IGNORED

Why is there so much about the end times throughout the bible?

luigi

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  0

Why does the Lord use people thousands of years ago to provide information of the end times, when in many cases it wasn't relevant to the times it was provided? Example: When Daniel asks of the angel as to the meaning of the visions shown him in Daniel 11 and 12, the angel tells Daniel to go on his way, as the information was sealed until the time of the end when it would then be unsealed (Daniel 12:8-9), and those inquiring of these data throughout the world would then increase in knowledge about what they mean (Daniel 12:4). And this is just one example. In the book of Isaiah, the vast majority of data appears to be about the end times.

Daniel 12:8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things? 9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

Daniel 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  464
  • Content Per Day:  4.55
  • Days Won:  1

Because prophecy is one proof of the Eternal speaking truth! So that there would be unfulfilled prophecies throughout the church era for Christians to look back and see prophecies fulfilled and be encouraged to know other unfulfilled prophecies will come to pass.

2Pet. 1: 20-21 (ESV)

knowing this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone’s own interpretation. For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

Edit: This one especially: Rev.19:10

Then I fell down at his feet to worship him, but he said to me, “You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God.” For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Edited by D. Adrien
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,670
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

Hey, what ever you do don’t eat the apple!

Hey, don’t disobey your God, 

Hey, don’t worship any other God,

Hey, don’t run with sissors,

Hey, don’t think I have come to abolish the law,

Hey, don’t eat yellow snow,

Hey, don’t grieve the Holy Spirit,

Hey, don’t put pineapple on your pizza,

Hey, honor the Sabbath to keep it holy….

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,859
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, D. Adrien said:

Because prophecy is one proof of the Eternal speaking truth! So that there would be unfulfilled prophecies throughout the church era for Christians to look back and see prophecies fulfilled and be encouraged to know other unfulfilled prophecies will come to pass.

2Pet. 1: 20-21 (ESV)

knowing this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone’s own interpretation. For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

Edit: This one especially: Rev.19:10

Then I fell down at his feet to worship him, but he said to me, “You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God.” For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

It's interesting what Peter said that men spoke from the Holy Spirit. It's like the prophetic statements that build the profile of Jesus Christ. When Jesus said that in the volume of the book is written about me and he proceeded to explain that to the two disciples on the road to Emmaus. And at that time they did not have the New Testament all together. Because Jesus Christ made that statement right after his resurrection. Not even a day after his resurrection. 

About referring to the revelation 19:10, in that context John is not prophesied, he is just describing what was shown to him and what he experienced. He fell down to worship the angel and at that time he found out that he was not a Heavenly Angel but someone who had the Testimony of Jesus a fellow Servant like you and your brothers. That was a factual testimony that it was revealed to John that the one who was showing things to him was a fellow Servant like him and your brothers. Who has the Testimony of Jesus. Is he telling John that one time before he died he was a fellow Servant like a disciple of Jesus Christ just like John and the other disciples who have the testimony of Jesus Christ. Like him and the other disciples he was also like one of them before he died and that's where he is now and it was given to him to show those things to John. John was certainly surprised believing that an Angel from God was speaking to him and then to find out that it was someone who was a disciples of Jesus a Servant of Jesus just like him, John and the other disciples. This is a factual situation and it was not a future situation but something that had happened already. He said I have the Testimony of Jesus what I am telling you is from Jesus Christ. The one John was talking with was a Man a Servant of Jesus Christ just like him and the other disciples in his glory given to him from Jesus Christ after his death.  It was not an Angelic Creature like the Archangel Gabriel who was a Heavenly Angel. He did not identified himself with his earthly name and neither with his Heavenly name.  Only that I am a fellow Servant with you and your brothers. Definitely not one of those John knew. We do not know more but we know that he was a man with the testimony of Jesus. But now he was in Heaven and after he had died. He said "I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers also a Man with the testimony of Jesus Christ. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  464
  • Content Per Day:  4.55
  • Days Won:  1

10 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

It's interesting what Peter said that men spoke from the Holy Spirit. It's like the prophetic statements that build the profile of Jesus Christ. When Jesus said that in the volume of the book is written about me and he proceeded to explain that to the two disciples on the road to Emmaus. And at that time they did not have the New Testament all together. Because Jesus Christ made that statement right after his resurrection. Not even a day after his resurrection. 

