IGNORED

Can your name be blotted out of the Lamb's Book of Life?

Phil.2:12

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

In Revelation it talks about the Lamb's Book of Life that will be opened on the Day of Judgement. According to Scripture, your name is written in this Book of Life when you accept Jesus as your Savior. Once written in the Book of Life, can your name ever be erased from this Book? Please give Scriptural references that substantiate your viewpoint.

Exodus 32:33 "And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.

Apparently, it can be erased.

I've seen a lot of nice statements that God won't blot a name out of his book, yet scriptures indicate he will and has.

No, it doesn't.

:24:

The scripture in Revelations says if we overcome we won't be blotted out of his book, and the scripture in Exodus 32:33 has God saying he will blot out the names of those who sinned against him, speaking of those who committed idolatry. That is adequate proof a name can be removed from the Book of Life. If you disagree, please explain?

You have made an assumption that the book in Exodus is the same as the one in Revelation. On what basis have you made that assumption?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57

Because if i accept your losing salvation theory then the last time i checked..if one

cuts a branch, you cant paste it back on. ... 3xR0c|<stAr

Uhmmm technically you can! You can graft a cut branch. In fact, the vine that christ talks about is the House of Judah, and the christian gentiles are grafted into that vine as the house of israel. Sooooo based on that, you can cut a branch and graft it into another.

well if jumping in and out of salvation is cuting and pasting a tree branch over and over

then that should of been fit into the parable. it says cut then chunked in the fire because it didnt bear fruit.

thats why im saying the judgement seat of Christ.

Romans 11:22 "Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise, thou also shall be cut off.

Even if you have been graffed in you can be cut off.

This passage is not addressing individual salvation. It is addressing the Gentile / Jew question.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

Human beings can torture Scripture, the Greek, and Hebrew language to confess anything they desire. In simple language; If God created a human being who had no hope of ever being saved, then God can be accused of being the author of sin and death, as SATAN accuses Him of! If men are used by God, who knows their disposition and their nature, and even their weaknesses, to further His plan, and not give them the opportunity to repent as PETER DID REPENT WHEN HE CURSED GOD AND DENIED GOD THREE TIMES, then people can as free moral agents believe what they so desire.

For example; What if Judas had repented as soon as immediately he kissed Jesus? "Jesus, what came over me? Satan had me in his power! I repent of my sin in betraying you! Would Jesus have said this. Judas, old friend, no matter what you say, you never were saved and never will be saved. You were created by me to be doomed. I am using you to further my and my Fathers plan to save all other sinners EXCEPT YOU! Sorry, but thats the way it is. We knew you would suffer for all eternity in Hell, and we dont care, and even if we did WE COULD NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THIS????? but many other sinners have been saved because you betrayed me and through your prophisied betrayal I was able to die thereby saved the majority of men IF THEY REPENT WHICH YOU Just DID, BUT YOU WERE NEVER SAVED AND NEVER WILL BE EVEN THOUGH YOU DID REPENT. bad luck old friend. Your the bunny! We chose you and created you to be the fall guy, and not me?????????

Need I say any more, or are most sane people able to believe God the Father and His Son Jesus would be capable of something like this??????

Some will say, Judas was chosen and created to betray Jesus. God knew Judas would fall to temptation and betray Jesus, and God left Judas a way out, just as He has given every human being that sins a way out, and that is to repent of their sins. Judas is and was no exception.

Only a tyrant would use a human being like this, and God is not a tyrant and God would never let any human being die without an opportunity to repent. Judas was a saved man, He was chosen by God to be God's representative on the Earth at that time, and Judas, as the Scriptures state, "By Transgression fell." The only mistake Judas made was that he did not repent as Peter and the other apostles did after denying Christ. Judas was sorry that he betrayed Jesus, but he brooded over his sin and allowed Satan to convince hiself to commit suicide rather than repent of what he did.

