• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

I do not believe that God made religion. We are called Christians because we are believers in Christ. It's faith. Not religion. These man made traditions and rules behoove me to no end. Sorry, but they are lost unless they have accepted Jesus into their lives. :39:

rose....behoove is a positive word.

that behooves me...means that befits me...or that is right for me...i think you might have meant or said something like that bemoans me...or that vexes me.

Maybe I'm mistaken...but for clarity....I think I know what you were trying to say.

OOOps I'm always apologizing for spelling and grammatical eeerrrooorrrs. Thank you for the clarification :) I meant bemoan or plain ole saddens me.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

I would say spirituality no, religion yes.

What I mean by that is that spirituality is essentially meaningless, it is a New Age term. The only path to salvation is through faith in Jesus Christ, regardless of how spiritual one may feel or be or act.

All of those who call on Christ as God, as part of the Trinity are part of this same one religion, which is simply those who have one true faith in Christ as revealed in the Holy Bible, as part of the Trinity. They will at a minimum believe in the literal truth of the Christian Creeds. Those who reject Christ as God Himself, who reject the Trinity and reject the Christian Creeds are not of this one true religion. A Methodist having true faith in Christ alone is of the same religion as a Catholic having true faith in Christ alone and a Catholic having true faith is of the same religion as a Baptist having true faith, all who call on Christ with true faith are part of this one true religion. All who do not call on Christ of the Trinity of the Bible are not of this one true faith, including Methodists, Catholics and Baptists. Now some of these guys are simply wrong on their theological details, and this will be sorted out in the end.

The religion of those who believe in Christ, would include all true believers, some are wrong on their theology, some are more correct, but it would certainly include Protestants and Catholics who have true faith in Christ. The Catholic Church defends and proclaims the Trinity, are they wrong on some things? Yes I believe they are. Those who are not part of this true Church of believers would also include Protestants and Catholics without true faith.

I think religion has gotten a bad rap, and what we see replacing it is New Age Spirituality, go it alone believers, individualism, self obsessed egotism,T.V. Ministries and a rejection of the true Church and Body of Christ meeting regularly together in true faith.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

Recently my daughter spent the night at her grandmother's house. Her grandmother is a Jehovahs witness. Now my feelings have always been that as long as the next man is a believer in God and does not worship or pray to an object then what is wrong with he or she being a Christian, Jehovahs witness , Muslim, Jew, etc. When my daughter returned she told me her grandma said she can't pray the way that I have taught her to pray while she is at her house. I find this wrong on her behalf because who is another human being to come in between someone elses relationship with God. So my question is #1) Is there a certain way to pray? #2) Is it wrong to be against a certain religion? #3) Is there a right religion? meaning if not Christian, Methodist, Jewish what is right or is there a right or wrong religion?

HERES WHAT I'VE SEEN TO BE THE CASE.............................The less religion...the more spirituality. Amen.

So the answer is no...it maters not what religion is.

Religion is not a bad word, it is a word which means a system of belief (I'm not singling YOU out, it's just this was one post that mentioned it as I was scrolling by). Either you have GOD's system of belief or you have a man made religion, but both are religion and you can't get around that. You can be all cutsey and say "I don't believe in religion" but that is impossible in reality and I also don't believe that view to be biblical.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  367
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/23/1959

My experience with JW is that I was told by one of them that Jesus was the archangel Michael before he was Jesus. He never was the son of God and is not the savior. Your works are all you have and there is no guarantee of Heaven. If you are raising your child with Christian beliefs, your grandmother is not going in the same direction. As it was said earlier, the most credit they give Jesus is that he was a prophet.

First of all Jesus was never the archangel Michael. We worship and believe in God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. Jesus was born of a virgin, walked the earth preaching and ministering to people, was crucified, died, was buried, rose again and is now seated at the right hand of God the Father in heaven. Attending Church will not make you a believer. I believe you want the most for yourself, your child and your grandmother. Worthy Boards has a forum called "Seekers." In it is an excellent explanation of salvation and how to receive it.

Being a Christian is really simple. We are not judging other faiths. Christ said that we must take up our cross daily to follow Him. If we are following Him and also hold hands with a faith that says He is not God, we are not being true faithful followers.

I believe what I believe. I was asking what the differences in religions are and why one can't be just as right as theother. Through this topic and most of the posts I have gained a good insight. I never said that I am believing in several different things. I simply started out thinking it is wrong to say someone else is wrong for praising and believing in God in their own religion. To me that would be judging someone.

I understand what you are saying. Because I asked Jesus into my heart to be my Lord and Savior, I am compelled to fellowship with others who believe the same. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 I am not judging other faiths, but if we don't have this one most important thing in common, we are not on the same page.

Chatrismoy, is Jesus your Lord and Savior?

Love,

Tomi

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Content Count:  2,194

If you are allowing your daughter to spend the night at her friends, then it is very likely they are trying to convert her to their sect.

