• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

2 Timothy 4:3-4

For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. (4) They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  331
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/27/1965

2 Timothy 4:3-4

For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. (4) They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

And yet, all groups will cling to this as mothers milk, and point to all the others and say "You See! I am right and you are wrong!" never once thinking that they themselves could be wrong.

Untill each person can read the Bible with an open mind and accepting spirit they will never come to know the full Word of God. Unfortunately most people read the Bible with their own preconcieved ideas and notions. They seek out what they want to see and hear and ignore, or froget the rest. In some extreme cases they say "This part of the Bible is not relevant because our times are different".

I would like to warn everybody now. If you say that ANY part of the Bible is not relevant anymore, then you are saying that God is not relevant anymore. God's word is true, and above all Timeless. God's Word is NEVER changing, and does not contridict itself unless it is taken out of context.

I would like to ask all to please pray for God's guidance and wisdom before you read His Word. This may sound like a strange thing to many, but you might be amazed to find out how many people just pick up the Bible and read it like a novel.

I used to do this for a long time. Now that I pray first, I seem to understand so much more, so much better.

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Ok an easy way to understand is, think of the trinity. The father, Son, and the holy spirit. The Anitchrist, is going to create the abomination of desolation by sitting in the place of God.

The beast, the antichrist, and the false Prophet, it's a wicked trinity, that is going to be established. Most world religions other than those who have accepted Christ are still waiting for the comming of THe Christ.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I have a question..... if the book of Daniel, Revelation, Ezekiel and all the other books that we look into for end time prophesy don't use the word "Antichrist" then why do we when we are discussing this subject.

041And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay.

42And as the toesof the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.

43And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.

KJV

Hummmmmm....the iron half of this end time government Will mingle themselves with the seed of men..... what human could be said to do something like this. If not human then what. What has come here and mingled with the seed of men.... the sons of God. When you see this great end time government come to full fruition, don't be surprised when it contains a group that is not of the seed of men. The Nephilim have been here since Genesis Chapter six and they were here after the flood. Look past what we see on the surface today for in the very near future a great deception is about to be exposed among us. When the final battle of the war in heaven is concluded and Lucifer and his followers are sent here, there will be things happen that most of us don't even conceive as possible today.

So I would beg you to not get caught up in deciding what all this is about until we actually see it approach. Or it might just take you in when it gets here. But whatever you do understand that Lucifer and his evil brood will be here prior to Jesus unless I am wrong and there is a rapture before the beast is given the authority to make war with the saints and overcome them.

Whatever the case in a million years we won't care.... maybe even in ten.....

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/05/1947

WHO IS THE BEAST?

27/10/06

Who is the beast spoken of in the Bible?

There are quite a number of beasts, Gen.2:19 states

Edited by John R Nolan

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  99
  • Birthday:  02/05/1947

The beast is the Antichrist.

The Beast is NOT the AntiChrist.

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

An AntiChrist is an athiest or somebody who worships idols. There is no one central AntiChrist. The world right now is filled with millions of AntiChrists, they are the ones who deny Christ came in the flesh.

People are trying to put things together that weren't meant to.

The Beast is a government. Beasts described in Daniel and Revelations have been governments. This Beast has been around since the Dark Ages.

The bible describes who these people are. I read where many, many people have thier ideas on who they "think" the Beast, AntiChrist, and Son Of Perditon are but very little scriptural proof. Read and study your bibles. Grab a concordence and look up all the scriptures that have those words in them and you can figure it out for yourself.

It is surprising to find the BEAST being described as any other than the anti-Christ

The reasons put forward do not make a lot of logical connections, as we see the BEAST is WORSHIPPED, "And they WORSHIPPED THE DRAGON, who gave power unto the BEAST; and they WORSHIPPED the BEAST, saying 'who is like the BEAST, who is able to make war with him" Rev13:4

As it is understood, anyone who wants to be WORSHIPPED, INSTEAD of GOD, is anti-Christ, aren't they?

And who is it worshipping him?

Heathens? No, it is religious people who are deceived by the false prophets, the wicked one

Wasn't that the problem in the beginning, that Lucifer wanted to be worshipped instead of GOD?

