• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

9 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Well I tried. I mean I went into hiding for a few days. Then someone quoted me on this post from way back in June and well.....bleah bleah you know the rest.

it just an opinion from another person,you know what you believe,who cares..

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, nebula said:

...but that it can open doors for people to seek out the real thing.

It can also open the door to evil spirits.  Do Christians kids really need this kind of fantasy?

And that is a perfectly valid quotation.  Someone did the research from a Christian perspective and exposed the Harry Potter series.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

22 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Someone did the research from a Christian perspective and exposed the Harry Potter series.

Sorry but frankly I find their research ridicules. No one is going to become a witch from reading Harry Potter anymore then becoming one from watching the Wizard of Oz.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

11 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Sorry but frankly I find their research ridicules. No one is going to become a witch from reading Harry Potter anymore then becoming one from watching the Wizard of Oz.

Evidently you do not take the realm of evil spirits seriously. They look for every avenue to access and influence humans, especially children. As we look around us and see the news being reported from all over the world, we see only the human aspect. But Scripture tells us that Christians are in a serious battle, and it is not with flesh and blood (Eph 6:12) but with powerful spirit beings.

We do not even know who actually controls J.K. Rowling and her writings. What we do know is that Christians are to have nothing to do with witchcraft (which includes drug abuse).

King James Bible (Galatians 5:20)
...Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,...

Strong's Concordance

pharmakeia: the use of medicine, drugs or spells

Original Word: φαρμακεία, ας, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: pharmakeia
Phonetic Spelling: (far-mak-i'-ah)
Short Definition: magic, sorcery, enchantment
Definition: magic, sorcery, enchantment.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, Ezra said:

Christians are to have nothing to do with witchcraft (which includes drug abuse).

Well I do agree that Christians should have nothing to do with witchcraft. Though I do not believe that Harry Potter is witchcraft. I am not sure why you through in drug abuse. But I also agree we should avoid that as well. I think J.K. Rowling  controls her own writing. I have watch movies and documentaries about her and I do not think that she as anything to do with real witchcraft.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

45 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Well I do agree that Christians should have nothing to do with witchcraft. Though I do not believe that Harry Potter is witchcraft. I am not sure why you through in drug abuse. But I also agree we should avoid that as well. I think J.K. Rowling  controls her own writing. I have watch movies and documentaries about her and I do not think that she as anything to do with real witchcraft.

That is your choice for diving into the world of Harry Potter. It is the magical world of wizardry, magical creatures,casting spells. Is Harry Potter a wizard or a warlock? Do you know what a warlock and a wizard are Lady? You might want to google the terms.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

3 hours ago, Ezra said:

Someone did the research from a Christian perspective and exposed the Harry Potter series.

The problem with researches like that is they sound good to the Christian ear but sound way off base and clueless to those who have actually read the series, as I pointed out previously. 

I have a question - do you have first hand knowledge or experience with witches or with the Harry Potter series, or is your opinion molded solely by what others have said about it?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

3 hours ago, Ezra said:

It can also open the door to evil spirits.  

How do you know?

What is your experience with demons?

What evidence do you have that a person was afflicted by an evil spirit from reading or watching HP?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Philippians 4:8  Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

4 hours ago, LadyKay said:

No one said anything about becoming a witch.  All you have to do is open the door a crack an evil rushes in. Satan is subtle and Harry Potter is just the type of thing he will use to captures kids minds.  Instead of keeping their minds on Jesus they want the fantasy of Harry Potter.  And really the Wizard Of Oz?  There is a huge difference.