IGNORED

Focus on How God Sees Things (including us)!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,506
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

This morning God impressed something on me from two devotionals.  One said this: "The authority of darkness is a very real thing to us. We have experiences, and if we were to capitulate to them, that would be the end of us. He tries to bring upon us that impingement of the authority of darkness, and if we surrender to it, capitulate to it, accept it, we are beaten." (from T. Auston Sparks, "The Centrality and Supremacy of the Lord Jesus Christ")  It went on to say that through our environments and feelings, Satan will try to put these things above Christ and who we are in Him.

Then the second devotional (copied below) talked about how important it is that we always look to Christ in everything.  This is because, as Colossians 2:9 says, we "have been made full in Him!"  So what is critical and needed is that we always endeavor to view ourselves as God does, and speak that reality to ourselves and others in the body of Christ!

God's Estimate of Things

"For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; and you have been made full in Him, who is the head of all principality and power." Colossians 2:9-10

If God's estimate of things is centered in His Son so that all the fullness of the Godhead dwells in Him, then who am I to challenge God about what is important in my life? I surely do not want to go after something other than Him. It is God who said that the fullness dwells in Him. Are we going to challenge God's interpretation of our life? Do we think we need something more than Christ? A better husband? A better wife? A better job? A better environment? Better security? Do not challenge God. God says, "In Him dwells all the fullness." And not only so, "You have been made full in Him." What contentment! What satisfaction! I might be deprived in my outward circumstances. I might even be tried to the limit, but I have a Christ in me who is rich and all-sufficient. He is my fullness and my satisfaction.

Because Paul knew Christ as his fullness and his satisfaction, he could be in prison and talk about always rejoicing (Phil. 4:4). He could pray, sing, and praise the Lord in the midst of suffering, because his understanding was so full and rich with Christ (Acts 16:24-25). The "full assurance of understanding" and "the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord" were constantly ushering Paul into more and more experiences of Christ in his daily life (Col. 2:2; Phil. 3:7-8).

(from "The Supplied Life" by B. Freeman)

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

Posted (edited)

When Paul wrote about the Colossians scriptures he must have understood something very unique that The Heavenly Father from the beginning of the world had decided to rule the world through Jesus Christ in the same way he had decided to judge the world through Jesus Christ and many other things as to make Jesus Christ above all which includes that the Heavenly also were under his authority and not only that but he was given all authority in all the things under the earth. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,422
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

Psalm 139:14 is something that's always stood out to me and seems indicative of how we should view ourselves: "I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well."

There's a lot to be impressed by, like all the intricacies of how our minds and bodies work and the artistry behind crafting our personalities. Be impressed by it, but give God His due credit for it.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  3,072
  • Content Per Day:  3.29

On 5/8/2024 at 9:32 PM, Vine Abider said:

This morning God impressed something on me from two devotionals.  One said this: "The authority of darkness is a very real thing to us. We have experiences, and if we were to capitulate to them, that would be the end of us. He tries to bring upon us that impingement of the authority of darkness, and if we surrender to it, capitulate to it, accept it, we are beaten." (from T. Auston Sparks, "The Centrality and Supremacy of the Lord Jesus Christ")  It went on to say that through our environments and feelings, Satan will try to put these things above Christ and who we are in Him.

Then the second devotional (copied below) talked about how important it is that we always look to Christ in everything.  This is because, as Colossians 2:9 says, we "have been made full in Him!"  So what is critical and needed is that we always endeavor to view ourselves as God does, and speak that reality to ourselves and others in the body of Christ!

God's Estimate of Things

"For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; and you have been made full in Him, who is the head of all principality and power." Colossians 2:9-10

If God's estimate of things is centered in His Son so that all the fullness of the Godhead dwells in Him, then who am I to challenge God about what is important in my life? I surely do not want to go after something other than Him. It is God who said that the fullness dwells in Him. Are we going to challenge God's interpretation of our life? Do we think we need something more than Christ? A better husband? A better wife? A better job? A better environment? Better security? Do not challenge God. God says, "In Him dwells all the fullness." And not only so, "You have been made full in Him." What contentment! What satisfaction! I might be deprived in my outward circumstances. I might even be tried to the limit, but I have a Christ in me who is rich and all-sufficient. He is my fullness and my satisfaction.

Because Paul knew Christ as his fullness and his satisfaction, he could be in prison and talk about always rejoicing (Phil. 4:4). He could pray, sing, and praise the Lord in the midst of suffering, because his understanding was so full and rich with Christ (Acts 16:24-25). The "full assurance of understanding" and "the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord" were constantly ushering Paul into more and more experiences of Christ in his daily life (Col. 2:2; Phil. 3:7-8).

(from "The Supplied Life" by B. Freeman)

This always brings to mind how easily we can offend our God.

When Nicodemus met the Lord by night, he, as a top Pharisee, had come to get secret insight on how to improve. As an honest man, for he recognized Who the Savior was and he recognized his lack. But our Lord did not meet Nicodemus after this manner - the manner of self improvement. He met Nicodemus with the Tree of Life. He alluded to the Spirit blowing from, and then to, a mystery destination. Nicodemus should have known what He was talking about. He had the Torah and every student of Moses' writing should have settled one question very early in their search. The question is; What would have happened to Adam if he HAD eaten from the Tree of Life?