AS I SAID, IF GOD CREATED JUDAS TO BE DAMNED IN ETERNAL HELL-FIRE WITHOUT ANY CHANCE TO REPENT OF HIS SIN AS EVERY SINGLE HUMAN BEING EVER CREATED ARE ABLE TO REPENT OF THEIR SINS , THEN GOD CAN BE ACCUSED OF BEING THE AUTHOR OF SIN AND DEATH AS SATAN ACCUSES GOD OF BEING.

THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO TWIST THESE SCRIPTURES TO MEAN ANY OTHER THING THAN WHAT THEY PLAINLY SAY.

The Holy Spirit through Luke records for us that JUDAS "BY TRANSGRESSION FELL" (Acts 1:15-25). Judas not only had a moral fall but "sin" caused it. Judas was not always a "devil" and a "thief." He became both after he had been saved for quite some time. Judas's weakness was the love of money and this caused his fall (John 12:6; Luke 22:5; Matt. 26:14-16). If he had refused to be treasurer of the first Christian disciples and had told them that money was his weakness, he would have been better off. Judas had seen Jesus escape the mob many times and he had no doubt the Lord would escape again and he would be thirty pieces better off.

It was not until the end of Christs ministry that Judas began to pilfer and to grow cold in his love of Christ. And it was not untill the last supper that the devil entered into his mind and became united in the same crime. Two days before the passover the devil put it into the heart of Judas to go top Christs enemies and betray Him. (Matt. 26:1-5, 14-16; John 13:2). It was at this time he openly broke away from christ AND SAUGHT THE OPPORTUNITY TO BETRAY HIM. Judas was sorry for his betrayal (Matt. 27:3-5), and he could have been forgiven as Peter was when he cursed God and denied Christ and fled like a coward at his test. But being of the disposition to do so Judas brooded over his sin and eventually yielded to satan to commit suicide. Judas then is a specific example of a New Testament man who was once saved and in God's favour and grace, but who lost this favour and went to Hell because of sin (Matt. 25:24 Acts 1:16-25).

Its this simple to understand. One cannot loose something we do not have! Jesus testified that to EVERY ONE [including Judas] the Father had given Him, He had given ETERNAL LIFE (John 17:2).

To deny Judas was once a saved man who lost his salvation is to deny Scripture and also deny Jesus Christs own statemens regarding Judas. Jesus also acknowledged to the Father that of those whom the Father had given Him Judas was the only one whom HE HAD LOST. Jesus Christ could not have LOST JUDAS HAD JUDAS NOT BEEN SAVED IN THE FIRST PLACE.! Judas had eternal life as much as the other apostles including Peter wo also denied Christ but he bacame "lost" and "by transgression fell" (Acts 1:25).

I believe in once saved always saved so im not saying Judas lost salvation. im saying he never had it.

Judas was to have his habitation desolate and be blotted out of the book of the living (Psalms 69:25-28 with Acts 1:20), and he was to have "Another take his place" in the Christian ministry and in the kingship over one of the tribes of Israel (Psalms 109:8). These passages were fulfilled in Judas according to Matthew 26:24; John 13:18 and Acts 1:16-25).

He must have had his name in the book of the living to have it be blotted out. If Judas's name was never in the book of life then all these passages above are totally meaningless.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/13/1934

Judas is a classic example of once saved then lost, and he had his name blotted out of the book of life.

There are many more such examples as Judas in the Scriptures. I have discussed this with several prominant board administrators and board founders and also many ministers, and to my surprise they fail to understand this despite the Scriptures plainly showing that a saved person who returnes to sin is lost unless they repent and return to Christ.

Judas had eternal life. He was a saved man. His name was written in the "Book of Life." Judas was a "Familiar Friend" of Christ who ate His bread (Psalm 41:9) Judas was not an enemy of Christ, but an equal in Grace, a guide, and a sweet acpuaintance; (Read these Scriptures for they are the truth, Psalms 55:12-13).

