• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

Is 5:20Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

quote bob: "Homosexuality breeds anti-Christian bigotry as much as Judaism breeds anti-Nazi bigotry."

Just what point are you trying to make? That anyone that hates and despises nazism is a bigot?

Homosexuality does breed anti-Christian bigotry. Just look at the war at home. Merry Christmas is an offensive phrase in this country, we are called right wing fanatics because of our faith and now we have a homosexual that believes religion should be banned from the world. EJ is on treacherous ground right now, the same path that the likes of Hitler and Stalin have gone down before.

The truth is, EJ hates Christianity because he is gay and wants to remain gay. He sees Christianity as a threat to his continued reprehensible lifestyle. Does he really think that only Christians hate homosexuality? While we are vocal about it, it's the behavior we hate, because it's disgusting and it serves no purpose except for sexually deviant self-gratification. Gays can't reproduce nor contribute offspring assexually. While I think it is a great idea that immoral people do not reproduce, who am I to say no to the birth of a child?

By condemning Christiantity and lumping all Christians together as "homophobes" he is doing a greater injustice to me (by generalizing my beliefs and assuming I hate him) and proves hisself to be a much greater bigot than I or millions of Christians have ever been.

What is a homophobe anyway? I don't know about you, but a gay person doesn't scare me at all, I just get disgusted and pray the person gives that lifestyle up and makes peace with God.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

That's OK. Afterall, I'd ban Elton John and his gay lover from receiving communion too!

leanord, i once asked my pastor if those who visited church but did not profess Christ as their savior had any business taking communion. his answer was a bit of surprise to me, having been raised in a baptist church that believed communion should only be recieved when we were walking the straight and narrow.

he said that communion is something we do in remembrance of what Christ did, not in rememrance or as a reward for what WE have done. i can't remember his exact words, but it was along those lines, and continued to say that when we take communion, God is at work.

so i wouldn't ban elton or his lover from taking communion, i'd pray that the Holy Spirit would move on their hearts in a BIG way.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  56
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

The thing that sticks out so much for me in Elton's statement, is he wants to ban religion completely and then complains about why the religious leaders aren't doing anything about the war. No religion = No religious leaders.. Quite a paradox!!!

I pray that Elton finds salvation through Jesus, as I have, and produce fruit and turn from his sins as I have...

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  331
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  10/27/1965

Sadly, another "Superstar" who let his fame go to his head, and finding a fertile ego it grew into a supposed godhood within his own mind.

I would pray for him. Pray he finds his way. Pray he finds Christ.

Maybe if Elton were to find God then he could go back to Bono for a chat.... :noidea: Just kidding there.

• Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  963
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/10/1963

Anyone remember the Beetles ....wot did they say????

Oh yeah ....

'we are greater than God!!'

God can take care of himself - and us as well :wub:

Guest Carlton
Anyone remember the Beetles ....wot did they say????

Oh yeah ....

'we are greater than God!!'

God can take care of himself - and us as well :blink:

Actually, John Lennon never said the Beatles were "greater than God". He said "We're more popular than Jesus now".

Guest Theology_Professor

Actually Elton John has it exactly right. Read through these boards and you will see.

"Lets gang up on gays"

"Lets attack democrats"

"Lets boycott Ford or Walmart over this or that"

"me and mine and you are wrong"

virtually saying "I am sinless and you're not"

You are a kingdom divided against itself.

You are an ignorant people.

You give opinions on things you have no facts for.

You misinterpret your own writings.

Christians have nothing but a mob mentality.

You are listing one sin as greater than others, yet it is not true.

You disobey God yourself on other issues and attack people.

Even from this you are saying Elton John does not know God.... you don't know that.

Any form of disobedience, including misinterpretation of his word, I could call you a non-christian as well as you are not following Christ. How would you like that?

Put the shoe on the other foot.

You don't know what you're talking about.

No wonder people are not becoming Christian. Look at yourselves once. Who would want to??

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Even so, Jesus Christ Loves the Church and laid His life down for her.

He Loves the Church.

He and she are twain and One. Even as His Father and He are One.

Yes, she's dark but alltogether Lovely. Fair as the Moon reflecting the Son. Terrible as an Army with banners. :24:

She may be ugly at times, but she's His only girl. :24:

It's a fast fact that if the world hated Him it's gonna hate her too.

Yet the world is always busy trying to spend time with Jesus's girl. :emot-handshake:

Don't ya just Love her? :24:

I Love what He Loves and sometimes that is ugly because it speaks forth the Truth.

Peace,

Dave