Does God love Homosexuals Too?

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Oh, I cannot do this anymore. Going around in circles like this.

There is no rational argument to show homosexuality is a choice. None. Quite frankly some of these arguments are becoming increasingly disjointed. I've heard of cases where Christians have to, point blank, ignore the obvious but this is just absurd.

If you weren't interested in discussing this then you could have just stated that at the outset and saved me all this time wasted.

Edited by Eukaryote

Guest HIS girl

There is no rational argument to show homosexuality is a choice. None. Quite frankly some of these arguments are becoming increasingly disjointed. I've heard of cases where Christians have to, point blank, ignore the obvious but this is just absurd.

If you weren't interested in discussing this then you could have just stated that at the outset and saved me all this time wasted.

But I could say the same to you too since you don't believe in anything Biblical - isn't that right? I could ask you why are you even on this thread. But we are discussing something important, in a civil way I hope.

Guest HIS girl
You do know that animals can be homosexual as well. Is that the result of The Fall? Is Satan trying to send critters to animal hell???

I'm sorry Jukia but this is just a plain non-sensical statement.

Animals aren't blessed with mans intelligence, and homosexuality in human terms is not even a part of animal make up. We are talking human beings here NOT animal and animal instincts/behaviours. Different thing.

Guest shiloh357

Yet, you really can't provide a reason as to why our position is wrong. You can whine and blither about "it's not rational," but you have yet to provide anything that possesses any intellectual, meaningful or substnantive value that a thinking person could appreciate. You have not provided anything "obvious" other than the obvious fact that all you are capable of are emotional, baseless rants.

There is nothing "disjointed" in what we have said. We have been perfectly clear and consistent in our presentation of why we believe as we do.

All you do is whine that we don't see this as you see it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,092
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

One can choose to molest children or not to, which we have established. One cannot choose to be homosexual. The two are not related.

1Co 6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

Fornication
- to act the harlot, i.e. (literally) indulge unlawful lust (of either sex), sexual interaction between individuals who are not married to each other.

This verse of scripture tells us that sexual sins are not only committed against God, but against one

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  26

Deleted.

Edited by Eukaryote

Guest HIS girl
Deleted.

When you come onto a Christian site, you will not have many here who see your point of view. We are not answerable to man but to God.

Guest HIS girl
You do know that animals can be homosexual as well. Is that the result of The Fall? Is Satan trying to send critters to animal hell???

AND Jukia,

Can you please NOT mock me in my Belief as I do NOT mock YOU in your unbelief.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Birthday:  09/23/1981

As we are created in the image of God, then every emotion we possess is possessed by God.

So God can lust? I mean, you could try and categorise lust as being exclusively a sin rather than an emotion, but the Bible states more than once that God is capable of jealousy despite jealousy/envy being a deadly sin, so it seems just as reasonable to conclude that, working from this basis, God can feel "sinful" emotions, too, rather than just pure ones.

Which raises the question: if God is perfect but can feel lust and jealousy, then are these emotions inherently sinful no matter who feels them, or are they only sinful for mankind, and not God?

We need to remember that God is a being of far more complex emotions that we are. We also need to remember that the bible was written largely by mankind. I honestly don't think that God lusts because lust has more to do with primitive sexual desires and I don't honestly believe that God has those in the sense that humans do. We must also remember that we are also more developed and complex animals. Mammals specifically.

I also think the terms jealousy and envy are used as a way for Moses et all to describe the emotion that God feels. I personally believe that God's feelings are far too complex for the human mind to understand, and what we can best liken to his emotion is human jealousy and envy.

God is a perfect and pure being. He cannot sin. Neither would He enforce a double standard in His laws.

• 5 months later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  04/18/1979

Yes, I typed this earlier but decided to post it as a topic so that I could get a legitimate response.

If God smote Sodom and Gomorrah (plz don't kill me on spelling, I do not have my bible on hand) for the homosexual acts committed there, does he love the gays? Or were they just so far gone that God knew that they would only pervert the world? What?

I think Sodom & Gomorrah were so far gone into sin that it angered God. Those cities were 100% corrupt, by the sound of it, so much so that their very existing was an insult to Him.

I would be very concerned if God did not love homosexuals. The Crucifixion was for everybody. Jesus did not say, "Love thy neighbour as thyself ... unless you don't approve of his lifestyle."