F8thNJesus

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

First of all, let me say this. This thread, is not a witch hunt for those suffering from mental illness. That was in no way my intention.

The main thing I feel is that any person invloved in sin, ie* lewd uncontrolled language, murderous or violent acts upon others or themselves, compulsive stealing, anger, sexual addiction, depression (leading to a loss of faith in God), that has been diagnosed as having a mental disorder, has been led astray, and should not use the worldly diagnosis as a reason to continue in that sin.

First, to have demonic bondage, does the person have to have opened themself up for it - to allow the demon in? I guess what I'm asking, really is - to assume a person's mental illness is really demonic bondage, are you saying that the person had something they could have done (prayer, etc.) to prevent the demon - and that at some point, choice was involved.

James 1:13-15 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man. But every man is tempted when he is drawn away of his own lust and enticed. then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished bringeth forth death.

Scripture covers a couple of questions. God will not allow a "sickness" on us that would cause us to sin, therefore it has to be from the demonic realm, secondly yes the person had to allow it in. or a generational curse because of unrepented sin.

James 5:13-16 I s any among you afflicted? Let him pray. Is any merry? Let him sing psalms. Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anotinting him with oil in the name of the Lord: and the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and The Lord shall raise him up; and if he hath committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. Confess your faults one to another, and pray for one another, thay ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Second, do you also feel that other illnesses can be demonic - such as cancer, MS, etc.?

If we as christians have repented fasted and prayed as christians for the healing for a sickness such as ms, or cancer and it has yet to be healed, then we might be suffering for Christs sake. Note I am not saying it won't be healed.

1 Peter4:1216 & 19 Beloved, think it not stange concerning the fiery trial wichi s to try you, as though some stange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. If ye be reproached for the name of Christ happy are ye; for the Spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of but on your part he is glorified. But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evil doer, or as a busybody in other men's matters. Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed: but let him glorify God on this behalf. For the time is come that Judgement must begin at the house of God: and if it first beginat us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

19 Wherefore, let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

Again I think this points out that God will not allow us to suffer somehing that would cause us to sin. then Vs 19 says " those that suffer according to God's will". we have a father that will tell us whether our suffering is of his will. That is why when we are afflicted, we should pray, and not just ask for deliverance, but seek the Lord for his will concerning any sickness or affliction. He shows the righteous man every good path!.

Some have stated that the mind is not a physical organ. But, to me, the brain is. How can an illness be demonic possession when it can also be assisted/corrected by regulating or adjusting the enzymes or body chemicals that flow through the brain?

I do not see any where in the bible concerning sin,that Jesus told us to go to the doctor, to see if it was related to a medical condition. Sin is a condition of the heart.

And last, what about children? I've seen serious mental illness in children as young as 2 or 3. And often in kids ages 6 - 8. And how would autism spectrum disorders fall in this theory? Autism, being not defined as a mental illness, but definately has a behavioral component?

proverbs says that "folly is found in the heart of the child". Another scripture says that if you "teach your children in the ways of the Lord, he will not fall far from it. " we have that promise whether our children are normal, or handicapped. If anything inhibits us from exhibiting the fruit of the spirit including our children, is from the enemy, and should be attacked in the spiritual realm.

1 Cor 11:29-30 But let man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. For he that eateth and drinketh unworhily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerining the Lord's body. For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

the above scripture says that the reason "many" not "all" are sick, is because of an unchecked heart. we cannot put every person in a box, and say they are sick because of sin. It could be a uninvited attack from the enemy. And with God, we are more than conquerers through Christ who strengthens us.

"Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear [the guilty]; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth [generation]." (Exd. 34:7)

this is a promise that God will forgive the sin of one upon the thousands of generations afterwards, but the unrepented will have that sin visited upon them to the third and fourth generation. this should not go unchecked. we should always seek the fathers wisdom concerning sickness and sin in our lives, and our children. He will reveal the plans of the Devil over our lives, and Gods word in the above scripture serves as a Big warning concerning our responsibility to seek God with all of our heart, and when we need his guidance to have a humble and open heart, and be open to rebuke concernig things going on in our childrens lives.

Hopefully this was not too scattered to follow

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  613
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  04/02/1959

Let me just clarify for the record, that not all mental illness is caused by demons.... this is where discernment comes in, lots is due to things going on in the world today, autisnm is something i believe is cauesed by vaccinactions.... ect.....still in agreement with main post...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

I believe that many cases are truly a mental Illness, but I do strongly believe that many are demonic bondages, The secular world doesn't even concider this, and does not have a cure for this, only Jesus can set them free.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

I'd tread carefully. If exorcising demons from a Christian standpoint really worked, we wouldn't have mental illness today. :laugh:

-let us not call removing a demon exorcism...I really hate the use of that word. Mental illness is ever present worlwide. and alot of people in the hospital here are christians as well. Many years ago when dungeons and dragons were being played the institutions were overwhelmeded with nonchristians who had tried to commit suicide, kill another because their ----was killed off.

If we did a psychological profile on all those who God had called more than half would have been on medication today accordding to our standards and most half of the apostles we would not allow to work in the church for one reason or another!!!

I can only talk from what I know, so here goes. Woman do go nutty that one time of the month...noot all women. Some are only given meds at that time. Menopausal woman as well. Post birthing mothers. what makes one worse than the other? You can say it is demons...genetic...chemical or i love this one 'Lack of faith' !