About referring to the revelation 19:10, in that context John is not prophesied, he is just describing what was shown to him and what he experienced. He fell down to worship the angel and at that time he found out that he was not a Heavenly Angel but someone who had the Testimony of Jesus a fellow Servant like you and your brothers. That was a factual testimony that it was revealed to John that the one who was showing things to him was a fellow Servant like him and your brothers. Who has the Testimony of Jesus. Is he telling John that one time before he died he was a fellow Servant like a disciple of Jesus Christ just like John and the other disciples who have the testimony of Jesus Christ. Like him and the other disciples he was also like one of them before he died and that's where he is now and it was given to him to show those things to John. John was certainly surprised believing that an Angel from God was speaking to him and then to find out that it was someone who was a disciples of Jesus a Servant of Jesus just like him, John and the other disciples. This is a factual situation and it was not a future situation but something that had happened already. He said I have the Testimony of Jesus what I am telling you is from Jesus Christ. The one John was talking with was a Man a Servant of Jesus Christ just like him and the other disciples in his glory given to him from Jesus Christ after his death.  It was not an Angelic Creature like the Archangel Gabriel who was a Heavenly Angel. He did not identified himself with his earthly name and neither with his Heavenly name.  Only that I am a fellow Servant with you and your brothers. Definitely not one of those John knew. We do not know more but we know that he was a man with the testimony of Jesus. But now he was in Heaven and after he had died. He said "I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers also a Man with the testimony of Jesus Christ. 

Scriptures also say that the Angels are servants of the most high God.

Heb. 1:14 (ESV), Are they not all ministering spirits sent out to serve for the sake of those who are to inherit salvation? 

And 1 Pet. 1:10-12, Concerning this salvation, the prophets who prophesied about the grace that was to be yours searched and inquired carefully, inquiring what person or time the Spirit of Christ in them was indicating when he predicted the sufferings of Christ and the subsequent glories. It was revealed to them that they were serving not themselves but you, in the things that have now been announced to you through those who preached the good news to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven, things into which angels long to look.

They must serve or minister to both God and Man as directed. They also ministered to Jesus after his trial in the wilderness.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,859
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

3 minutes ago, D. Adrien said:

Scriptures also say that the Angels are servants of the most high God.

Heb. 1:14 (ESV), Are they not all ministering spirits sent out to serve for the sake of those who are to inherit salvation? 

And 1 Pet. 1:10-12, Concerning this salvation, the prophets who prophesied about the grace that was to be yours searched and inquired carefully, inquiring what person or time the Spirit of Christ in them was indicating when he predicted the sufferings of Christ and the subsequent glories. It was revealed to them that they were serving not themselves but you, in the things that have now been announced to you through those who preached the good news to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven, things into which angels long to look.

They must serve or minister to both God and Man as directed. They also ministered to Jesus after his trial in the wilderness.

I am familiar about the Angels and are not just ministry spirits they also have powers to bring their mission to pass. Like the Angel at Sodoma and Gomorrah. He brought the destruction after Lot and his family was safe. And he cause the people not to see them and they escaped. The Archangel Gabriel who  not only bring to Mary the message from God but also was in charge of protecting them and told them what Herod plan to do and he went with them protecting them to Egypt and he brought them back safe. An his job was to protect them, nothing to happen to them.