In Matt. 10 we have the facts recorded that Judas as one of the "twelve disciples" recieved power over demons, sickness and diseases and was called to preach the gospel. Of these twelve (Judas included) it is said that Christ gave them power and sent them forth, and commanded them to preach and to heal the sick. Jesus said to Judas and all the twelve, "Freely ye have recieved, freel give. . . and I send you forth as sheep . . . it shall not be ye that speak, but the spirit of your Father which speaketh in you" (Matt. 10:1-20).

These statements prove that Judas was once chosen and a genuine apostle. He was a true believer, a saved man, divinely empowered and equal in every sense with the others, a called preacher and a destroyer of Satans works. He was untill he sinned an obedient man, a sheep filled with the Spirit, and one who had God as his Father. In Mark 6:7-13 we read that the twelve (Judas included) went "forth two by two . . . and preached that men should repent. And they (Judas included) cast out demons and anointed with oil many that were sick, and healed them. This proves that Judas was a divinley efficient man, a sucessful preacher and had the power to heal.

If Judas was not a saved man, and if he could have done all these miracles as a lost sinner, then it would seem that the modern Christians who claim to be saved regardless of what they do should be able to do as much as Judas did whom they say was never saved.

It is insulting to Jesus Christ Himself and His Father in Heaven to accuse them of choosing an unsaved man to preach repentance and holiness, to heal the sick, to cast out demons, and the represent the Kingdom of God among men.

The only proof some men give to prove Judas was never saved is their OWN BELIEF that Judas was not a saved man at one time because he was FINALLY LOST.

Some cite John 6:64-70, but this passage does not say that Judas had at all times been a devil and unsaved. Jesus, in this Scripture was speaking of "some" of His disciples that believed not, and who should betray Him. The first part of this passage refers to the "some" that did not believe and does not include Judas. For after they had left Jesus JUDAS WAS STILL WITH THE TWELVE! whom Jesus asked, "Will ye also go away"???? See how easy it is to come to unsubstanciated conclusions!!! We must search the Scriptures like a bloodhound on the scent trail. Only the last part of this statement refers to Judas. Jesus knew who wdid not believe and He also knew who would betray Him. He did not say that Judas did not believe, nor that he was a devil from the beginning and therefore not a saved man.

The Holy Spirit through Luke records for us that JUDAS "BY TRANSGRESSION FELL" (Acts 1:15-25). Judas not only had a moral fall but "sin" caused it. Judas was not always a "devil" and a "thief." He became both after he had been saved for quite some time. Judas's weakness was the love of money and this caused his fall (John 12:6; Luke 22:5; Matt. 26:14-16). If he had refused to be treasurer of the first Christian disciples and had told them that money was his weakness, he would have been better off. Judas had seen Jesus escape the mob many times and he had no doubt the Lord would escape again and he would be thirty pieces better off.

It was not until the end of Christs ministry that Judas began to pilfer and to grow cold in his love of Christ. And it was not untill the last supper that the devil entered into his mind and became united in the same crime. Two days before the passover the devil put it into the heart of Judas to go top Christs enemies and betray Him. (Matt. 26:1-5, 14-16; John 13:2). It was at this time he openly broke away from christ AND SAUGHT THE OPPORTUNITY TO BETRAY HIM. Judas was sorry for his betrayal (Matt. 27:3-5), and he could have been forgiven as Peter was when he cursed God and denied Christ and fled like a coward at his test. But being of the disposition to do so Judas brooded over his sin and eventually yielded to satan to commit suicide. Judas then is a specific example of a New Testament man who was once saved and in God's favour and grace, but who lost this favour and went to Hell because of sin (Matt. 25:24 Acts 1:16-25).

