• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/20/2024 at 6:37 AM, Starise said:

How have you heard the "voice" of God?

Do events steer you? Do people steer you? Does an internal leaning steer you ? Presumably the voice of God.

When have you heard His voice the loudest, and  have you maybe wondered at times if he was there at all? 

I won't share details, but I "see" what God is speaking to me.

I prayed like a prophet, and He granted me the insight of a prophet. He has shown things to me, and guided me to through Scripture to find Him and to have validation for the "Word" He has given me.

I took Him at His Word... He has a standing invitation for anyone to ask for wisdom, understanding, insight, and the "hidden things."

Through this, He has taught me to discern between scripture and manmade interpretations of scripture. 

I used to suffer thinking He is sometimes not there... After getting to know Him, I've realized He's always with me, but sometimes just silent unless I'm actively seeking Him.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  461
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

God has spoken to me a few times and each time, it's as if I heard it or read it and the info arrived in my brain via those means but without having audibly heard or read it. I will obtain the understanding as if I heard it or will see the letters in my brain. They are in complete sentences. 

Here are some things He told me:

1. 'The devil is using alcohol to get into your life.'

2. "God doesn't want you to read your horoscopes". (Both before I got saved).

3. 'Thewhitedove, EVERYTHING you tell me is precious!' (The tone was very, very encouraging and adamant)

4. A dream with dialogue: I was standing and a voice over my right shoulder said 3 things:

1. The Holy Spirit is protecting [husband's name] because of you.

2. Stop fixating how you're not spreading the Gospel enough and work on your relationship with Jesus first.

3. (I was shown a tsunami coming my way.) The voice said: 'The tsunami won't touch you'. 

When I woke up, my husband told me he had a change of heart over a very major decision over night. It turned out be very a very blessed decision!!!!Every time I panicked during this time, I remembered how the tsunami wouldn't touch me, and it didn't. 

5.Recently I was asking God to stop a situation that I've found stressful. He said 'Endure just a little longer'.

6. Yesterday I went for a walk and prayed about the same thing and He said 'Everything is going to be fine. Hold on'.

I've also had lots of dreams with no words as well as experiences with the Rhema word when the Scripture came alive.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,863
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, RdJ said:

That first text is about the book Revelation.

His Word is sealed? Daniel is sealed until the end time.

The gift of prophecy and words of wisdom never ceased.

There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.
I Corinthians 12:4‭-‬11 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/1co.12.4-11.NKJV

How is it then, brethren? Whenever you come together, each of you has a psalm, has a teaching, has a tongue, has a revelation, has an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification. If anyone speaks in a tongue, let there be two or at the most three, each in turn, and let one interpret. But if there is no interpreter, let him keep silent in church, and let him speak to himself and to God. Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others judge. But if anything is revealed to another who sits by, let the first keep silent. For you can all prophesy one by one, that all may learn and all may be encouraged.
I Corinthians 14:26‭-‬31 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/1co.14.26-31.NKJV

“If you love Me, keep My commandments. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
John 14:15‭, ‬26 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/jhn.14.15-26.NKJV

“I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.
John 16:12‭-‬15 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/jhn.16.12-15.NKJV

God can say something else than a Bible text, but He will never go against His Word and you have to test it.

For instance he warns you or encourages you or you get a word via someone else. I had for instance forced demonic thoughts for years. My mother went to a guy who had the gift of prophecy. He sent me a letter. He did not know what was the matter. He did not know me. He said some other stuff and: I am not susceptible to lies and accusations from the enemy. I declare you free in My love. And that was that. I believed it and instantly the torment was gone. It's also in the Bible. He who the Son sets free is free indeed, but just reading the Bible or getting prayer hadn't helped me.

Once my dad joined us with Christmas. He was atheist. He and my mom had fights because we all got saved and he had said to her: Your God ruins my marriage! We went to a church we normally never went to cause his mother visited, to do her a favor he joined. LOL during the kids playing some Christmas play that pastor who has the gift of prophecy or words of wisdom, I dont even know what is what, said very loud in this huuuge church: God does not ruin marriages!!

@RdJ Greetings. Bellow I copy and paste that first text from the book of Revelation. 

I have His Word and that is all that is needed... if it comes some other way I know it is suspect by that very instance of way it comes... as God says His Word is sealed

Revelation 22:18-19 (KJV)

[18] For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

▪︎ More than one issue is born from the brother's statement above. To set the first one and the most obvious is whether or not the words in Revelation 22:18-19 were said about the Revelations the Glorious Jesus Christ gave to John when He appeared to Him at his old age after all other disciples of the twelve were not living anymore, at the Island of Patmos while he was there on exiled and couldn't leave the Island. For that and other reasons the Super Glorious Jesus asked John to write down everything he told him and he had witnessed for He made it known to John that he would not live the Island and that he will die there, as the answer to John's prayers or to the prayers of the saints of the other churches who were praying for his freedom from exile. And that's where Jesus went to meet him.

