c7l14

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I'd like to know how do you view 9/11 as well as the US' response to that event and the course that the war on terror is taking.

Some questions in the 4 groups are related but here are the topics:

1 - God and 9/11

2 - US' and US allies' response

3 - GW Bush

4 - Another 9/11

If you want to answer please answer in this order so that we can compare our responses:

I assume that those who will answer will do it based on their faith in God and Biblical knowledge.

1 - What did God had to do with 9/11? Was it an act of God? Was it an act of man? Why do you think 9/11 happened?

God gave us the gift of choice. This can be used for good or evil. 9/11 happened because there is a group of people who believe that western civilization "the Great Satan - America_ must be destroyed. They also believe that their god approves. God may have allowed this as a wakeup call. Wake Up Church!

2 - What do you think about the US' and its allies' response to 9/11? (This includes what you think about the wars of Afghanistan and Iraq, Guantanamo prison, etc)

We are at war. It is easy to think that this is not true but everything seems to point in that direction. Unfortunately, it is normal for many to think that by placating the enemy they will go away .. eg. NEVILLE CHAMBERLAIN, 1869-1940), British prime minister, whose policies failed to avert the outbreak of World War II in Europe in 1939."peace in our time" Freedom - especially those given by God- "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." We fight not against flesh and blood but the battle is against spiritual forces.

3 - What do you think about W Bush? What do you think God thinks about Bush?

I believe that being the President of the US is perhaps the most difficult job on earth - whatever you do someone will find fault. From the "liberal" media it would appear that he is a lying, evil man. I do not believe this - I pray daily for him and I believe he seeks the Lord and takes his responsibilities seriously. God doesn't play favorites we are all sinners and in need of His forgiveness and grace.

4 - Are there reasons for another 9/11 to happen that could indicate that in fact another 9/11 could happen? Are you expecting another 9/11 to happen?

If we as followers of Christ do not Wake Up I truly believe that God will allow more evil to come our way. A good place to refer to is Ezekiel 33. As the Body of Christ it is time for us to realize that we have been called to be His witnesses and to bring His love and message of salvation to a dying world - and our own country. If we don't do it who will??? Jesus prayed in John 17 that we would be one that the world might know... it's time to set aside religion (a bunch of man made rules and regulations to control people) and follow Christ - He is the Head of the Church. It's not religion or denominations it's relationship with the King of Kings. Take the time to compare America today with Sodom and Gomorrah.

From another point of view consider:

"In Germany, they came first for the communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists but I didn't speak up because I was not a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time nobody was left to speak up."

Martin Niemoeller, Dachau, 1944

I believe it's important we know what most of us think about these issues so that we as a group of christians can come together when hard times come.

I will also answer those questions.

May the love of Jesus be in us

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Sir Winston Churchill

Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth and easy, or that anyone who embarks on the strange voyage can measure the tides and hurricanes he will encounter. The statesman who yields to war fever must realize that once the signal is given, he is no longer the master of policy but the slave of unforeseeable and uncontrollable events.

:emot-hug:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

And with this go around with it you'll be looking at several billion...... :whistling: But with silence we will continue......

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  83
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Foreign Affairs commentator Eric Margolis noted recently the continuing cycle of American political involvement in the Middle East. He points out that in nearly every decade since the mid-fifties, a president of the United States has faced a challenge of a Muslim peril, an Arab or Muslim bogeyman that is everywhere and nowhere--Nasser, Khomeni, Khadafy, Saddam, and, now, bin Laden. And every time, the results have been the same: U.S. demonizes this single man, only to watch him grow into a popular hero of the Arab masses--the Arabic or Islamic David that dares to stand up and confront the U.S. oil dominion over the Arab world ..........

http://www.mises.org/story/818

9/11 did not occur in total isolation - it was a predictable response to 50 years of US attempts to install and support "friendly" regimes for strategic and oil interests.

The primary purpose for attacking the Twin Towers wasn't to kill Americans, the primary was to destroy a high profile target that symbolizes America.

Unless Americans makes some effort to understand what motivates Bin Laden, Al Qaeda and the Islamic fundamentalists they can never address the problem.

Edited by jgarden

Foreign Affairs commentator Eric Margolis noted recently the continuing cycle of American political involvement in the Middle East. He points out that in nearly every decade since the mid-fifties, a president of the United States has faced a challenge of a Muslim peril, an Arab or Muslim bogeyman that is everywhere and nowhere--Nasser, Khomeni, Khadafy, Saddam, and, now, bin Laden. And every time, the results have been the same: U.S. demonizes this single man, only to watch him grow into a popular hero of the Arab masses--the Arabic or Islamic David that dares to stand up and confront the U.S. oil dominion over the Arab world ..........

9/11 did not occur in total isolation - it was a predictable response to 50 years of US attempts to install and support "friendly" regimes for strategic and oil interests.

The primary purpose for attacking the Twin Towers wasn't to kill Americans, the primary was to destroy a high profile target that symbolizes America.

Unless Americans makes some effort to understand what motivates Bin Laden, Al Qaeda and the Islamic fundamentalists they can never address the problem.

I don't want to understand people who will explode their very own children to murder the children of a race they have that much intense hatred for.

No sir....there is no reasoning with that.

This war has been going on since the days of Isaac and Ishmael, Jacob and Esau.

Thomas Jefferson initiated America's first international invasion against muslim pirates who were extorting the cowardly Europeans in the Barbary Wars. Yes...9/11 didn't happen in a vacuum.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

jgarden: In your vast knowledge and wisdom of Islam and the Islamic world, and with your near perfect grasp of the flow of modern history, pray, do tell us what the 'motivation' of Bin Ladin and other such cretans is.

I await with bated breath..................

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

jgarden: In your vast knowledge and wisdom of Islam and the Islamic world, and with your near perfect grasp of the flow of modern history, pray, do tell us what the 'motivation' of Bin Ladin and other such cretans is.

To restore the Calife

oh and tic tacs help with baited breath too :crazy:

jgarden: In your vast knowledge and wisdom of Islam and the Islamic world, and with your near perfect grasp of the flow of modern history, pray, do tell us what the 'motivation' of Bin Ladin and other such Cretans is.

To restore the Calife

oh and tic tacs help with baited breath too :crazy:

Their Heart's Desire - Death

But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

Proverbs 8:36

They Succeed

And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Revelation 11:18

We cry Hosanna!

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:16

Love. Joe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I think we should strive to understand our enemies also..........just before we execute them. :)