• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  963
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,743
  • Content Per Day:  5.05
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Note: I find the whole concept of earning a living by being an influencer on a cyber app a bit beyond my  comprehension.  But more power to those that are enabled to feed their family doing that. Seems to me a tool is a tool, it is not the tool used that is dangerous.

The foolish person that does not do their own due diligence has always been led into folly. Can't protect the world from the consequence of one's own slothful mindedness.

The old adage fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, has application regardless of the tools of modern convenience we tend to use today.  Kids need be taught that  from early on, like from the day of their birth onward.

Can't really teach a kid the don'ts, without showing the do's, nor without also exposing them to what it is they are to avoid versus  gravitate toward, and the difference between the two. They then will fail often anyway. Failing is part of learning the how to's  of gaining success.

Lord willing many live long enough to learn successful behavior , much of which comes through reading  the Bible, thinking and praying.

10 hours ago, FJK said:

So would you use "education" about alcohol, tobacco, and firearms in place of our current legal restrictions and bans on them for purchase and use by children?

Do you actually think that would work in today's world where TikToc challenges have resulted in many injuries and deaths amd suicides and such among our children who have already been relegated to the government for their education in mores and values for the most part?

I'm more of a mind to think it would actually make the problem worse for a number of differing children's psychological developmental reasons.

Hi interesting set of questions.

Having had personal experience with many a TikTok challenge, challenges that were really  encouragement to do vandalism such as  kicking apart school door locks, breaking toilets, smashing toilet stall partition doors, and kicking out tile walls that I would be first to insist that TikTok be banned if I thought that would change behavior of teens especially; but it won't.

Kids find ways to be really destructive as long as it is tolerated by parents, guardians, and school administrators to the degree that teachers and counselors are discouraged from even trying to stop it all. A child does not lose all control because of a TikTok challenge. Kids lose control or actually take charge because no  one is demanding they be held responsible for their actions.

The bullying that has resulted in suicides and school shootings happens because of poor supervision by parents, school administrators, counselors, to the point teachers just sit at their own desks and wait for Friday's paycheck.

Plus the refusal of local police to stop drug trafficking by and to teens, and instead to  work with them ( Make the kids their"employees") to try to get to  the higher ups in the drug trade results in a code where the kids are used by both distributors and the police for they will receive no punishment instead they get to  bargain with the police- least until they are the age of majority (18).

There are so many rules for teachers to have to follow with the serious civil and criminal risk to them when  getting involved they  just do not "see' when bad stuff happens. That is not TikTok's fault.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.51
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, Neighbor said:

That is not TikTok's fault.

Oh, I know that TikTok is just a symptom of a greater evil spreading throughout the world, but is a symptom that is killing directing our children into it before they even reach the point of being solidly established in their personal identities and status among their peers (which is what growing up is about) and rapidly spreads self destructive standards of thought and behavior as the norm they are to seek while doing so.

These "challenges" aren't like the days of our youth when it was things like swallowing a goldfish live on a dare was all the thing, and they are becoming encouraged among younger and younger children now, not among young adults inc colleges that have developed at least some degree of common sense that can control their recklessness, it has recently resulted in deaths and serious injuries spreading among even elementary school children.

Sometimes when the symptoms immediately fatal it is necessary to  treat the symptoms first before going after the disease itself.

2 hours ago, FJK said:

Sometimes when the symptoms immediately fatal it is necessary to  treat the symptoms first before going after the disease itself.

Yes but- What are the alternatives? X, instagram, and others are severely political and highly censored to influence and direct actions of young and old alike.

Nearly back in the caveman era my mother would say to me when I did something way wrong and blamed others for leading me to do it, "If so and so told you to jump off a ridge would you do it?"  "What you do is on you. And here is your punishment for this one", Wham! "Now remember no nonsense from you."

Today I find it is different with many parents, not all but many, as they buy into the "it takes a village" foolishness. When things go wrong with their child it becomes the fault of the village and certainly not little Johnny  nor little Susie nor mommy or daddy.

The village for it's part creates systems to systematically blame the educators and even make them criminally liable for the actions of kids. Anything but hold the kids seriously accountable never expunging the record of their activities. That last one has given kids the correct idea that no one is going to hold them accountable for long.  None of that is TikTok's fault.

A principle of law states a parent is NOT responsible for the torts of  a child ( Theirs), unless the child is at the time of committing the tort is in direct supervision of that child. At the same time almost all punishment for torts are considered harmful to the development of a child, and no one should hold the child accountable with serious  long term penalty, and certainly no record of the torts committed should be revealed or issued against the child when they reach  the age of maturity 18.

Somehow the child reaching maturity is believed to be changed, considered a model adult. We have had no less than four generations of that nonsense developing in the USA and perhaps much of the Euro world .  Seems to be that spare the rod spoil the child is a truth a principle that is proving out today.

Just yesterday about seven teenaged darlings male and female engaged in a long lasting series of fights in the parking lot of a local pet supply store. One middle age  woman was also involved. They engaged, kicked, punched, knocked each other down  stumped on each other, separated, came back to each other for more of the same several times; all while the police were slowly coming to see what they need do, but not urgently coming.  I suspect it was a fight over redistribution of the drugs they had bought and were to share or resell, what with one adult being involved. Not TikTok's fault.  Bad people do bad things.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.51
  • Days Won:  1

20 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Yes but- What are the alternatives? X, instagram, and others are severely political and highly censored to influence and direct actions of young and old alike.

I f you look back to my original post I said all social media.

The young should not be allowed on them before becoming adults.  No good comes from it and much bad does.

23 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

"If so and so told you to jump off a ridge would you do it?"

That would be considered a challenge on social media today and the answer would be a rush to do it and try to prove you can do it better than someone else has.

This is not the world of our youth, and it is a mistake to try to treat it as such.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Interesting! 1

I listened this morning to the premise that  TikTok could shutdown 173 million cellphones if the Chinese government ordered them to do it. If cell phones are so easy to corrupt then perhaps most any app can be used by any entity to shutdown all cell phones. Not TikTok's fault if that is so.

Somebody is selling fear, I wonder who? Who does want to grab the massive money maker TikTok at a bargain price? And just what use do they intent to put TikTok to if it can do so much damage so easily?

18 minutes ago, FJK said:

I f you look back to my original post I said all social media.

The young should not be allowed on them before becoming adults.  No good comes from it and much bad does.

That is a parental option, one I know, and a few at least, are doing just that, including taking away  cell phones period, and pulling their kids out of schools public and private using Liberty's online program for their kid's education system. And then getting their own kids involved in supervised activities for socialization.

And yes the border situation is making  public schools a nightmare threat to children. There are some pretty violent people managing to pose as kids that are getting into public primary education schools. There they create violence.

Seems to me some days that everyone is becoming an influencer really a sales person sell hacks, essential oils , you name it even just how to travel around doing noting  but posting videos of traveling around.  Amazing to me the money involved as advertisers pay for exposure there.

Does make me want to run and hide away. But there is no hideaway , Plus as George has just posted yesterday  it may be the soon beginning of a great revival coming! In that ( revival)  I hold my hope for the future of our young. To think God may have such a revival planned for this spring, wow will that not be something to live to see, eh? Maybe much of the revival will occur and be spread via TikTok?

That which some intend for evil God can use for good for those that believe on Jesus as Lord, God, and personal savior.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,275
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

I listened this morning to the premise that  TikTok could shutdown 173 million cellphones if the Chinese government ordered them to do it. If cell phones are so easy to corrupt then perhaps most any app can be used by any entity to shutdown all cell phones. Not TikTok's fault if that is so.

Somebody is selling fear, I wonder who? Who does want to grab the massive money maker TikTok at a bargain price? And just what use do they intent to put TikTok to if it can do so much damage so easily?

I think they are wanting control of what is seen on TikTok, and that's why they are pushing for it to be sold. China controls the algorithms that decide what comes up on each person's feed.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,246
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

"Does China really gain from knowing  me, and of me, because of something Tik Tok may know of me?"

Banning it why "Chinese government from getting access to user data and influence Americans". I watched some and even  Congressmen break down just where and who owns TikToK vs what TicTok on their site tell you.  You end up asking "ok then why are they really trying to ban it? If one wanted to stop China banning TicTok would not be on the list. I've never used it don't watch it .. tried but way to much.. just awful. I have watched the Chinese version "Douyin" and its nothing like TicTok.  My wife is 1st gen Chinese.. hey wait.. maybe I need to see if shes selling our info to China! Sorry just had to haha. 

In my searching  over the past few years "evidence" was said to be there yet oddly today.. like none. Montana banned it. Its so odd to me well its no threat.  Just take Facebook/Apple been hacked. Apple 2.6billion personal records compromised by data breaches in past two years. That was Dec 2023. Haha and sure Facebook/Apple never share our info.. sure why not. 

So all this is just yawn. It wont stop the app in America. I have (Samsung now)  a Huawei  phone that was is banned, you could not buy in the USA and it worked great. Another one of those "no real hard evidence". Yet I doubt the our Gov would be sharing all they really knew. ANYWAY.

I thought they would be banning some of the awful content kids can see yet oddly nope.