IGNORED

Name calling and labels

Guest man

Why all the name calling and insults?

And why is it when someone doesn't agree with what's being said, they get labeled. You're either this or that.

I don't understand. We're all suppose to be children of God. Is rude behavior one of the Commandments?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

And why is it when someone doesn't agree with what's being said, they get labeled. You're either this or that.

I don't understand. We're all suppose to be children of God. Is rude behavior one of the Commandments?

Perhaps if you were a member of a church where God's word is preached instead of being part of the anti-church movement the answer might be clearer to you.

sw

Perhaps if you were a member of a church where God's word is preached instead of being part of the anti-church movement the answer might be clearer to you.

sw

I would like to know where you came up with the notion that I'm part of some anti-church movement. You're spreading a lie about me and I really don't appreciate it.

How would becoming a member of a church make the OP more clearer for me? And you still haven't answered my other question.

Which denomination would you suggest? It's an honest question, why won't you give me an honest answer?

I don't believe I've been rude to you. Why do you feel the need to be rude to me? I'm not upset, I would just like to know where your hostilities are coming from. Is it because I don't agree with you? If we only hung out with those who agreed us, where would be the learning?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,151
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Man, the problem with this board is that too many here have no respect for anyone who disagrees with them..... and worse they don't even fake niceness as some would do..... just cold hearted disrespect.......

Sam

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Well, since I am the best name caller on the block, I'll own up to it. I get aggrivated when people come into a Christian forum, provoke others with inane topics and questions for the sole purpose of...what? Stirring up dissention, maybe? It's not a case of somebody disagreeing with me. That I can handle; I dont like it, but I handle it. What I cannot abide is somebody arguing against God's settled Word! Write this on a rock:

For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

sw

I would like to know where you came up with the notion that I'm part of some anti-church movement. You're spreading a lie about me and I really don't appreciate it.

How would becoming a member of a church make the OP more clearer for me? And you still haven't answered my other question.

Which denomination would you suggest? It's an honest question, why won't you give me an honest answer?

I don't believe I've been rude to you. Why do you feel the need to be rude to me? I'm not upset, I would just like to know where your hostilities are coming from. Is it because I don't agree with you? If we only hung out with those who agreed us, where would be the learning?

You are "anti-church" by your own words. I did not make it up. And I offered to discuss some possible churches with you off line but you refused. You told me you do not need a church, that a church is just a building or something like that. I don't think I am being hostile at all. I was just describing what you already said about yourself.

sw

• Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  963
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/10/1963

There is no need for rudeness. Power and control are agendas that belong to the world, as Gods' children we ought to be working toward bearing the fruits of the spirit and humility - after all, its what Christ has done that is going to last, the things of this world are going to disappear.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

As Christians, we shouldnt' be name calling and rude to others.. the bible teaches us to have love one for another to "be ye kind one to another, tender hearted".

However, at the same time, one should not back down from their convictions. It is where a wonderful word called "maturity" comes in.. in which one should present their stands but with respect for the others involved.. geeze I sound liberal tonight.

The point is, we should be respectful of each other, but never backing down....

At the same time... calling someone the "anti-church" isn't a great way of getting one's point of view across and only wrecks havak. Making snide remarks only makes one put up a sort of barrier and ignore what one is saying because of their behavior and lack of respect toward them. I don't mean to single you out worm, that is not my intent, but singling "man" out like that isn't a great way of getting your point acrossed.

As Christians, we need to be loving and kind, even though it may be hard at times when we are on a wonderful Christian site, but with many different denominations and beliefs... many of which go against everything one believes in... it can hard.. but we need to be respectful...

Crystal ;)

<== not a liberal, I promise

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/18/1980

Someone saying they are Christian is far different from someone saying they are perfect. We all fall short of the glory of God, and nobody is claiming that they are perfect. Therefore, people will sometimes allow pride to get in the way of love. I apologize on their behalf, but please don't think that a Christian assumes that he is perfect and that everything he does reflects Christ's love, because we sin every single day, which is why we need him in the first place.

Also, keep in mind that although there are many denominations, the vast majority of them that are not considered "cults", have the same basic beliefs and feel comfortable worshipping together on special occasions.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  12/12/1939

Has anyone heard of the old saying"you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar"?Same principle sweet words will attract more unbelivers than harsh words. ;)