IGNORED

A WIFE MUST SUBMIT TO HER HUSBAND AS THE CHURCH IS SUBMITTED TO THE LORD.

Born4Jesus

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

8 hours ago, other one said:

Part of the context of this scripture carries with it the duties of the Husband also.   He is to love his wife as Jesus loved the church....   That would be putting her needs ahead of his consistently.  He should be ready to let a dozen or so big buys beat him half to death and then hang him on a tree for her.   He should do all things in this life for her benefit, as Jesus did ours. I can't imagine any woman not submitting to someone like that. 

Yeah the man's part is a lot harder. But not all men do that and then you still have to obey. My dad was not saved. When we got saved he ran away to an old female friend from school. My mom fasted and prayed 3 days and he came back. He hated it there. He has hit her once or twice when she had the nerve to tell his dad that he had to get saved. He could be nasty to her and she asked God to change him and God said: You change. She had to obey him and forgive and bless. He said he first had to believe in her before he could believe in God. She did that. She laid down her life. But to be fair he wasn't some drug addicted mooch. He did a lot for her too. But he got saved thanks to her.

Her dad saved Jews and had to go to a concentration camp, which was so bad that afterwards he became an alcoholic and when he was mad they were all afraid of him and my mom was the youngest and his sweet little girl and they would push her to go to him while in such an agressive mood to 'make daddy happy again". Her mother didn't divorce him. He also got saved before he died.

Edited by RdJ
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

Both the husband the wife have an obligation to obey God first.  Also, both the husband and wife should value and honor each other as God intended.  When it comes to obedience a wife should respect and honor her husbands request as long as they are within God's will and commandments. God always comes first.  A good example of this type of disobedience is Isaac and Rebeka.   Isaac wanted to bless Esau his firstborn but Rebeka knew that God intended to bless Jacob and therefor misled and even disobeyed Isaac's wishes to ensure the blessing went to Jacob as God intended.

I agree that you don't have to obey when he goes against God and for instance tries to force you to abort (I remarried, which was a sin but whatever and he said he wanted no kids anymore and then a week married: I want a baby of my own! So I was like: oh now I can't be selfish, but my ex got me sterilized, so I would have to get it reversed, which I did not want, but you're married now and can't be selfish and decide no, so I wanted to get it reversed. Lol but he was atheist and he said: yes but then you have to get a 20 weeks check, because if it has Down syndrom, those have no right to live. Oh. Okay. Thank You God! I may not kill, so I won't have to get more kids! And thank you ex, cause I first was stupid enough to get another kid.

Anyway I don't think Rebecca was in the right. She could have just prayed that God would stop him. He could also stop Balaam.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, RdJ said:

Yeah the man's part is a lot harder. But not all men do that and then you still have to obey.

If he is abusive, I don't think a wife has to obey. I personally consider it to be unfaithful when the husband does not fulfill his Christ given duties.

1 hour ago, other one said:

If he is abusive, I don't think a wife has to obey. I personally consider it to be unfaithful when the husband does not fulfill his Christ given duties.

If he is really abusive I believe she may leave, but they call everything abuse these days.

https://www.bethinking.org/bible/bible-scandals/5-marital-abuse

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, RdJ said:

Anyway I don't think Rebecca was in the right. She could have just prayed that God would stop him. He could also stop Balaam.

She was in the right because God had already spoke to her that Jacob was going to receive the blessing instead of Esau. 

And not only so, but also when Rebekah had conceived children by one man, our forefather Isaac, though they were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad...she was told, "The older will serve the younger." As it is written, "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated." [Rom 9:10-13] 

And Isaac prayed to the LORD for his wife, because she was barren. And the LORD granted his prayer, and Rebekah his wife conceived. The children struggled together within her, and she said, "If it is thus, why is this happening to me?" So she went to inquire of the LORD. And the LORD said to her, "Two nations are in your womb, and two peoples from within you shall be divided; the one shall be stronger than the other, the older shall serve the younger." [Gen 25:21-23 ESV]

Plus, Esau sold his birth right to Jacob.

She was being obedient to God.  And yes she could have prayed for God to intervene but often chooses to work though people.  In the same way David could have prayed for God to defeat Goliath without ever facing Goliath in battle but that was not the case.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

11 hours ago, Born4Jesus said:

I am very sorry for keeping silent. Indeed, I was unable to retrieve my topics until now. I am sorry agaon.

Well, I totallu agree with you. And the reason why I mentioned Christian because this is for the one who is God's child. The Bible says so in Romans 8:14 'GOD’S WORD Translation): "Certainly, all who are guided by God’s Spirit are God’s children."

I mean whoever is led by the Holy Spirit, of course. A Christian husband annot push his wife to sin not a Christian wife push her husband to sin. 

I think I understood what you meantand that my response did not offend anyone.

Thank you, I understand you now.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.62

On 3/20/2024 at 9:15 AM, Born4Jesus said:

EPHESIANS 5:22-24 (GOD’S WORD Translation)

22 Wives, place yourselves under your husbands’ authority as you have placed yourselves under the Lord’s authority.
23 The husband is the head of his wife as Christ is the head of the church. It is his body, and he is its Savior.
24 As the church is under Christ’s authority, so wives are under their husbands’ authority in everything.

We are Christians and then we need to submit to the Word of God . Otherwise we do not belong to Jesus Christ.
As some preachers say, God knows that it is difficult for a woman to be submitted and so He gave such a commandment.

