• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Knowing that all things earthly are shadows of all things heavenly, I imagine everything that we can enjoy here can be enjoyed in purity and perfection and bliss, without any taint, in heaven!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

Knowing that all things earthly are shadows of all things heavenly, I imagine everything that we can enjoy here can be enjoyed in purity and perfection and bliss, without any taint, in heaven!

Thank you so much!!

I prefer Heaven, not going to say here on earth!!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

As said above, I have always believed the scripture that tells us that here is but a shadow of above. And of course Christ himself said that He would drink with us in his kingdom. And Jesus ate the fish with the disciples in his resurrected body. I think there will be much to enjoy.

Personally I can hardly wait to swim in the river of life.........or the great sea.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.49

I've always dreamed of owning a home with fruit trees, bushes, etc all around, so I can go and eat. Man that is awesome. I guess, I go back to my childhood, when I would go visit my aunt, who is gone now, who had something in season most of the time we visited. I was too young to play with the older kids that were there, but I knew, I could find some tresures if I looked hard enough.

Nita, is is ok if I come for a visit some time??? (when we are in heaven) Just the thought of perfect fruit/vegitable makes me happy!!

People like food!! At least I do. I can't imagne Heaven without feasts! No watermelon, no pears, no corn on the cob, no strawberries, no blueberries! Nourishment won't be needed, but eating is pleasureful! Plus, I love to garden and I am sure I will have one, without weeds!!

Blessings,

Anita

I am sure there will be food!! Look what Revelation 2:7 "...I am about to call each conqueror to dinner. I'm spreading a banquet of Tree-of-Life fruit, a supper plucked from God's orchard." The Message MMMMmmmmmm!!

Very strange thoughts to me. These are all earthly pleasures. Heaven is Heaven, earth is earth. I cannot imagine there being earthly pleasures in Heaven. Why bother going to Heaven. Just stay here and have your earthly pleasures. To me, Heaven is a place where our souls go to experience spiritual pleasure eternally.

Again, where are you getting your understanding of heaven? Heaven is actually going be HERE, ON earth. Of course, it will all be purified and new, but Scripture indicates that life on the New Heaven/New Earth will have commerce, community, creativity, etc...

Are you familiar with gnosticism?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Heaven? Here on earth? Forever? When?

2 Peter 3:10

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.

Heaven? Here on earth? Forever? When?

2 Peter 3:10

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.

That is a common misunderstanding of 2 Peter 3:10 :)

First, what the KJV renders as "burned up" is not the best translation. Scholars have since discovered older (more reliable) Greek texts that say "found" rather than "burned up". Thus, instead of the idea that the world is going to be utterly destroyed, this implies that it will be more of a purification, rather than an annihilation. For instance, like a refiner's fire purifies gold/silver.

Secondly, another reason to interpret the "fire" as more of an ethical cleansing (rather than an ongological annihilation) is found just a few verses above this one you mentioned:

Notice the verses just ahead of this one (vs. 5-7):

"For when they maintain this, it escapes their notice that by the word of God the heavens existed long ago and the earth was formed out of water and by water, through which the world at that time was destroyed, being flooded with water. But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men."

Peter compares the coming "destruction" by fire to the world's previous "destruction" by water, this is obviously in reference to the great Flood. If Peter is comparing the two "destructions" (and he is), and we know that the previous "destruction" did not annihilate the world (and it didn't), then there is no logical reason to believe that the coming "destruction" is going to completely destroy everything either.

Third, there are several Scriptures in Isaiah that give us a glimpse into what the New Earth will involve. See Isaiah 65:17,21; 60:5,6,9,11 which describe culture, community and even commerce. :o

Btw, I apologize to Candi for side-tracking the topic. If anyone is interested in continuing the discussion about the New Heaven/New Earth, feel free to open up a new topic and we can discuss it there. Once I studied this a little more in depth, it gave new meaning and purpose to everything we do here on earth. Understanding a little more about God's intentions for the world really reveals even more why everything we do here matters to God.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.53

Amen!!!!!

God created man and woman to live in the Garden of Eden. One day He will restore Eden to its perfection and we will all walk in the Garden in fellowship with the Lord as was intended.

Peace,

Fiosh

:)