It's not with a "friend" though, it's with her grandmother, that's a slightly more delicate situation, for the poor mother. It's a bit off to sound quite so accusatory about allowing a child to stay with grandma.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  367
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/23/1959

WhysoBlind,

Amen. :emot-crying:

Guest Yeshua's_girl
Recently my daughter spent the night at her grandmother's house. Her grandmother is a Jehovahs witness. Now my feelings have always been that as long as the next man is a believer in God and does not worship or pray to an object then what is wrong with he or she being a Christian, Jehovahs witness , Muslim, Jew, etc. When my daughter returned she told me her grandma said she can't pray the way that I have taught her to pray while she is at her house. I find this wrong on her behalf because who is another human being to come in between someone elses relationship with God. So my question is #1) Is there a certain way to pray? #2) Is it wrong to be against a certain religion? #3) Is there a right religion? meaning if not Christian, Methodist, Jewish what is right or is there a right or wrong religion?

As Christians there is one central theme that we all should share as fruit of our relationship with God and that is a committment to truth. There is only ONE way to heaven and that is by the blood that Jesus shed for our sins at calvary. We are responsible to tell those that are deceived the truth in a gentle way, and hopefully in a natural way as Jesus would have done. The Jehova's Witness' places too much emphasis on following the guidelines of the watchtower (which is known as legalism) into their belief system when NOT ONE THING needs to be added to the blood of Christ to atone for us and bring us into right relationship with God. God left us every bit of instruction we would ever need in His word, the bible, regarding all things pertaining to life on earth, how to pray and how to come into right relationship with HIM and by the guiding of His spirit witnessing with your conscience. HIS words from the bible speak when even our own hearts deceive us. I think that you should pray about this. God promises that if you seek Him with all of your heart, He may be found. He is found through His word, prayer (seeking) and the Holy Spirit. By the way, I hope that i do not sound offensive here to you. I am just responible for telling the truth. There are many sects of Christianity that our considered cults. Christian firstly means "Christ Like" and in that likeness is Truth, for He cannot lie, secondly it is belief in One God that reveals himself in a triune way as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, that Christ was born of a virgin and descended from the line of David, and finally and most importantly that Christ was raised from the dead (therefore defeating sin and death). There needed to be an atonement for sin and that one had to be prefect and acceptable before God and had to willingly sacrifice himself. Jesus Christ is the only one that answers all of those precepts. I pray that God speaks to your heart and reveals the truth to you in this. Also, in the end we will all stand before God and He is going to ask us why we did not tell this person or that person HIS truth and we will be held accountable for our neglect and some will miss heaven, because no one would stand in the gap and be Jesus' witness. THE TRUTH. A Loving Sister, Yeshua's Girl

• Content Count:  1,981
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

HERES WHAT I'VE SEEN TO BE THE CASE.............................The less religion...the more spirituality. Amen.

So the answer is no...it maters not what religion is.

Religion is not a bad word, it is a word which means a system of belief (I'm not singling YOU out, it's just this was one post that mentioned it as I was scrolling by). Either you have GOD's system of belief or you have a man made religion, but both are religion and you can't get around that. You can be all cutsey and say "I don't believe in religion" but that is impossible in reality and I also don't believe that view to be biblical.

You thought that was cutesy... :emot-hug: really?? :emot-hug::o awww ty.

Hey, it has to be cute comin from you hunee :emot-hug: It shoooore cant be ugly :emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  454
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/19/1985

to me as long as you believe in the bible.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/06/1951

Dear Chatrismoy,

I can tell you have a love for people in not wanting to judge....God Bless you!! I was a Jehovah's Witness for 13 years.....all four of my children were born into the ........yes cult ...Cult in Webster's Online: ......"groups that exploit members psychologically and/or financially by making members comply with leadership's demands through certain types of psychological manipulation populary called mind control, and through the inclusion of deep seated anxious dependancy on the group and its leaders."

Yes, the pourpose of allowing your daughter to sleep over is to convert. .. Yes, they call themselves Jehova's Christian Witnesses, but believe that Jesus is the arch angle Michael....the first of creation.....Yes,their Bible IS different with 'changes' that are small to the eye but complete deception ...Example: John 1:1 "The Word was and the Word was with God" (Showing Jesus devine) but in their NWT they added the letter "a" so it reads "The word was and the word was with God and the word was 'a' god"....see how Jesus is demoted from All-Mighty to just 'a' god?! Remember the very first lie in the Bible was satan asking Eve if it were true?....she said "in the day we eat we will positively die".....he replys : "you positively will 'not' die"....Little lie big consiqunence in believing.

Most J.Ws are nice people!!!....but they ARE deceived and don't know it .....It took me 3 months after leaving to know what I did was right and not to go back..(mind control is like being under a drug's control....there are even withdrawls).......but praise God Jesus set me free and one of the ways He did was with the scripture that has already been posted "IAM the WAY....the TRUTH ...and the LIFE".....NO ONE comes to the Father (that means Buddist, Jehovah's Witness, Muslim or whatever) But by ME". Might ask the little girl to sleep over at your home....but don't be surprised if they say no.

Love in Christ

I'm praying for you Chat :emot-hug:

Treasured