addressed the 1260 days time element that was put forth by RevelationMan - as of yet. And it would be too lengthy to address right now. But there is NO 1260 days time element- whatsoever. I believe this results from someone incorrectly converting the term “time, times and 1/2 time into 1260 days. There is NO basis to do that other than they can not find an adequate interpretation for it. Just like the 1290 and the 1335 time elements. They are all thrown into the future. But they belong or should focus on the Messiah- what is more important than for God to give us (certainly the Jews before His first coming) the Messianic prophecies that are so important not only for the Jews at that time but for ALL peoples for the next 2000 years? Daniel is about the Messiah and His plan of salvation… 

But, getting back to the 3rd time element of time, times and 1/2 time, thus speaks to a total period of 3500 years, where “time = 1000 years in this application. 
This time element found in 7:25 represents the amount of time His saints will be in the hands of the little horn. Again, without explaining the entire section of chapter 7, God’s Word was given to Moses at Mt Sinai. After the cross, His church will be taken over (after pagan Rome was slain and its body destroyed- chapter 7) by the little horn (papal Rome). For the next 1500 years they would control His Word / the Scriptures/ what Christians should be taught, etc. Thus, for a total period if 3500 years- since Moses was given the Law and the Word of God, they will be given into his hand until…. 

The little horn will NOT have in his hand God’s Word or Laws to control, but it will be for a period of 3500 years since they were given. Meaning, the end of time must be coming to an end soon. 

Of the Tribe of Judah and consorts who were set free by Cyrus, only 2.5% had a heart for God's purpose to have a Land, an House and an expression on earth. 97% stayed on in Babylon. They are those of the Book of Esther. God saved them in their crisis, but His name and/or title are never mentioned in Esther. Conversely, God attaches His Name, Presence and the title of "Israel" to those who returned to ace the hardship of the Temple rebuild. In Matthew Chapter 13, our Lord PURPOSELY hid the mysteries of the Kingdom from Israel. I would venture that God had every reason to hide the prophecies of Daniel. Israel refused the Kingdom and in Chapter 12 of Matthew, called the Chiefest of Prophets an emissary of Beelzebub. That is not the way to get God to reveal things to you.

The matter of the timing is relatively easy, even if the numbers are disputed. Weeks, or "sevens" are given in Chapter 9. The time is recorded by both secular records and the Bible (and Sir Anderson's scholarly work). The sixty nine weeks lead us to the week of Christ's passion. The events of the seventieth "seven" have no record in history. It is not a valid argument to say that Christ fulfilled things because the prophecy requires "Daniel's People" to fulfill them. Thus, the gap between the sixty-ninth seven and the seventieth seven is as large a gap as Joel's prophecy that took place but was not fulfilled on Pentecost That is, God often, not always, makes a prophecy without the time where the object of the prophecy is outside of His will or workings. Thus, the seventieth seven has not started yet.

Acts 15:14-16 sets the time for Israel's restoration - AFTER the completion of the Church. But God uses the tern "latter day" or "latter days" more for the end of the age. In Ezekiel 38:8 the "latter days" are when Israel is gathered to their Land and made to dwell safely. But in verse 16 he predicts the battle of Magog, which we know from Revelation 20 to be a thousand years later, ALSO as in the "latter days". I would say that the context must decide the "latter days" - not a fixed concept.

I cannot agree to a "mistake" with the 1260 days. In Daniel 4 God makes the claim that He is sovereign in the affairs of heaven and earth and "no ne can stay His hand". He either set forth 1260 days and it has remained, or He has purposely mislead His people for 2,500 years. Every one must make a choice. Either God is Who and What He claims, or we will do well to pack away the Bible. I do not say that our translations are without mistakes, but the diligent scholars have uncovered them. There is no reason to dispute the 1260 days, especially as it is so prolific in Revelation.

Not so with the two other figures - the 1290 and the 2335. There is no appropriate scripture to explain them. Truly, they are locked away until something happens that makes us say "Ah-ha". So that what is meant!"

Although we disagree, I respect your studies and your conclusions.