Nice try, but Judas was not saved and neither were any of the other disciples when Jesus walked with them. For to be bibilically saved, one must accept the free gift of salvation that Jesus paid for with His blood, shed on the cross of Calvary. Since Jesus had not yet paid the sin debt of any of His disciples (including Judas), none of them could have been saved as the Scriptures explain salvation, during the time Jesus was physically with them. You need a better example for someone gaining and then loosing their salvation than Judas. Paul goes to some length explaining this situation to the believers in Jesus in his epistles as well as the book of Hebrews (actually an epistle to the Hebrews [Jews] in Rome).

A much better example of a person who was saved and then turned away from that salvation would be Demas, a fellow worker with Paul whom Paul reported had turned back to the world in his second letter to Timothy.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

Judas is a classic example of once saved then lost, and he had his name blotted out of the book of life.

There are many more such examples as Judas in the Scriptures. I have discussed this with several prominant board administrators and board founders and also many ministers, and to my surprise they fail to understand this despite the Scriptures plainly showing that a saved person who returnes to sin is lost unless they repent and return to Christ.

Judas had eternal life. He was a saved man. His name was written in the "Book of Life." Judas was a "Familiar Friend" of Christ who ate His bread (Psalm 41:9) Judas was not an enemy of Christ, but an equal in Grace, a guide, and a sweet acpuaintance; (Read these Scriptures for they are the truth, Psalms 55:12-13).

In Matt. 10 we have the facts recorded that Judas as one of the "twelve disciples" recieved power over demons, sickness and diseases and was called to preach the gospel. Of these twelve (Judas included) it is said that Christ gave them power and sent them forth, and commanded them to preach and to heal the sick. Jesus said to Judas and all the twelve, "Freely ye have recieved, freel give. . . and I send you forth as sheep . . . it shall not be ye that speak, but the spirit of your Father which speaketh in you" (Matt. 10:1-20).

These statements prove that Judas was once chosen and a genuine apostle. He was a true believer, a saved man, divinely empowered and equal in every sense with the others, a called preacher and a destroyer of Satans works. He was untill he sinned an obedient man, a sheep filled with the Spirit, and one who had God as his Father. In Mark 6:7-13 we read that the twelve (Judas included) went "forth two by two . . . and preached that men should repent. And they (Judas included) cast out demons and anointed with oil many that were sick, and healed them. This proves that Judas was a divinley efficient man, a sucessful preacher and had the power to heal.

If Judas was not a saved man, and if he could have done all these miracles as a lost sinner, then it would seem that the modern Christians who claim to be saved regardless of what they do should be able to do as much as Judas did whom they say was never saved.

It is insulting to Jesus Christ Himself and His Father in Heaven to accuse them of choosing an unsaved man to preach repentance and holiness, to heal the sick, to cast out demons, and the represent the Kingdom of God among men.

The only proof some men give to prove Judas was never saved is their OWN BELIEF that Judas was not a saved man at one time because he was FINALLY LOST.

Some cite John 6:64-70, but this passage does not say that Judas had at all times been a devil and unsaved. Jesus, in this Scripture was speaking of "some" of His disciples that believed not, and who should betray Him. The first part of this passage refers to the "some" that did not believe and does not include Judas. For after they had left Jesus JUDAS WAS STILL WITH THE TWELVE! whom Jesus asked, "Will ye also go away"???? See how easy it is to come to unsubstanciated conclusions!!! We must search the Scriptures like a bloodhound on the scent trail. Only the last part of this statement refers to Judas. Jesus knew who wdid not believe and He also knew who would betray Him. He did not say that Judas did not believe, nor that he was a devil from the beginning and therefore not a saved man.

Nice try, but Judas was not saved and neither were any of the other disciples when Jesus walked with them. For to be bibilically saved, one must accept the free gift of salvation that Jesus paid for with His blood, shed on the cross of Calvary. Since Jesus had not yet paid the sin debt of any of His disciples (including Judas), none of them could have been saved as the Scriptures explain salvation, during the time Jesus was physically with them. You need a better example for someone gaining and then loosing their salvation than Judas. Paul goes to some length explaining this situation to the believers in Jesus in his epistles as well as the book of Hebrews (actually an epistle to the Hebrews [Jews] in Rome).

A much better example of a person who was saved and then turned away from that salvation would be Demas, a fellow worker with Paul whom Paul reported had turned back to the world in his second letter to Timothy.

The thing is, I am not trying anything, I am quoting Scriptures, which is more than some do in presenting their pet theorys on doctrinal issues. If people chose to ignore Scripture, thats their business, not mine. Im not about convincing people to believe anything. Im not about saving anyone, thats God's job. I just quote the Scriptures, nothing more.

Judas was to have his habitation desolate and be blotted out of the book of the living (Psalms 69:25-28 with Acts 1:20), and he was to have "Another take his place" in the Christian ministry and in the kingship over one of the tribes of Israel (Psalms 109:8). These passages were fulfilled in Judas according to Matthew 26:24; John 13:18 and Acts 1:16-25). Their names were written in the book of life, thats what this thread is about.

When the people had sinned, and God was about to destroy them, Moses went up to make atonement for the people. Exodous 32:30. Moses asked God to remove his name from the book if God would not forgive them for their sin; READ (EXODUS 32:32). Moses had not sinned and asked God to remove his name from the book. God said "Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book" (Exodus 32:33). Moses's name must have been there for him to ask for it to be removed. God said no, lead the people etc., read it for yourself. Moses's name was in God's book of Life long before Jesus came to the Earth and died for our sins.Thats just common sense and easy to see,

He must have had his name in the book of the living to have it be blotted out. If Judas's name was never in the book of life then all these passages above are utterly and totally meaningless. As would the dialoge between Moses and God Himself in Exodus.

• 9 years later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 5/18/2007 at 2:29 PM, Phil.2:12 said:

In Revelation it talks about the Lamb's Book of Life that will be opened on the Day of Judgement. According to Scripture, your name is written in this Book of Life when you accept Jesus as your Savior. Once written in the Book of Life, can your name ever be erased from this Book? Please give Scriptural references that substantiate your viewpoint.

I'm sorry to desagree, but according to Holy Scripture, our name is written in the book of life before the foundation of the world.

·        “The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.” (Revelation 17.8).

And as to the question “Can your name be blotted out of the Lamb's Book of Life?”, please read the post https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/5752-cant-be-erased-from-the-book-of-life/?do=findComment&comment=2531761

Guest shiloh357
20 minutes ago, Leonardo Von said:

I'm sorry to desagree, but according to Holy Scripture, our name is written in the book of life before the foundation of the world.

·        “The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.” (Revelation 17.8).

No, that verse is referring to the unrepentant sinners who names have never been in the book of life since the earth has been in existence.   It is not saying that names of certain people or anyone at all, were written in the book of life before the earth was created.   it's really just a way of referring to the unbelievers.  It is not making a doctrinal statement about when our names were written in the book of life.

The names of those who have obeyed the Gospel and accepted Jesus as their Savior are the ones who names are then put into the book of life.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

On 5/18/2007 at 1:29 PM, Phil.2:12 said:

No. None that are in Christ can have their name removed from the book. 

John 6:39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day.

John 10:28–29 “I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand”

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,484
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

On 5/19/2007 at 0:49 PM, Butero said:

One of the arguments those who support OSAS keep holding to is saying that if you can lose salvation, that would mean Jesus' blood was not sufficient. That is absolute nonsense. His blood sacrificed is sufficient to save anyone that comes to him, but that doesn't mean that he will choose to force someone to remain saved if they choose to walk away, and it doesn't mean that he will keep someone saved that makes light of the sacrifice he made on the cross by continuning in sin after accepting him as Lord and Savior.

