IreneM

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

This reminds me, at a vegan board I post at, someone said that the beauty of Christianity is that it can be used to justify absolutely anything. :emot-hug:

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Dear EricH,

I thought the majority of the postings in this thread were referring to certain types of tv programs that portrayed fornication, homosexuality, sexual immorality, as being acceptable. I don't think that there's any question about how to discern those types of things, is there?

Why is it that we can't see that the above things are corrupting our children, whether we watch them personally or not. The fact that this type of programming has become acceptable at all, is polluting a generation. It's abounding, because the morally upright, quit speaking up about these things, so now they are prominent and commonplace.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Who is "we"?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

Dear EricH,

I thought the majority of the postings in this thread were referring to certain types of tv programs that portrayed fornication, homosexuality, sexual immorality, as being acceptable. I don't think that there's any question about how to discern those types of things, is there?

Why is it that we can't see that the above things are corrupting our children, whether we watch them personally or not. The fact that this type of programming has become acceptable at all, is polluting a generation. It's abounding, because the morally upright, quit speaking up about these things, so now they are prominent and commonplace.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Who is "we"?

This nation/society, who by the way, is apparently 85% Christian, at least that's what they claim?

In His Love,

Suzanne

The issue isn't the TV or when it was invented or the Internet or any other invention of the world. It is the content, whether it is of the world or of God.

I know that this is a difficult point to grasp, but God's true children have been crucified to the world. They love the things of God, hunger for the things of God, can't get enough of the things of God, rejoice always in the things of God. They have been changed, all things have been made new and they seek after that which they enjoy. The things of the world do not satisfy them anymore. They are like childish toys that they put away for they have something infinitely better infinitely more satisfying.

Spiritual folk love the things of the Spirit, and find the things of the world extremely boring. You see this is real Christianity, and not just religious theory and empty belief. The 'new heart' pants after God and the things of God and finds its pleasure in them.

Those in the flesh have no concept of these things. Their religion is made up forms and rituals, not a living immersion in the love and enjoyment of God. This is not opinion, but the heart of Christianity and the testimony of Scripture.

God bless,

Dennis

If this line of thinking is true, then how does one reconcile it with Paul's statement about "becoming all things to all men" or 1 Peter 3:15? To immerse oneself in the love and enjoyment of God necessarily involves using what is available to us, at times even in this Earthly realm...

Dear Artemus,

Surely you don't mean to imply that it is ok to use fleshly appealing things, to reach men? That is how your post is coming across. I don't think Paul OR God would use anything but purity and goodness, to be able to reach men. And certainly not the things of this world or the prince of this world to do so.

In His Love,

Suzanne

The issue quickly becomes who gets to define what is worldly and fleshly. these types of accusations are frequently used to remove things we simply don't like.

Dear ericH,

I think the above post, was confusing me, as I wasn't sure if you were addressing me, or Artemus??? That was why I responded back the way that I did???

In His Love,

Suzanne

Dear EricH,

In His Love,

Suzanne

Who is "we"?

This nation/society.

In His Love,

Suzanne

I doubt you will ever get that type of buy in from our nation as a whole. We are not a "christian nation", by any stretch of the imagination. I think our best approach is to attempt to lead our friends and neighbors to Christ. When their hearts change, then their desires will change. I am not saying that as believers we should not push for more "moral TV". But we need to realize that unless we change people's hearts, we are fighting a loosing battle

Guest Biblicist
This reminds me, at a vegan board I post at, someone said that the beauty of Christianity is that it can be used to justify absolutely anything. :mgfrog:

On the flipside of that, Christianity can be used to condemn absolutly anything, as well. :emot-hug:

Dear EricH,

In His Love,

Suzanne

Who is "we"?

This nation/society.

In His Love,

Suzanne

I doubt you will ever get that type of buy in from our nation as a whole. We are not a "christian nation", by any stretch of the imagination. I think our best approach is to attempt to lead our friends and neighbors to Christ. When their hearts change, then their desires will change. I am not saying that as believers we should not push for more "moral TV". But we need to realize that unless we change people's hearts, we are fighting a loosing battle

I agree, but the problem is, EVERYBODY already "claims" to be a Christian! I mean, with 85% claiming to be "Christian", you can't find the "lost" people anymore. :emot-hug:

It's hard to minister to those who think they've already received "the shot", they don't realize that they got a placebo, and need the REAL vaccine. (If that makes sense.)

In His Love,

Suzanne

Dear EricH,

In His Love,

Suzanne

Who is "we"?

This nation/society.

In His Love,

Suzanne

I agree, but the problem is, EVERYBODY already "claims" to be a Christian! I mean, with 85% claiming to be "Christian", you can't find the "lost" people anymore. :emot-hug:

It's hard to minister to those who think they've already received "the shot", they don't realize that they got a placebo, and need the REAL vaccine. (If that makes sense.)

In His Love,

Suzanne

It does make sense. I would almost rather minister in an environment that is brutally pagan. At least there is a clear line of separation. The environment we see today is exactly the environment Paul described in 2 Timothy 3:1-9 (specifically 3:5)

holding to the form of religion but denying its power. Avoid these people!

2 Timothy 3:5 HCSB

It does make sense. I would almost rather minister in an environment that is brutally pagan. At least there is a clear line of separation. The environment we see today is exactly the environment Paul described in 2 Timothy 3:1-9 (specifically 3:5)

holding to the form of religion but denying its power. Avoid these people!

2 Timothy 3:5 HCSB

Boy, no kiddin! Again, to me, reminds me of the "hot OR cold" issue. It's easy to gauge, rather than lukewarm. Lukewarm, you can't tell for sure which it is?

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

The point is not what the world watches but What christians watch or what they read etc

the world is lost in sin The Christians are to be seperate from the world but most christians watch the smut on tv and moives etc

there are ladies that meet every sunday moning before church to discuss their favorite soap and what happen that week now these are christian ladies and the soap is full of adultry living in sin homosexual activity etc and they see nothing wrong with watching this stuff

alot of christians go to the movies every week end their line is they don't drink or dance what else is there to do

they don't care what the movie is they go it does not bother them that the Lords name is taken in vain and all the imorrallity that goes on the nudiety etc they go to be entertained and it si so pervalient now they don't notice or have become desenctized to it

do I go to movies yes I do but I am selective about what I see do I read books yes but selective do I watch tv yes but selective

We have to be in the world but we do not have to be of the world

I guess I am one of the few that feels this way

In Christ

Irene