The answer is simple. A man IS WHAT HE EATS. Adam would have had the divine life of God in his human spirit. This divine life would have energized and regulated Adam - as Romans 8 tells us. But our Lord does not dwell on "what ifs". Adam case is what it is, and he ate from another Tree. Another fruit was in Adam and so our Lord alludes to Numbers 21. Israelites who sinned with their mouths, received a deadly poison in their veins. It was just a matter of time before a huge number of Israelites would die. A bronze serpent is made and hung on a wooden pole. The reader who is sloppy is relieved to learn of the healing of Israel. But he would be "dead" wrong. The Word of God does not say "healed". It says in Numbers 21:8 - "THEY LIVED". Nicodemus was about to learn that the issue is not being healed of our weakness by DOING something. The issue at hand is the change of an intrinsic nature.

John 20:30-31 gives the reason why John's gospel is written - that we might have LIFE. To fulfill God's duties for man, this man MUST BECOME PARTAKER OF THE DIVINE, OR ETERNAL LIFE. More rules would not help a wit. More Tables of Stone with Gods Law would only condemn more. Man needs the poison OUT and the Life of Christ IN. And although this life is had by the Spirit in our spirits (Jn.3:6, 4:24), it contains the whole human experience of Christ as motivated and energized by the divine life that was in Him. The name Jesus denotes a MAN. It is the name of a MAN. But right from His mother's womb He possessed His Father's life too. He had a DUAL NATURE and He regulated and energized His human life by what was intrinsically in Him - His Father's Life.

Our reasonable duty is not to keep any Laws. Not even the so-called "Moral Law" of God. Our reasonable duty is to turn inwardly to that which replaces the poison in our veins - the Law of LIFE IN CHRIST JESUS. It is not a set of written Laws that we must follow. Should you pay tithes or not? How long should a Christian woman's hair be? May I smoke tobacco? The answer is .. LIVE A LIFE. Not your life, but that new life that you obtains at a new birth that makes you a new creature with a new nature. A dog barks because of his nature. The Adamic nature is "at enmity with God". Why did Eve disobey? Because she had not eaten from the Tree of LIFE. Eve is tempted the same way that Jesus is. Both are presented something nice for the flesh. Both are given the chance to be famous. Both are offered something beautiful. But Jesus acted on His intrinsic nature. So did Eve. In Christ was the fullness of the Godhead BODILY. In Eve was a human appreciation of what was good for food, good to look upon and which would cause fame. Our Lord, though He hungered, could do God's will because He had God's WORDS. And His Words "ARE SPIRIT AND LIFE" (Jn.6:63)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,372
  • Content Per Day:  7.12
  • Days Won:  99

Blame it on Satan? Rest assured that the one who exalts himself above the Lord is man himself, not Satan. Man is not the plaything of forces beyond his control for if this was remotely true, then the Lord would not judge the dead according to their own works. The "cosmic plaything" called mankind was a common narrative in pagan mythos.

However, that's precisely what He shall do for it is not given for man to die and then be let off the hook because Satan manipulated him. It is given for man to die and then face judgment. 

As for those whose lives are hidden in Christ, we are the one who was vested with authority over ourselves with exceptions noted; organic disease (like dementia) and childhood are two such exceptions. Who, then, shall account for their works to the Lord in the end? Can we blame Satan for deceiving us? Remember what happened in the garden.

We cannot begin to perceive ourselves in the manner that the Lord does at this time, for there is no one and nothing like Him. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  487
  • Content Per Day:  4.13
  • Days Won:  1

Well, here is where someone needs to inject the required Isaiah quote into the conversation, it may as well be me. :)

Isa 55:6-11(ESV)

6“Seek the LORD while he may be found;
call upon him while he is near;
7let the wicked forsake his way,
and the unrighteous man his thoughts;
let him return to the LORD, that he may have compassion on him,
and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
8For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.
9For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

10“For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven
and do not return there but water the earth,
making it bring forth and sprout,
giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,
11so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth;
it shall not return to me empty,
but it shall accomplish that which I purpose,
and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.

God blesses the just and the unjust alike, (Mat. 5:45), so I don't believe a person can judge how God views the self simply by observing blessings received. Having a relationship with Jesus - even if it's a rocky one - is probably a more appropriate means of measuring where one stands with God.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

God doesn't see us through rose colored glasses, He sees us through blood covered glasses.  Once we receive Christ into our lives and His atoning death for our sins, He sees us as pure, cleansed, forgiven and justified by Christ's blood.  He makes us new creatures in Christ.  True, we die daily to the old man.  However, our names are written in the Lamb's book of life, we are indwelled by the Holy Spirit, and we have eternal life!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,452
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

No one knows when his next encounter with trials and troubles would come about or the good fortunes of the many things in life that we of the human race share in, e.g a daughter wedding, a job promotion and so much more. In between what holds a born again believer in utter faith that he is a forgiven sinner saved by th grace of God and not of his own works.   Our hearts holds treasures that only that individual knows of it and though we share in fellowship, it is as distinct relationship that the beliver stands on the promises of God and his daily walk.  He does not know of tommorow woes or joys, but of his eternal surety, that he is in constant praise and thanks for.  It is a blessings that he cherishes.

• Thumbs Up 1