ayin jade

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

Hamburgers, I am aware you believe scripture is unreliable and not the word of God, but rather man, and must be adapted to our own needs as a 'reference' guide. So I am posting these verses for you.

Galatians 1:10-12

10 Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.

11 I want you to know, brothers, that the gospel I preached is not something that man made up.

12 I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.

There is a reason you have a hard time accepting the word of God:

1 Corinthians 2:14 The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  482
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/02/1991

Just a quick question for Forrest and Oh.

Is life sacred?

You might argue that a fetus is not a person so it isnt murder. but by killing them arent you preventing a "sacred life"?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

Since Hiliary's judgement about military action was the same as Bush's before the war, does that in your estimation disqualify her from being Commander in Chief? After all, you wouldn't vote for Bush because of his foreign policy decisions, so I would assume you would have the same problem with Hiliary if she were to get the Democrat nomination.

I haven't decided who I am going to vote for in the next election yet, if that is what you mean. I base my judgements on the candidates, not just the party. So I could very well vote republican in the next election.

To Ted:

You are forgetting one important difference: Babies in the womb are not blowing up people, hijacking jets and flying them into buildings, killing innocents on purpose in order to scare them into rule by terror, threatening to build nuclear weapons to unleash them on America and Israel, cutting off the heads of kidnapped journalists, and perpetuating lies to whip up the masses in a frenzy of bad religious intent.

So yes, some of us feel that some of these terrorists deserve what they get and understand that they have made choices to get to the point of being in the crosshairs.

First, I think you are confusing Iraq with the Al'Quida (or however you spell it). Iraq was not supporting terrorists, it had an oppresive government for sure, but don't associate Iraq with the terrorists who attacked at 9/11.

Second, my idea of justice isn't more violence. Capture and charge these people criminally in a court of law or something. Just because someone commits terrible acts doesn't mean we are suddenly allowed to do the same acts back to them. Keep them from commiting more hateful acts, but we don't need to kill them. Based upon my previous statement...

You actually equate the blood of terrorists to the blood of aborted babies?

Men should never decide who "deserves life" and who "deserves death", that is something that only God knows.

LadyC:

a big "if", huh? you mean history doesn't prove that adding troops help to bring stability to a floundering new government?

Of course troops help bring stability at first, but there comes a point where too many cooks ruin the soup. Also, if we have too many troops occupying, it has negative phychological effects to the residents. We want to make them feel secure and independant, not congested and under foreign rule. It is their country, after all.

Nebula:

Hamburger -

Do you believe abortion is ending the life of a soul?

Why does this question keep getting ignored? noidea.gif

Because the original topic was about a bill, not about one's stance on abortion. You can be against abortion and the bill at the same time. I didn't (and still don't) think my personal feelings are required. Of course this topic has been hijacked to high heaven at this point :emot-hug:

I am curious though, what would you do if I said I no, and what would you do if I said yes?

Ted:

Fair enough, but you are forgetting yet another fact: The UN has no Army!

Yep, in order for them to enforce their measly little weak resolutions, they have to find countries which agree to go out and do the dirty work. Usually, it that job falls on to the shoulders of a US-led coalition of forces, just like we saw in 2001 in Afghanistan, and then in 2003 in Iraq.

Seeing as how the UN has no Army of it's own, and we happen to foot the bill on almost every UN action, you would figure they would at least support the very vote to give us the authorization to do their dirty work, huh?

Imagine that. rolleyes.gif

You would figure they would have supported our authorization to do their dirty work if they wanted us to do their dirty work, yes. The fact that they didn't give us authorization lends me to believe they didn't support it. But I know that's just crazy talk! :emot-highfive:

Men should never decide who "deserves life" and who "deserves death", that is something that only God knows.

Then you think abortion is wrong?

Because the original topic was about a bill, not about one's stance on abortion. You can be against abortion and the bill at the same time. I didn't (and still don't) think my personal feelings are required. Of course this topic has been hijacked to high heaven at this point

Could it be you are just afraid to say you are for abortion?

And I repost my other post

Just a quick question for Forrest and Oh.

Is life sacred?

You might argue that a fetus is not a person so it isnt murder. but by killing them arent you preventing a "sacred life"?

• Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

In most cases, yes.

i suggested you get off the fence hamburger. you make yourself look awfully foolish talking from both sides of your mouth. you won't stand up and oppose abortion (and justify it by saying you won't reveal your position, but by not opposing what is WRONG you ARE revealing where you stand) and THEN you say only God should decide who lives and who dies.

i guess all women who decide to kill their children are gods.

oh, and again talking from both sides of your mouth. you first said it's a big "if" that more troops can bring stability, and then you admit that yes, they'd bring more stability but only for a period of time.

well we're still in that period.

In most cases, yes.

in MOST cases? didn't you JUST FINISH saying that men should never decide who deserves life or death? WHO exactly do you think authorizes those few cases of abortion that you DON'T think are wrong.... God? or man?

I still repost my post hopeing for a answer

"Just a quick question for Forrest and Oh.

Is life sacred?

You might argue that a fetus is not a person so it isnt murder. but by killing them arent you preventing a "sacred life"? "

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  523
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Hamburgers, I am aware you believe scripture is unreliable and not the word of God, but rather man, and must be adapted to our own needs as a 'reference' guide. So I am posting these verses for you.

Galatians 1:10-12

10 Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.

11 I want you to know, brothers, that the gospel I preached is not something that man made up.

12 I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.

There is a reason you have a hard time accepting the word of God:

1 Corinthians 2:14 The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

:emot-highfive:

Yep! That's what I call Hambuger Helper!

:emot-hug: