• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Most Mormons do not really know the full doctrine of their church

Here are some quotes past prophets of the church have said salvation.

Salvation not through accepting Jesus Christ, but Joseph Smith?

[There is] "no salvation without accepting Joseph Smith. If Joseph Smith was verily a prophet, and if he told the truth...no man can reject that testimony without incurring the most dreadful consequences, for he cannot enter the kingdom of God"

- Joseph Fielding Smith, Doctrines of Salvation, vol. 1, p.190

"No man or woman in this dispensation will ever enter into the celestial kingdom of God without the consent of Joseph Smith...every man and woman must have the certificate of Joseph Smith, junior, as a passport to their entrance into the mansion where God and Christ are"

- Prophet Birgham Young, Journal of Discourses, vol. 7, p.289

"He that confesseth not that Jesus has come in the flesh and sent Joseph Smith with the fullness of the Gospel to this generation, is not of God, but is anti-christ"

- Prophet Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, vol. 9, p.312

"If we get our salvation, we shall have to pass by him [Joseph Smith]; if we enter our glory, it will be through the authority he has received. We cannot get around him [Joseph Smith]"

- Prophet George Q. Cannon, as quoted in 1988 Melchizedek Priesthood Study Guide, p. 142

"I tell you, Joseph holds the keys, and none of us can get into the celestial kingdom without passing by him. We have not got rid of him, but he stands there as the sentinel, holding the keys of the kingdom of God.. But I tell you, the pinch will be with those that have mingled with us, stood next to us, weighed our spirits, tried us, and proven us: there will be a pinch, in my view, to get past them. The others, perhaps, will say, If brother Joseph is satisfied with you, you may pass. If it is all right with him, it is all right with me. Then if Joseph shall say to a man, or if brother Brigham say to a man, I forgive you your sins, "Whosoever sins ye remit they are remitted unto them;" if you who have suffered and felt the weight of transgression

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I had thought that Mormons were Christians. They say they belive in God, Jesus, and the fact that salvation is centred around his attonment. But, if they really belive that Joseph Smith holds the keys to the kningdom of God, I think they're in for a big suprise. The way of salvation is clear in the scritures here's 3:

" I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6

".... Belive on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved. You and your household." - Acts 16:31

That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has risen him from the dead, you will be saved. - Romans 10:9

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6

Joseph Smith was one of the greatest tricksters this side of Lucifer. He's duped nearly 9M current Mormons into believing they're Christians plus the vast majority of the rest of the world into believing Mormons are Christians. They're such good people and they are. Fact is, they cannot be Christians and Mormons at the same time.

As pointed out above, they can become Christians if they denounce Mormonism and receive Christ. I mentioned that in a Mormon chat room one time and someone said what do you mean you have to be saved? I explained it and asked if he wanted to be saved. He said yes. We started praying right then when I got booted out of the forum.

Why would Mormons be so upset if they believed in Christ?

The big false hoods of Mormonism is they believe God was created and actually has a heavenly mother. They don't believe in the Trinity. They belive Christ as a good person but he's not the way and the truth and the life as the Bible says. Joseph Smith said he took Christ's place as the true messiah.

Worse yet, they believe they will become Gods when they die. Brigham Young completely re-wrote John 1:12 which says if you receive Christ he gives you the power to become the sons of God. YOung changed that verse to read you get the power to become Gods.

Also, they baptise the dead. One man was baptized for the 1 millionth time after baptizing all his ancestors. LOL.

The Bible also says do not add or subtract from the Bible. Mormons say their Book of Mormons is the inspired supplement to the Bible.

:whistling:

Edited by OLD SCHOOL

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  28

You make many good points OLD SCHOOL. I have met with many missionaries, they never told me any of these things. The big thing they tried to get me to do was be baptized into their church. They said that it was a matter of athourity. Other churches don't have the authority to preform acts in God's name. But they do because they can trace the geneology back to apostles, who recived the athourity form Jesus himself. They told me if I did not do this. I could not recive salvation. They used John 3:5 to prove their case "Assuredly I say to you, unless one is born of water and of the sprit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God."

Have you had experinces with Mormons that made you uneasy OLD SCHOOL?

As pointed out above, they can become Christians if they denounce Mormonism and receive Christ. I mentioned that in a Mormon chat room one time and someone said what do you mean you have to be saved? I explained it and asked if he wanted to be saved. He said yes. We started praying right then when I got booted out of the forum.

Mormons are instructed not to listen to anything anti-mormon because it is from Satan.