The Bible talks to Christians so we all know what we must do in order to get married.

No Christian man has to require submission from another Christian woman before they get married because they are both God's chrildren and tey knwo what He wants for them.

1 CORINTHIANS 11:8-9 (GOD’S WORD Translation)
8 Clearly, man wasn’t made from woman but woman from man.
9 Man wasn’t created for woman but woman for man.

No Christian wife can rebel to her husband because God rebellion means disobeys God.

Yes wives are commanded by God to obey their husbands. However they are not commanded to sin, so if their husband asks them to sin, they have a duty to God to disobey. Also remember husbands are commanded to love their wives as Christ loves the church. Any husband who abused his wife or asks her to do something wrong is not loving her. Husbands WILL have to give an account to God on how they treated and loved their wives. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.36
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.13
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

On 3/20/2024 at 1:07 PM, Slibhin said:

Let's stay in our lane friend.

Jews have a saying "G-d counts a wife's tears".

As a condition of marriage my husband had to follow Halakha on any matter then concerned me or us. he had to keep kosher, observe shabbat, respect the times he's not allowed to touch me and so on. This also means as the wife I am in charge of our children's upbringing, meaning our children would be raised Jewish until they were old enough to make their own decisions.

Under Halakha, Jewish law, a husband has many responsibilities and duties to his wife. My duties, in a nut shell, were to make him happy. I could also, if I chose, release him from his obligations as a husband in which case I could do whatever I wanted without his say so. The only caveat is a husband released from his obligations is no longer required to financially support his wife.

We are not our husband's doormat or servant, and a mistreated wife can simply leave.

Don't the wives of priests shave their heads and wear wigs?

The apostle Paul seems to be reflecting on this, while extending

instructions to married couples in Christ.

What are your views on these comments, which seem to 

have a more spiritual concern, not just social.

1 Corinthians 11:

3 But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. 

4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonors his head. 

5 But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, for that is one and the same as if her head were shaved. 

6 For if a woman is not covered, let her also be shorn. But if it is shameful for a woman to be shorn or shaved, let her be covered. 

7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man. 

8 For man is not from woman, but woman from man. 

9 Nor was man created for the woman, but woman for the man. 

10 For this reason the woman ought to have a symbol

of authority on her head, because of the angels.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

13 hours ago, RdJ said:

Yeah the man's part is a lot harder. But not all men do that and then you still have to obey. My dad was not saved. When we got saved he ran away to an old female friend from school. My mom fasted and prayed 3 days and he came back. He hated it there. He has hit her once or twice when she had the nerve to tell his dad that he had to get saved. He could be nasty to her and she asked God to change him and God said: You change. She had to obey him and forgive and bless. He said he first had to believe in her before he could believe in God. She did that. She laid down her life. But to be fair he wasn't some drug addicted mooch. He did a lot for her too. But he got saved thanks to her.

Her dad saved Jews and had to go to a concentration camp, which was so bad that afterwards he became an alcoholic and when he was mad they were all afraid of him and my mom was the youngest and his sweet little girl and they would push her to go to him while in such an agressive mood to 'make daddy happy again". Her mother didn't divorce him. He also got saved before he died.

You just told my testimony!  Wow,. Hard to believe they could be so similar.  The more I prayed for him to change the more God changed me.  He didn't say it, He just did it.  It took 4 years for God to make me the wife that my husband needed.  We were married for 54 years.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.36
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.13
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

15 hours ago, Born4Jesus said:

If I understod well, I posted two different topics. One just intended for women as we are discussing here and another just intended for men. I len there is another referring ti Ephesians 5:25-33.

Interesting that you have posted that way, since most

responses reflect on the mutual nature of responsibility!

1 Peter 3:

1 Wives, likewise, be submissive to your own husbands, that even if some do not obey the word, they, without a word, may be won by the conduct of their wives, 

2 when they observe your chaste conduct accompanied by fear. 

3 Do not let your adornment be merely outward—arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel— 

4 rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God. 

5 For in this manner, in former times, the holy women who trusted in God also adorned themselves, being submissive to their own husbands, 

6 as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, whose daughters you are if you do good and are not afraid with any terror.

Any thoughts on why Sarah would address Abraham Lord?

Peter goes on to say that daughters of Abraham should follow that example.

Again, the spiritual component must come out, this is not simply about social customs.

7 Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding, giving honor to the wife, as to the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers may not be hindered.

Combine this with Paul's statement:

1 Corinthians 11:10 For this cause ought the woman to have power (authority) on her head because of the angels.

This should bring to our attention that a wife, in particular, who submits to her husband in obedience to the Word of God are the most powerful of prayer warriors.

Whenever the submission of wives comes up, many women fire back the husband's obligations, which many men quickly acknowledge as evident. Here is the problem with this almost stereotypical discussion:

I have heard countless times women state that they will submit to their husbands when they start acting like godly men. As if their obedience comes in measure to the faithfulness of the men in godly pursuits. 

The fatal flaw becomes obvious; which is easier, to submit in obedience to God's Word and have an open channel to the Throne by which she can empower her husband?

Or go on in rebellion and watch the husband fail. 

My view is that the woman is in the more powerful position spiritually, especially if they expect the man to fulfill his obligations to his family, which involves more direct dealings with the world, at least in the "traditional" roles, which women gleefully undermine in the world, and in most churches in the world.