Then there is the argument that those who reject OSAS are saying we are saved by works. That is not true either. It is not possible to be saved by works because one sin will keep us from entering heaven. The wages of sin is death, period. That means if it were not for grace, nobody could ever be saved. Even those who are doing their very best are as filthy rags without the blood covering. At the same time, according to Hebrews, there is a difference between those who are doing their best and those who are walking in wilful disobedience. My position is that when we accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior, all past transgressions are under the blood, cast into the sea of forgetfulness. In addition, all sins we commit by error are covered. The only sins that are not covered are wilful transgressions. When we commit them, according to Hebrews, there remains no more sacrifice for those sins. To get right with God, you must confess those sins, and then Jesus is faithful and just to forgive and to cleanse from all unrighteousness. Under the Old Covenant, one would have to sacrifice a bull or goat to be cleansed, but that system was done away with.

The only people who are consistent in denying a works based salvation entirely are pure Calvanists. That would be those in the Primitive Baptist Church. That is because they believe God created you to be saved or lost before you were ever conceived. Someone made the point that God is all knowing and would have the ability to know who would serve and who would reject him. Calvanists teach that not only is he able to do that, but that he made you to choose or reject him by divine appointment. In other words, they teach that God created some to do good and some to do evil. He made Jacob to be his servant, and loved him, and created Esau to be an opposing force, and hated him. He made some people like Pharoah to do evil to show his power. That is where the entire OSAS doctrine originated, but most Baptists reject the doctrines of pre-destination and election as taught by Calvin, so they created the notion that you are saved, not by God's choice, but by our own choice, and that once we accept Jesus, we are forced to remain a Christian no matter what. We could become a serial killer, and if we were sincere when we accepted Jesus, we would remain saved. That is completely contradictory to the Bible. They try to explain that away by saying that perhaps they weren't really saved, but if they went to an altar by faith, that makes no sense. It would mean that they failed to do something right at the altar. That would create a work. We had to accept Jesus to be saved, and had to do it right or it wouldn't take. This contradicts numerous scriptures.

To me, there are only two possible choices that make sense. Either you are a pure Calvanist, and really have nothing to do with your being saved or lost, or you are someone who believes you can lose salvation if you commit wilful sins or reject the Lord after being saved. I can find numerous passages that contradict the OSAS doctrine taught by most Baptists today.

As I was a backsliding Christian for a long time. I've always pondered that question myself about OSAS. I always believed the Lord Jesus was born of a virgin, half man half God, lived a sinless life, died on the cross once for us, was resurrected by the Father on the third day, and went to be on the right hand of the Father. I didn't walk away from my belief of that ever. I was living a life to please my lusts and flesh and willfully living in sin. Fortunately for me, I have repented and try my best to walk as Christ commands us to do. 

Now there's very good arguments by respected scholars on both sides of the issue if you can lose your salvation. I'll be the first to say I'm not exactly sure on the issue, other than to use an analogy of sorts. 

Suppose I loved this girl and gave her an engagement ring, a down payment and a promise to my future bride that I would marry her. Then we got married and I gave her a gold wedding band and we got married. We would always be married unless she found someone or something else and completely rejected me and divorced me forever from her. She gave me back the engagement and wedding ring because she wanted no further reminder of me or me in her life anymore. 

On the other hand. When I married her, I gave her a present, free gift, a brand new automobile. The only condition with this gift was that she stay with me as long as I live as her husband. After her divorce and rejection of me, would it be lawful, proper, right and appropriate to take back that free gift she had previously accepted? 

Fortunately, if you're living and walking in Christ after accepting His free gift, losing your Salvation doesn't become an eternal issue. Personally speaking, your eternal destination hangs in the balance and the wrong idea of God's Word of Salvation will have eternal consequences. I don't want to bet my soul for eternity on anything less than always being in Christ Jesus.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

On 5/18/2007 at 1:38 PM, Butero said:

Exodus 32:33 "And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.

Apparently, it can be erased.

Old testament.