And Peter and the Angel whom God sent to take him out from prison. To your comment that it was John and one of the Angels who is a servant as John as the other disciples were because he said: I am a Servant like you and your brothers with the testimony of Jesus. That he is in the Service of Jesus Christ. That the Angels were in service to Jesus Christ. They were Servants to Jesus like John and the other disciples were. And he was telling John not to worship the Angels but to worship God only. That I accept that He was an Angel and not a man. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Now I understand that he only said "I am a Servant with you and your brothers all Servants of Jesus Christ. It is as if he is telling John that Jesus has been glorified in Heaven and that the Angels know that and are now in his Service. That they are in the Service of Jesus Christ. And the point also was not to worship Angels and not to be afraid of them because they are Holy Angels. To worship God only and not the Angels. God bless. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  3,049
  • Content Per Day:  3.32

9 hours ago, luigi said:

Why does the Lord use people thousands of years ago to provide information of the end times, when in many cases it wasn't relevant to the times it was provided? Example: When Daniel asks of the angel as to the meaning of the visions shown him in Daniel 11 and 12, the angel tells Daniel to go on his way, as the information was sealed until the time of the end when it would then be unsealed (Daniel 12:8-9), and those inquiring of these data throughout the world would then increase in knowledge about what they mean (Daniel 12:4). And this is just one example. In the book of Isaiah, the vast majority of data appears to be about the end times.

Daniel 12:8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things? 9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

Daniel 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Maybe a reason is that man can have HOPE. Things looked pretty bleak for Adam and Eve, especially when they saw the body of Abel and knew that death was final. Things looked pretty bleak for millions of men, women and children as the heavens opened at Noah's time. Things look bleak for mankind in general and Israel in particular. Paul spends three Chapters of Romans on Israel's recovery because everybody know that they have shunned faith in Messiah and God has CONCLUDED them in unbelief. Romans 11:24 onward better be right.

Abraham is faithful because in just a few sentences he learns that he will inherit Canaan for an "everlasting possession" but will die. How is that possible? Up to then there was no word of resurrection! And this brings us to the essence of prophecy - God's HONOR. He has made some astounding promises. Prophecy has been correctly, accurately and literally fulfilled up to now, so even the most fainthearted of us has got good reason to believe that sin and death will not always abide - not to forget God's just vengeance.

• Well Said! 2

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  1.03

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, AdHoc said:

Maybe a reason is that man can have HOPE. Things looked pretty bleak for Adam and Eve, especially when they saw the body of Abel and knew that death was final. Things looked pretty bleak for millions of men, women and children as the heavens opened at Noah's time. Things look bleak for mankind in general and Israel in particular. Paul spends three Chapters of Romans on Israel's recovery because everybody know that they have shunned faith in Messiah and God has CONCLUDED them in unbelief. Romans 11:24 onward better be right.

Abraham is faithful because in just a few sentences he learns that he will inherit Canaan for an "everlasting possession" but will die. How is that possible? Up to then there was no word of resurrection! And this brings us to the essence of prophecy - God's HONOR. He has made some astounding promises. Prophecy has been correctly, accurately and literally fulfilled up to now, so even the most fainthearted of us has got good reason to believe that sin and death will not always abide - not to forget God's just vengeance.

In my opinion, one reason why there is so much of the end times throughout the bible, is that if this data were to have emerged within the last century or two, it would have been derided and disregarded as if from some lunatic individuals. So these prophesies coming to us from about 2000 to 3000 years ago from multiple authors, eliminates collusion, and also provides greater credibility.

Edited by luigi

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,412
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

21 hours ago, D. Adrien said:

Completely agreed. It creates ripples that can go across hundreds or even thousands of years. Unbelievers can look at it and stop to consider that maybe the Bible shouldn't be dismissed, and Christians can be encouraged in it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  3,049
  • Content Per Day:  3.32

13 hours ago, luigi said:

In my opinion, one reason why there is so much of the end times throughout the bible, is that if this data were to have emerged within the last century or two, it would have been derided and disregarded as if from some lunatic individuals. So these prophesies coming to us from about 2000 to 3000 years ago from multiple authors, eliminates collusion, and also provides greater credibility.

Yes. This could be. The Jews were flattened by the accuracy of Isaiah concerning Christ's first coming. And history scholars are astounded at Daniel. But no one was aghast more than Cyrus when he occupied Babylon and found a foreign people there with a book written 150 years before with his name, spelt correctly, written as conqueror.

• Thumbs Up 1