The big thing they tried to get me to do was be baptized into their church.

Baptism is essential to salvation for Mormons. Being baptised means your recorded as a member. It is very difficult to remove your name once your listed. I was baptised in the church and left 3 years ago. I wrote letters of resignations for all the family and even received a letter from the bishop confirming we have been removed from their records.

I still get visited on occasions by missionaries specifically asking for us (those who have been baptised) to see how we are and if we are interested in coming back. Missionaries are always nice to us and are good people. Others in the church have been told not to talk to us at all unless we come back. It is the Mormon way.

Here are some other things Mormons believe which are considered meat of the Gospel and therefore not usually told to converts

God was once a man like us.

God has a tangible body of flesh and bone.

God lives on a planet near the star Kolob.

God ("Heavenly Father") has at least one wife, our "Mother in Heaven," but she is so holy that we are not to discuss her nor pray to her.

We can become like God and rule over our own universe.

There are many gods, ruling over their own worlds.

Jesus and Satan ("Lucifer") are brothers, and they are our brothers - we are all spirit children of Heavenly Father

Jesus Christ was conceived by God the Father by having sex with Mary, who was temporarily his wife.

We should not pray to Jesus, nor try to feel a personal relationship with him.

The "Lord" ("Jehovah") in the Old Testament is the being named Jesus in the New Testament, but different from "God the Father" ("Elohim").

In the highest degree of the celestial kingdom some men will have more than one wife.

Before coming to this earth we lived as spirits in a "pre-existence", during which we were tested; our position in this life (whether born to Mormons or savages, or in America or Africa) is our reward or punishment for our obedience in that life.

Dark skin is a curse from God, the result of our sin, or the sin of our ancestors. If sufficiently righteous, a dark-skinned person will become light-skinned.

The Garden of Eden was in Missouri. All humanity before the Great Flood lived in the western hemisphere. The Ark transported Noah and the other survivors to the eastern hemisphere.

Not only will human beings be resurrected to eternal life, but also all animals - everything that has ever lived on earth - will be resurrected and dwell in heaven.

Christ will not return to earth in any year that has seen a rainbow.

Mormons should avoid traveling on water, since Satan rules the waters.

The sun receives its light from the star Kolob.

If a Gentile becomes Mormon, the Holy Ghost actually purges his Gentile blood and replaces it with Israelite blood.

Woman receive salvation only through their Mormon husband and they must continually become pregnant for eternity.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

If a Gentile becomes Mormon, the Holy Ghost actually purges his Gentile blood and replaces it with Israelite blood.

Those are new ones on me. I didnt know they believed this.

Those are new ones on me. I didnt know they believed this.

The rainbow is a prophecy from Joseph Smith himself

The water belief can be found in D&C (61 I think?)

With the Israelite blood I was told that when you are a Mormon you can be traced to one of the 12 Tribes of Israel. It is apparently told to you by a Priesthood blessing.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  130
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/25/1976

You make many good points OLD SCHOOL. I have met with many missionaries, they never told me any of these things. The big thing they tried to get me to do was be baptized into their church. They said that it was a matter of athourity. Other churches don't have the authority to preform acts in God's name. But they do because they can trace the geneology back to apostles, who recived the athourity form Jesus himself. They told me if I did not do this. I could not recive salvation. They used John 3:5 to prove their case "Assuredly I say to you, unless one is born of water and of the sprit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God."

Have you had experinces with Mormons that made you uneasy OLD SCHOOL?

That is taken completely out of context. Look at the verse in context.

1There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

2The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

3Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Jesus was saying that we must be born twice to enter His Kingdom. Once from our mothers (water) and by Grace through Faith(Spirit). I know many people use this verse to indicate Baptism is a requirement for Salvation, but I don't think that is what Jesus was saying here.

Ephesians 2:8-9

8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

This passage makes no mention of baptism being required.

Edited by chrisb

Guest LadyC
Baptism is essential to salvation for Mormons. Being baptised means your recorded as a member. It is very difficult to remove your name once your listed. I was baptised in the church and left 3 years ago. I wrote letters of resignations for all the family and even received a letter from the bishop confirming we have been removed from their records.

this momentarily sparked fear in my spirit... what if my daughter gets baptised into the mormon church? and then just as quickly, the fear left me... whether or not the mormon church would remove her name from their records is irrelevant. God knows the heart... when you renounced mormonism, God knew you did so. even if THEY had never removed your name from their records, GOD had removed you from it.