Before the words in Revelation 22:18-19 were spoken to John Jesus had said to him before to write everything down just like in a letter and send it by someone else to be read as an open letter to the churches in chapter two and three. So John wrote the letter with fear and trembling not to add anything to the words of prophecy because he was given the warning in chapter 22:18-19. And someone deliver the sealed letter to the churches together with the warning in chapter 22:18-19 who with fear of the warning they read the letter which included the instructions to the churches in chapter two and three. The instructions did not say do not make copies only not to add anything or omit anything or change anything when they make copies but to copy it word for word to make only truth copies. The warning applied to them also to the copy makers. This is regarding the warning and to whom applied at first and to others after John. Because first applied to John as to know that John also was under the warning the first one under the threat of the warning and to help us accept that he followed the guidance of Jesus and he did not add or omit anything. And to the leaders of the churches to compel them to read to their congregation everything written in the letter even if it did not compliment them. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,104
  • Content Per Day:  9.70
  • Days Won:  149

2 hours ago, RdJ said:

God can say something else than a Bible text, but He will never go against His Word and you have to test it.

This ^^^^^

3 hours ago, enoob57 said:

I have His Word and that is all that is needed... if it comes some other way I know it is suspect by that very instance of way it comes... as God says His Word is sealed

Revelation 22:18-19 (KJV)

[18] For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

[19] And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

and that it is sufficient for everything we face here

2 Timothy 3:15 (KJV)

[15] And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

[17] That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

It is a simple matter to understand> The Scripture is the only thing God has directed us to that can be trusted... nothing else! John 17
https://www.gotquestions.org/sufficiency-of-Scripture.html

So if you need guidance for a life decision I am curious how you arrive at specific answers?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,104
  • Content Per Day:  9.70
  • Days Won:  149

2 hours ago, Indentured Servant said:

I won't share details, but I "see" what God is speaking to me.

I prayed like a prophet, and He granted me the insight of a prophet. He has shown things to me, and guided me to through Scripture to find Him and to have validation for the "Word" He has given me.

I took Him at His Word... He has a standing invitation for anyone to ask for wisdom, understanding, insight, and the "hidden things."

Through this, He has taught me to discern between scripture and manmade interpretations of scripture. 

I used to suffer thinking He is sometimes not there... After getting to know Him, I've realized He's always with me, but sometimes just silent unless I'm actively seeking Him.

There is another level and it seems you have found it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,229
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

RDJ "God can say something else than a Bible text, but He will never go against His Word and you have to test it."

This made me laugh. Well so many years ago you kinda get caught up with it has to be word for word in the bible or its not God. As if that book was all God could ever say. I'm sure most here have read some verse or word so many times and even looked it up in the original text and yet He shows you something that you can't explain how you never saw it before. Make sense?  But yeah I agree Rdj

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,225
  • Content Per Day:  7.08
  • Days Won:  99

3 minutes ago, TheBlade said:

RDJ "God can say something else than a Bible text, but He will never go against His Word and you have to test it."

This made me laugh. Well so many years ago you kinda get caught up with it has to be word for word in the bible or its not God. As if that book was all God could ever say. I'm sure most here have read some verse or word so many times and even looked it up in the original text and yet He shows you something that you can't explain how you never saw it before. Make sense?  But yeah I agree Rdj

Agreed, my friend. How many feel pressure to conform to the tyrannical beliefs of others? That what they experience must agree with --- or be agreeable to --- those who position themselves to judge every single thing they do or say? So long as the proper obeisance is paid to the empty beliefs of those judges, other "slights" can be overlooked. 

I've witnessed the above play out over and over again which is why so many choose to remain silent. They are terrified of openly confessing that the Lord God is a Person; that the Lord is pleased to reveal Himself to the simple of heart and humble in spirit; and that He does indeed speak to one with ears to hear. Yes, and He inclines His ear toward those who know that He speaks and works even now. 

I marvel at some who refuse to believe that the Lord is here with us today. He is indeed. 

• Well Said! 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

It's rare that God speaks to me other than a thought or a Bible text, that I really hear Him speak, but it happened when I divorced for the 2nd time and I had been reading online about marriage and divorce and this one said this and that one said that. It was a mess. I really didn't know anymore. So I asked Him: Do I have to go back to my first ex (who didnt want that), 2nd ex (who tried to choke me and the whole relationship was sin) or can I marry someone else?

He said: Marry Me. Time is short. They were marrying and giving into marriage.

I said: If You really want that I want to see Your face.

That night I had a dream of Jesus and me on a sail ship and He was the Captain. I saw His face behind 2 wooden things from that ship, that looked like a cross.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,282
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

5 hours ago, Starise said:

This ^^^^^

So if you need guidance for a life decision I am curious how you arrive at specific answers?

Searching the Scriptures and prayer and waiting upon God to reveal it to me...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  4.39
  • Days Won:  1

Edited by D. Adrien
having problems