xhistragedyx

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

I went to a healing meeting at my church lastnite.. and I went up the front..the speaker kind of picked on me for a good few minutes and cast out the spirit of 'death/suicide' and fear. I dont really know much about this what do you think he was getting at? how doe's the spirit of death come upon you? i also didnt really feel like it had gone. I have been struggling with suicidal thoughts for the past year but i know its not my own mind thinking such things as i love life! this speaker also said that the demonic are trying to do everything they can to bring me down out of the light of Jesus and there is a real fight for my soul going on and a deep spiritual oppression. Can anyone eleberate? I am getting a copy of the tape as i was in tears and a bit of a mess so i didnt really catch alot of what he was saying!

blessings!

Alisha

I would encourage you to learn all you can about the authority you have through Jesus Christ. The speaker didn't do anything that you as a believer cannot do for yourself.

Satan will keep hounding you until YOU address him personally and tell him to go. Thats how satan is, he will come back and test you to see if you will follow suit on the things you have learned.

He will try to hit you at your weakest moments.

God didn't leave us defensless, He gives us authority through Jesus Christ our Lord.

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war against the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God, to the pulling down of strongholds) 2 Corinthians 10:3-4

Go to the spiritual warfare section at the local christian bookstore, learn about the tactics of the enemy and what you can do about it. These things have been vital to my walk with God and well being.

Once satans lies are exposed and you realize He who is in you is greater (Jesus)...satans power over you will be broken.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Absolutely agree with the recognition of the Holy Spirit of God as MORE POWERFUL than all the demons of hell under the devil himself! And due to the fact that the Holy Spirit comes to dwell in our hearts by faith upon the moment of personal conversion, the child of God will emphatically remind the wicked one that the Holy Spirit, the Vicegerent of Christ on earth, LIVES & REIGNS WITHIN ME, therefore will exclaim "Get thee behind me, Satan!" And Satan MUST FLEE! Perhaps 1 John 4:4 is the most powerful & most relevant verse in Holy Scripture for each believer. I continually draw it to the earnest attention of every congregation before whom I have the glorious privilege of ministering. JESUS ABOVE ALL!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

have a question

Do any of you think that depression is any way linked to a spirit of death? If so please explain.

thanks

OC

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Yes - because I've been tormented by the thing my whole life!

Granted, I cannot say that all depression has spiritual ties to it. Your brain is just like any other organ, which can be prone to imbalances, and yes there can be legitimate "first cause" of a hormonal imbalance.

However, the hormonal imbalance could well be a result of something else.

For me, I am an introspective person. Deducing my heart on my own, self-searching, whatever you want to call it, I could tell my depression was a reaction to the pain in my childhood. But I also know I was pulled by spiritual forces (long story). When reading descriptions of the spirit of death I recognized the very pull on my soul that the spirit of death entices.

Some more recent studies on the brain have uncovered some areas of the brain that link us to the spirit realm. I know they are only scratching the surface on this.

My depression was broken in a mere instant! But it took years of prayer, seeking the Lord, and a lot else to get to that point. No drugs!

So, I'd say you are better off treating the depression as the spirit of death, and fight it as such. After all, the depression is seeking to kill you, right? Well, that's what the spirit of death does. It is your enemy, and you must fight it, even if you don't want to. I know more often than not you will only have the strength to say, "No," and walk on - and even that will be difficult. That's why you need the support of others to rebuke it off of you. But until the area the demon held on to you is healed over, it can keep latching on. So keep persevering and trusting that the Lord will bring your deliverance! But you have to stay alive. The Lord does have you here for a reason, even if you can never see it. You have to trust Him in this. At least for me it was one of the only things that pulled me through another day.

OK, that went beyond what you were asking, but I hope it helped!

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

:whistling: I'm going to make a silly, yet logical point.

Rebuke the spirit of death, and wait don't forget about the spirit of temptation, and the spirit of cutting, and the spirit of lust, and the spirit of darkness, Oh ya and the spirit of smoking, and the spirit of gossip, and the spirit of lies, Wait a sec? What if we miss one?

Point being, Satan is satan, demons are demons, Why give a lable to a demon, when you can rebuke them as a whole? Think about this, we know God personally, we have one Spirit, which is God manifest in us, The Holy Spirit, Do we have the spirit of gabriel in us, or any of the angels the bible mentions? no, God can have them protect us, but We have one spirit, so being influenced by a demonic spirit, a fallen angel, or satan himself, it's all from satan, Don't give the demons names, rebuke them as a whole In Jesus' name.

I've suffered with simular, I used to be in witchcraft, things still try to opress me, I used to give them names, but it doesn't help any, satan is satan, and demons are demons, If your focused on what kind of spirit it is, It will only lead you to confusion. God is not the author of confusion. I have also suffered with this same type of spirit as well as others, hold on to Jesus, his blood is your freedom, and his love is ever lasting, he is stronger than the armys of satan and satan himself.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  482
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/02/1991

I accually think a demon was putting things in my mind today.

At first I started getting mad at God for making us "eternal" beings. I started thinking about how in 9,000,000,000,000 year what the point in even existing. then i started thinking how this 60-70 years on earth is just a waste. Started thinking about suicide.

then i started to pray when i relized what i was thinking and i felt better. do you think this was a demon?

Edited by Zeiv

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

I accually think a demon was putting things in my mind today.

At first I started getting mad at God for making us "eternal" beings. I started thinking about how in 9,000,000,000,000 year what the point in even existing. then i started thinking how this 60-70 years on earth is just a waste. Started thinking about suicide.

then i started to pray when i relized what i was thinking and i felt better. do you think this was a demon?

Yes it was, remember the bible is the most powerful weapon against demons, each verse stored in your heart is a sword swing at them, remember, that in heaven, we wont feel pain, we will be created perfect, and the reason for existing will be everlasting, No mind can comprehend the greatness of the place the Lord prepared for us.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Oh, come on. Some of you people are making it sound like you're trying to perpetuate that whole stereotype of us poor, dumb, human meatbags being too lowly to have negative feelings of our own and that all reasonable doubts and weariness are from some sort of demon or something.

People do feel these things on their own sometimes. And its not unreasonable to do so.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Oh, come on. Some of you people are making it sound like you're trying to perpetuate that whole stereotype of us poor, dumb, human meatbags being too lowly to have negative feelings of our own and that all reasonable doubts and weariness are from some sort of demon or something.

People do feel these things on their own sometimes. And its not unreasonable to do so.

Hey!

The topic at hand is the "spirit of Death". There is such a thing, and it's not just a bad mood.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I didn't say that demons didn't cause this, I just said way earlier that any one of them can do this to a person and that there wasn't a specific type for just suicidal thinking.