Previously we have shown the Dragon, the Serpent, the devil, are the BEAST, Rev.20:2, (the pagan trinity?) and possibly those refuting the existence of the beast, or denying the Biblical evidence to suggest the beast, serpent, Satan and the devil are all one and the same critter, may wish to reconsider their opinion, or provide Scripture to refute GOD'S WORD, and that is impossible

Edited by John R Nolan

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

The Beast, in revelation, was Nero. Historically, Jews wrote in midrash, a type of exaggerative writing. When they wrote that stars fell from the heavens, it wasn't literal stars, but flame tipped arrows from the Roman soldiers. The mark of the beast was the stamp of Nero on any currency. The 666 is in reference to the code given to the Roman rule when referring to the persecution of the Jews. Like a fraternity, only with numbers, insted of greek letters. The anti-christ is only one man, he was Nero. Revelation was written in AD 68-69, and the fall of Jeruselem was in AD 70. The prophetic style of writing was only prophecy of the fall of Jeruselem and the destruction of the Temple. Not a rapture. Rapture was made up by John Darby during the civil war, when he thought "brother turned against brother" meant the North and the South. Its american pragmatism, and pride. He was american so he thought the bible was directly written for americans and he could apply any verse to americans. He then taught it to Schofield, who made the Schofield Study Bible. this bible, his Study Bible, was printed as a regular bible, only the notes at the bottom were added by Schofield. Its his take from what he learned from Darby who made up dispensationalism, or "rapture theology". Around that time the Industrial Revolution started in america and the Schofield Study Bible was massed produced and sent into america, thereby introducing everyone accross america to the rapture. christians in Eastern countries don't even recognize the rapture as christian. they see it as american myth.

And so do some of us Americans...

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

Who or what is "the beast" that is mentioned in Revelation? Bear in mind that the beast:

1) Has a name

2) Has an image

3) Has a mark

4) Its name has a number

5) It can be worshipped

6) It is referred to as "him" in Revelation 19:20

7) It will be cast into a lake of fire

The beast is different from the antichrist, right? I don't know what it is. :emot-questioned: Any ideas?

Revelation 13:17

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Revelation 14:9

And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

Revelation 14:11

And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Revelation 15:2

And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

Revelation 16:2

And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.

Revelation 19:20

And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Revelation 20:4

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Hello biscuit

I must say you name has got me thinking about some biscuits and gravy right now. But apart from that good thought you want to know about the "Beast"

Well the antichrist is going to come and set himself up as God in this world. Well that being the case let's look at God for a moment. Well I know some here may not believe in the trinity but I am one that does believe in the trinity. For God is three in one being Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Now that being the case about God and Satan going to come and set himself up in the world as God. Well satan also will be a trinity and manifest himself in this world as the antichrist, the beast and the false prophet. All three of these are Satan himself manifesting himself to the world in order to decieve the masses into falling down and worshipping him. This is a lenghty discussion in the way you have posed here in your thread so I can't go into details in my reply. so i'll give a brief synopsis so to speak for you to maybe help open your mind to scriptures

All Satan wants is to elevate his self up above God and to get us to worship him as God and he will do this in many different ways during the endtimes with lying wonders even in order to decieve people into believing that he is indeed God. For even Jesus himself did the works of God in performing miracles that people could not deny as they witnessed them firsthand and believed as Jesus did this through the Holy Spirit that empowered Him as the dove had ascended on Him when he was to be bapitized in the Jordan river. but let me get back on track here......

in the book of Daniel Nebuchanezzar had a dream of the statue of gold and Daniel had come and give him the interpretation of his dream about the end times concerning the nations. and afterwards lo and behold Nebuchadnezzar turned around and built the thing in real life the idol of gold he built it made and idol out of it. and Nebuchadnezzar was in control of all the nations at that time in history as babylon was the dominant world power and after Nebuchadnezzar built that idol of gold he made a law that when the sound of the different horns were blown "everyone" had to bow down and worship that statue that idol of gold or they would be put to death. this was law in his entire kingdom and he was dominant world leader of the nations now that is massive but yet it is not viewed that way by many.

But it will be the same in the end time events as the antichrist will be the dominant world leader over all the nations of the earth over every tribe and tongue among the races of the earth all will be under his dominion. And he will cause all great and small to fall down and worship just like Nebuchadnezzar did in the book of Daniel and if they refuse they will be killed or put to death. but Satan will go a step further in the endtimes and will cause people to take a mark in their right hand or foreheads as he is going to use the market place to gain control over the people of the earth to force them into worshipping him as God. But in the midst our Lord Jesus Christ will come and like old Nebuchadnezzar was humbled and ate grass like the cattle of the field the antichrist the beast and the false prophet all three are Satan himself (his trinity) manefesting in three forms will also be humbled as the kingdoms of this world will become our Lord's as Christ will take possession and set up his kingdom for a thousand year reign of peace....... I do want to say that satan is only a fallen angel and is "NOT" triune like God is Father, Son and Holy Spirit. But Satan in order to decieve will manifest himself within this fashion of appearing to be triune but it will all be a strong delusion....

well i hope you kind of get a better picture from what i have said. hope i have helped somewhat.

Openly Curious

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  132

Good explanation of the beast OC.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55