• Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Amen Gloryarose!! :thumb:

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I respect and agree with alot of what you said, Glory.  There are those who want nothing more than to bash other Christians and watch them fall.  We all agree that that is wrong.  There are some of us, and I think angels is one of them, who have spent time looking at the teachings of certain evangelists, prophets, etc. and are not quick to judge them, but after careful inspection warn other Christians with proof about what these people teach and practice.  Benny Hinn is the only one I have seriously looked into.  I have heard some of the other preachers say things and speak on prophetic things that just don't line up with God's Word, but I don't speak much about them, only what I know.  

I was taught growing up grieving the Holy Spirit is the same as judging or even examining a preacher, evangelist, etc.  Therefore, I did not do it.  When my husband started telling me things he had learned about Benny Hinn, I told him I don't want to talk about it, I don't listen to him, but I don't criticize God's people.  Then I read in the Bible we are to test God's prophets.  Since God wants us to test His prophets, then why not evangelists?  Some evangelists claim to be prophets, Benny Hinn included.  So I decided to test Hinn by not only reading his critics, but by listening to him and reading his books.  What I have found is disturbing.  Why did I choose Hinn and not Copeland or any of the others?  Because my mom is one of his "ministry partners".  Not only does she support him monthly, but she spends some of her vacation time spending more than she normally does on vacation to go on his trips; i.e. a cruise.  I'm not saying there is anything patently wrong with ministry vacations.  I am merely pointing out my mom's involvement with his ministry as to the reason why I chose to examine Mr. Hinn.

Guest GloryaRose

If you or anyone else is concerned about what Benny Hinn or other preachers are teaching or about a family member's involvement with a ministry you have cause to doubt...that is all the more reason to be praying for these ministers. Praying that if they are in deception that they be led out of it. Praying for understanding....etc.

IF I am concerned about something a brother or sister in the Lord does...should I be quick to speak my own opinions about it... to jump on the band wagon of folks who are speaking evil against them (warranted or not)...??????????

OR...should I take my concerns to the throne of God, lifting this person up in prayer and laying my concerns at my Father's feet...(??)...leaving this minister for HIM to take care of...instead of trying to prove that I am right about him/her...????????

As far as testing the prophets goes...I believe we are to test their words...not to recieve every word as from the Lord...

I also believe we are to try the spirits...but to judge and to try people...not matter how we justify it, it is wrong.

Remember that we too are huiman and capable of misunderstanding or putting the wrong interpretation on the things that the Lord speaks to our hearts...

Remember that the Lord God Almighty is the only Righteous Judge...

Remember how merciful he is that even whilst we were his enemies he sent his Son for our sakes...

And Remember that it is not our place to wrestle with flesh and blood....And remember.....What does God's Word say to us...?...why, even our own enemies...we are to bless them (not curse them)...and we are to pray for them.

:inlove:

GloryaRose

PS:

We pray for my Pastor. He's not internationally known...but we pray for him to be kept pure of sin, not to give into temptation. We pray for his family and for his marriage. We ask God to bless and protect his home and his finances. We pray for health, wisdom, guidance and boldness for him. We bind Satan's attempts to decieve or discourage him. We pray lots of other things for Him too as issues arise...

Remember that the Roaring Lion, or the Wolf that comes after the sheep also attacks the shepherd.

I personally would rather not voice the roars of the enemy against ministers of the Lord...

(no matter how strange I really think they may be)...

I would rather voice the mercy, restoration, and the grace of God apon them.

:inlove:  :inlove:  :inlove:  :inlove:  :inlove:  :inlove:  :inlove:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

I think the disciples had some of the same questions:

Mark 9

37 "Whoever receives one of these little children in My name receives Me; and whoever receives Me, receives not Me but Him who sent Me." 38 Now John answered Him, saying, "Teacher, we saw someone who does not follow us casting out demons in Your name, and we forbade him because he does not follow us." 39 But Jesus said, "Do not forbid him, for no one who works a miracle in My name can soon afterward speak evil of Me. 40 "For he who is not against us is on our 39 side.

Are we to judge everyone who doesn't hold the same teaching as we do or in discerning the spirits, does that mean those who do not preach Jesus?  There are many false religions that do not proclaim Jesus, I don't think that equates to the same as someone having a specific doctrine that we don't agree with.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Warrior FC
As far as testing the prophets goes...I believe we are to test their words...not to recieve every word as from the Lord...

I also believe we are to try the spirits...but to judge and to try people...not matter how we justify it, it is wrong.

You speak it Glorya! :thumb:

That is TRUTH!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  436
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  06/08/1971

Guys why are all the Christians in denial??? Benny Hinn is a false prophet. Why even waste your times he has had over 5 false prophecies that I know of. How can you guys defend a false prophet. Benny hinn is false period.

Matthew 7:15 - "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.  

Matthew 24:11 - And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray.  

2 Peter 2:1 - But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction.  

1 John 4:1 - Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are of God; for many false prophets have gone out into the world

Deuteronomy 18:20 - But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name which I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.'  

Deuteronomy 18:22 - when a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word which the LORD has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously, you need not be afraid of him.  

:thumb:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Amen Arther, I agree for 100%

• 1 year later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  629
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  03/29/1970

Smile Jesus loves you :il: I believe that God is working through Benny Hinn. We all as children of Christ can heal the sick if we have faith. With Gods grace we can move mountains. :hug:

God Bless,

Jacqueline

Guest LadyC

my own personal opinion, i don't think God is working through Benny Hinn at all. but i believe Satan is having a field day through Hinn.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  629
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  03/29/1970

I see a few judges here and the last time I check with God he was the only judge. :il:

God Bless

Jacqueline