Thysia

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

Falling on a grenade is suicide. Sometimes its in the interest of those around you. What did Jesus say about a man who lays down his life for his friends?

Dan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

Falling on a grenade is suicide. Sometimes its in the interest of those around you. What did Jesus say about a man who lays down his life for his friends?

Dan

Hello dgolvach,

so if I think it is actually better for the interest of those around me then it is okay to get out of the picture for their sakes?

and it would be out of love that one would do this? and you are using Jesus as the example of it right?

oc

I think if a person falls on a grenade it's done spontaneous in order to stop it like hero's do they just do it and don't think about it and as a result others are protected no longer in harm's way so they are spared further suffering in they life.

oc

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Dear heartofstone, thanks for your comments. I hope this additional material helps. God bless you in Jesus’ name – larry :)

Quoting you: I have only one problem that I could identify in the Scriptures that left me utterly confused: In 2 Samuel 1: 1-16 says that David and his men came across an Amalekite who confessed to kill Saul because he had asked the Amalekite to. So, why did it say in 1 Samuel that Saul fell on his own sword (as the Romans used to, I believe) and later say that an Amalekite killed him? I don't remember this ever from any other Bible study, so maybe I should know already but the same account is given in my KJV too.

My Response: Saul evidently did not get the job done, and had to call on an Amalekite to finish the job for fear of being mistreated. He still consented to being killed, and that would be suicide.

Quoting you: I think that part about Saul being God's anointed was an important part too, because David mentioned it over and over again. If Saul could have fallen so far out of favor with God as to no longer have that distinction amongst God's people and that protection, then it's a wonder how suicide in the end might have kept Saul from God's grace afterwards. Surely what Saul did in life when he still had the chance to repent and be fully aware of the sins he committed could just as well have condemned him as would have suicide. But he was still God's anointed one and it seems he never repented fully as he should have done; after all, when he could have stopped harassing and hunting David, and then asked God for forgiveness, he didn't shrug off whatever was driving him and give up but instead sought info on how to continue after David from a sorceress.

My response: You are right on the anointing, God does not repent of what he gives, and His salvation is a gift. Now there is a price to be exacted as a consequence of sin, and that is loss. King Saul lost his kingdom, David was not allowed to build the Tabernacle because he was a bloody man, Solomon was put aside, and his brother Nathan selected to be of the genealogy of Jesus. What about us? You can read of the seven churches being judged as Jesus walks among them now, and telling of their faults, or commendations to two of them. Let no man take your crown huh? David took Saul’s.

Thank you very much for your kind words, Larry 2. And thanks for the explanation on the differences in the Scriptures as well.

Edited by heartofstone

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/31/1981

We all fall short of the glory of God. It's wonderful to be saved. That is a gift God has given us that we should not abuse. You need to act on that salvation. As far as I'm concerned suicide is a sin. How can you ask forgiveness for that sin if you're dead?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

The only time I've seen suicide sticking a person in hell is the movie Constantine.

We're saved by Christ's sacrifice. The bible doesn't mention suicide as unpardonable.

I don't really want to talk about this but I just want to say that "Maybe" suicide is a "Self Defense" mechanism to protect one's self from internal things.

If one kills in self-defense in order to protect self they are not held reliable in those cases. Just maybe some people don't know how to cope and that is only way to defend themselves from the internal things and it really not about religion at all just one is curious is all

OC

no but that what it is like

this is to hard for me right now butero

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Seeker *
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/15/1981

Thanks again for all your thoughts....

*sigh* why do we live in such a stupid world!