hat_town21

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20
  • Days Won:  0

I have said, and always said, it is a race issue because when we look to the laws we see they are based upon racist notions. Once again, look to the number who have applied from each different nation and the percent that made it in. Up until the 1970's we were at least honest and put caps on individual nations...now we mask it.

I can't believe you people are so upset that I"m calling for immigration reform in the following:

Make it easier to become a citizen via a background check, a "probation period" of 2-4 years in which an immigrant would learn English and US history, and remain in good standing for those 2-4 years.

Build a wall on both borders to keep dangerous immigrants out.

I do consider illegal immigrants who come over merely for a better life to be legitimately breaking the law (it's an unjust law that violates the Bible).

This is, and always has been, my position. Yet you people fight against it and believe you aren't racist in anyway? :whistling:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

I think it would surprize some people to know that I have some Latin influence within my genes, but that I think there is a need to take control of our borders just the same. Actually, I have a pretty good mix of genes swirled up inside of me, so it's not a race issue. Trust me, I could actually be offended at 90% of ethinic and racial jokes, if I had a mind to be.... :whistling:

Some real change is need immediately, and then we can proceed with making some real, quality change in the current laws concerning immigration.

Get control of the borders first, and then reform immigration laws to make it easier and cheaper for honest people of any nation to come and make themselves a better life here in the US.

We can't tell the world to give us their sick and down-trodden if we are going to make it close to impossible for them to do it. But, before we can make it easier, we have to gain control of the borders.

Comprende? :)

t.

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

I can't believe you people are so upset that I"m calling for immigration reform in the following:

Make it easier to become a citizen via a background check, a "probation period" of 2-4 years in which an immigrant would learn English and US history, and remain in good standing for those 2-4 years.

Not a bad idea. As we talked in another thread, the process is really confusing. The English/History thing is a stroke of genius.

Build a wall on both borders to keep dangerous immigrants out.

I have always maintained a wall in not a bad idea, real in some areas, virtual in others.

I do consider illegal immigrants who come over merely for a better life to be legitimately breaking the law (it's an unjust law that violates the Bible).

We part company here. But this isn't the fox hole to die in tonight.

This is, and always has been, my position. Yet you people fight against it and believe you aren't racist in anyway? :whistling:

Not a bad idea. As we talked in another thread, the process is really confusing. The English/History thing is a stroke of genius.

Well it's required now, but the problem is that it's reliant solely upon the immigrant. This, of course, excludes poor immigrants who could not get an education.

I have always maintained a wall in not a bad idea, real in some areas, virtual in others.

Well it simply isn't practical in some areas....no matter what we can't stop illegal immigration. It's just not going to happen. I do believe a wall would be beneficial though. Wide enough to drive along as well...

We part company here. But this isn't the fox hole to die in tonight.

I'm a big believer in Schaeffer's "Christian Manifesto" and believe that civil disobedience (breaking the law) is required at times. To me, if the law violates biblical principles it should be violated until changed.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

The illegals are creating alot of crime problems for Texas. Kansas & other states don't have much to worry about yet

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Don't let your fear turn you into a fearasee. :)

It's pretty hard to minister to the poor when the plank in your eye keeps whapping them on the head. Anybody who has gone over the speedlimit or jaywalked has done something ILLEGAL, so maybe the whole lot of you should be deported. :24:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

It's pretty hard to minister to the poor when the plank in your eye keeps whapping them on the head. Anybody who has gone over the speedlimit or jaywalked has done something ILLEGAL, so maybe the whole lot of you should be deported. :24:

I agree with you Gerioke !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~also:

No, people should not haveto wait for two years who are married to someone they love or to be with family! And yes , we do have problems and it is not always "THEY" whomever.........

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

If LEGAL citizens are caught speeding or jaywalking, they pay fines, and rightly so.

Illegal's get a pat on the back and told about all the freebies they're eligible for, on the taxpayers' dollar. :24:

• Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

I love it, I love it....everybody & their brothers are "racists," at times among the most overused words in the English language. Don't like him? "Racist!" Incredible. Racists, of course, do exist, but disagreement does not necessarily constitute racism. America is a nation of LAWS applicable to all people seeking entry including Mexicans & Canadians Family unification is wonderful but people should think of family togetherness BEFORE they break U.S. law, not afterwards. Learning the English language & knowing something about American history should be requisites re future citizenship. I wholeheartedly agree that border security - Mexican & Canadian - is of prime consideration without exception. The United States, not Mexico, will decide entry qualification. And President Bush should hop onto this vital matter withy all due haste.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

The illegals are creating alot of crime problems for Texas. Kansas & other states don't have much to worry about yet

I lived in Texas. The only time you see a crime problem from illegal aliens is generally on border towns (where it's easier to cross back into Mexico) or inner city Dallas or Houston. It's absurd and ethnocentric to assume that all illegals are here to break our justifiable laws. The immigration cap that we have, specifically the non-spoken accord against other nations, is simply not justifiable. You have to be rich, affluent, and educated to come into our nation under our current laws. This defeats the purpose of immigration. The current system is racist, xenophobic, and classist.

What disturbs me the most is I can tell who honestly cares about these people and who couldn't care less. Those who say, "I am against illegal immigration, but at the same time wish for immigration reform to provide more justice for those that are poor" I can talk with. Those who just get up here and go, "They're ILLEGAL, they aren't following our 'laws,' they should all be deported" have no opinion worth while to me.

A lot of you are simply saying that if we have to break up the family, then that's too bad, they should have thought of that beforehand. Is that really a Christian attitude to take on this subject. How utterly ironic that a few months ago, when homosexuality was the big issue, many of you were saying we can't allow it becuase it harms family values. Yet you turn around and wish to destroy family values because these are "law breakers" in your mind. I hate to break it to you, but they're human too, in the image of God, and the way some of you talk about them I would never tell you were approaching it from a Christian worldview.