• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

What I've read in only a few years has led me to believe that it is easy in fact for a spirit to take over, influence or even cause illness in a person on the basis of a sin alone. But what I've been told by other people who said they were Christians is that a person who is saved cannot have these things happen to him any longer, so now I"m surprised that you say that people can still have these problems. It does make sense though, since the purging couldnt happen all at once if the person isnt even aware of what sins in his life have brought the illness and other issues upon him. I mean, it would also be fair to accept your logic because I've also read or been told that Jesus also doesn't expect or necessarily like to have believers always asking Him to deliver them of these problems when His death and resurrection and their belief in Him has given them the authority to cast those demons out themselves....so, it would then make enough sense to follow your argument in saying that deliverance can be a process. I appreciate that one more.

Christians are so scared of the word "demon".. I wonder who feed them that fear??

It would be funny if it wasn't so true..

You might want to get a book by Kimberly Daniels, "Clean House Strong House".

You know our deliverance is a process just like the Lord told Joshua that he would drive out the all the "ites" in the land before them. Not all at once for the land would be come a wastland. That would be like us, Our deliverance is based on replacing the old ways with new ways. Putting off our childish behaviors and self opinions in exchange for Christlikeness..

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

What I've read in only a few years has led me to believe that it is easy in fact for a spirit to take over, influence or even cause illness in a person on the basis of a sin alone. But what I've been told by other people who said they were Christians is that a person who is saved cannot have these things happen to him any longer, so now I"m surprised that you say that people can still have these problems. It does make sense though, since the purging couldnt happen all at once if the person isnt even aware of what sins in his life have brought the illness and other issues upon him. I mean, it would also be fair to accept your logic because I've also read or been told that Jesus also doesn't expect or necessarily like to have believers always asking Him to deliver them of these problems when His death and resurrection and their belief in Him has given them the authority to cast those demons out themselves....so, it would then make enough sense to follow your argument in saying that deliverance can be a process. I appreciate that one more.

Christians are so scared of the word "demon".. I wonder who feed them that fear??

It would be funny if it wasn't so true..

You might want to get a book by Kimberly Daniels, "Clean House Strong House".

You know our deliverance is a process just like the Lord told Joshua that he would drive out the all the "ites" in the land before them. Not all at once for the land would be come a wastland. That would be like us, Our deliverance is based on replacing the old ways with new ways. Putting off our childish behaviors and self opinions in exchange for Christlikeness..

Thanks for the advice on the book reading. I dont really yet trust what they put on television though. Although, I have also read from another book too that God doesnt allow supernatural healing always, something about how that would be too much for the body to go through, I think.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

heartofstone:

I have also read from another book too that God doesnt allow supernatural healing always, something about how that would be too much for the body to go through, I think.

What do you mean here--that you have read that God doesn't heal? How would it be detrimental to the body over the damage that disease would do? Try being more picky in the literature you choose to read, dear.

Jesus is willing to heal. We don't know why sometimes that we don't always have our healings, but that is another thread.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

I know a Demonologist who can identify demons (or groups of demons) by their names.

This isn't satanic. Most Christians just don't want to hear about demons, because they don't believe in hell or the devil.

MOst Christians dont believe in hell or the devil? Are you ok? Most christians I've known do believe in a devil and a hell, the ones that dont are like mormons, and JWs not christians.

And as far as demonology, it's not good, it's demonic, and can open up doors you dont want to open. Satan is a deciever, dont fall in his traps.

I know a Demonologist who can identify demons (or groups of demons) by their names.

This isn't satanic. Most Christians just don't want to hear about demons, because they don't believe in hell or the devil.

MOst Christians dont believe in hell or the devil? Are you ok? Most christians I've known do believe in a devil and a hell, the ones that dont are like mormons, and JWs not christians.

And as far as demonology, it's not good, it's demonic, and can open up doors you dont want to open. Satan is a deciever, dont fall in his traps.

We are not to be in ignorace of satans tactics! Talking about them only EXPOSES them. Who do you think wants us ignorant about them??

The subject and related matters of demonology has been objected that "we should focus our attention on Christ not on the Devil." Yet, among things, such an objection would tend to perpetuate the somewhat obscure understanding of important passages of Scripture. Furthermore, if our victory as believers is to be complete, it is incumbent upon us to study all of the Scriptures, for as in any military engagement knowledge of the enemy is necessary. That we will be engaged with this enemy is of a certainty pointed out most graphically by the Apostle Paul in Ephesians 6:10-18. All of Scripture is given to us by the love and wisdom of God and it must be of essential value and importance to accurately understand it if we are to know the full counsel of His revelation.

Blessings, Karen

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

We are not to be in ignorace of satans tactics! Talking about them only EXPOSES them. Who do you think wants us ignorant about them??

The subject and related matters of demonology has been objected that "we should focus our attention on Christ not on the Devil." Yet, among things, such an objection would tend to perpetuate the somewhat obscure understanding of important passages of Scripture. Furthermore, if our victory as believers is to be complete, it is incumbent upon us to study all of the Scriptures, for as in any military engagement knowledge of the enemy is necessary. That we will be engaged with this enemy is of a certainty pointed out most graphically by the Apostle Paul in Ephesians 6:10-18. All of Scripture is given to us by the love and wisdom of God and it must be of essential value and importance to accurately understand it if we are to know the full counsel of His revelation.

Blessings, Karen

You are absolutely right on the money, Karen! :thumbsup:

I read your testimony on your profile. you are the very ones the Lord came to set free. I have a similiar testimony. Except I went to prison for manufacturing meth.. I was demonized but Jesus set me free. Now I am called to bring deliverance to those that are held captive to the devil. That is "spiritual warfare"...

Bless you Bro.. I am glad you are now a child of the King!!!

Karen

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

The main and essential work of all demons and of course Satan himself is to destroy our faith. Our faith alone in Christ saves us and sends any and all demons running; they cannot stand the light of our faith. Christ set us free completely 2000 years ago, and I rest in that.

I am not denying work in battling demons, but demons cannot hurt those who have true faith in Christ. Fear itself is a work of Satan, fear is one of Satan

The main and essential work of all demons and of course Satan himself is to destroy our faith. Our faith alone in Christ saves us and sends any and all demons running; they cannot stand the light of our faith. Christ set us free completely 2000 years ago, and I rest in that.

Do you really think that we cannot be tormented of physically aflickted by demons??

I can tell you that we are at war more so now with the kingdom of darkness then when we were full fledged heathens... Your battle everyday should be to put off the works of the darkness and become more like Christ.. What do you think you are being delivered from???

Yes Jesus defeated the devil... our job is to allow the Holy Spirit to clease us from our old nature... daily.

I am not denying work in battling demons, but demons cannot hurt those who have true faith in Christ. Fear itself is a work of Satan, fear is one of Satan

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

heartofstone:

I have also read from another book too that God doesnt allow supernatural healing always, something about how that would be too much for the body to go through, I think.

What do you mean here--that you have read that God doesn't heal? How would it be detrimental to the body over the damage that disease would do? Try being more picky in the literature you choose to read, dear.

Jesus is willing to heal. We don't know why sometimes that we don't always have our healings, but that is another thread.

Jesus is always willing to heal. I guess I wasn't entirely clear in what I typed. The book said that the healing comes slowly, not quickly, and I couldn't remember exactly the reason for this but thought it might have been that the author said that it's harder on the body to have such damage to it erased or reversed rather quickly. Though, if that is the case, I can't remember if it said that it's always that way, that healing has to take so much time. The book was recommended to me, so I thought I'd give it a try. I may just be severely misrepresenting it anyway; it's been a while since I read it.