Either way First a good physical is always initiated. Diabetes cause mood swings, thyroid problems. pituitary problems, Brain cysts, nervous system infections and other infections not to mention allergies to wheat, milk and other things.

Then you have lack of vitamins. Lack of vitamin 'd' these days because people use sunblock can cause pain tru-out the bone and muscular system. It happened to me.

I have seen two older men come into the hospital acting pleasantly drunk who never had a drop of alcohol, their potassium was very low...So if you have a head ache take some motrin do not blame it on a demon.

Once deliverance is set into motion especially in a psych unit the others become scared and aware,the demons that is.

I have been called to fu home to do deliverance of all places...with success in mostly invovled the saved children of a herion ,prostitute who gave her life to the Lord 6 mos befor dying...The children more or less were vexed from outside and their own thoughts were given the enemy ability to torment them... There were four in particular and they were being taken care of by thier moms nonbelieveing sister who could not help them. They are alrigh now but they needed to forgive thier mom...Spirit of rejection to be removed and for Jesus to come in and take over those area with healing in thier wings...This had to be done at the time...They were six hours in driving time and i and another could not say when we will be able to return. But Jesus had it all handle.

Christians are sometimes unaware of this ministry and many do not want to even bother with it. Many Believe it all happens at one time, it doesn't. It all happens in layers. My teacher was all by herself when she traveled the world for many did not belive in this ministry and still today i get persecuted for it I ignore the ignorant. But the person I learned under and I still need to learn from at times has been doing this for 60 yrs. That is before I was born!!!

Ther is many types but there is one I heard of I do not like... but because I do not like it does not mean it is wrong and that is the one where people are categorized into sanquine personality and others. That teaching came originally came from Carl Jung but God use all things.. I would rather relky totally on the Holy Spirit

How many People actually pray over your food, not to get people paranoid but your food is no longer pure any more...a lot of poisons in it!!! thanks for listening to my ramblings.... patricia

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

Here is an article that JustinM posted in spiritual warfare that addresses this very subject the best..

I deal with this issue in the ministry I am involved in and I have preached the same message. I could not have said it better....

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=57143

Blessings, Karen

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

I'd tread carefully. If exorcising demons from a Christian standpoint really worked, we wouldn't have mental illness today. :laugh:

-let us not call removing a demon exorcism...I really hate the use of that word. Mental illness is ever present worlwide. and alot of people in the hospital here are christians as well. Many years ago when dungeons and dragons were being played the institutions were overwhelmeded with nonchristians who had tried to commit suicide, kill another because their ----was killed off.

If we did a psychological profile on all those who God had called more than half would have been on medication today accordding to our standards and most half of the apostles we would not allow to work in the church for one reason or another!!!

I can only talk from what I know, so here goes. Woman do go nutty that one time of the month...noot all women. Some are only given meds at that time. Menopausal woman as well. Post birthing mothers. what makes one worse than the other? You can say it is demons...genetic...chemical or i love this one 'Lack of faith' !

Either way First a good physical is always initiated. Diabetes cause mood swings, thyroid problems. pituitary problems, Brain cysts, nervous system infections and other infections not to mention allergies to wheat, milk and other things.

Then you have lack of vitamins. Lack of vitamin 'd' these days because people use sunblock can cause pain tru-out the bone and muscular system. It happened to me.

I have seen two older men come into the hospital acting pleasantly drunk who never had a drop of alcohol, their potassium was very low...So if you have a head ache take some motrin do not blame it on a demon.

Once deliverance is set into motion especially in a psych unit the others become scared and aware,the demons that is.

I have been called to fu home to do deliverance of all places...with success in mostly invovled the saved children of a herion ,prostitute who gave her life to the Lord 6 mos befor dying...The children more or less were vexed from outside and their own thoughts were given the enemy ability to torment them... There were four in particular and they were being taken care of by thier moms nonbelieveing sister who could not help them. They are alrigh now but they needed to forgive thier mom...Spirit of rejection to be removed and for Jesus to come in and take over those area with healing in thier wings...This had to be done at the time...They were six hours in driving time and i and another could not say when we will be able to return. But Jesus had it all handle.

Christians are sometimes unaware of this ministry and many do not want to even bother with it. Many Believe it all happens at one time, it doesn't. It all happens in layers. My teacher was all by herself when she traveled the world for many did not belive in this ministry and still today i get persecuted for it I ignore the ignorant. But the person I learned under and I still need to learn from at times has been doing this for 60 yrs. That is before I was born!!!

Ther is many types but there is one I heard of I do not like... but because I do not like it does not mean it is wrong and that is the one where people are categorized into sanquine personality and others. That teaching came originally came from Carl Jung but God use all things.. I would rather relky totally on the Holy Spirit

How many People actually pray over your food, not to get people paranoid but your food is no longer pure any more...a lot of poisons in it!!! thanks for listening to my ramblings.... patricia

Bless you Patricia~sounds like we are in the same field!!!

Karen

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

I'd tread carefully. If exorcising demons from a Christian standpoint really worked, we wouldn't have mental illness today. :lightbulb2:

Bless you Patricia~sounds like we are in the same field!!!

Karen

I enjoyed that article and sent to my e-mail. I am a nurse But Taking courses in certain specialties. Behavior modification Works for those who want a better quality of life. We do not want to hear excuse for ones behavior so to speak. we want that person to accept resposibility for their own behavior. Either stay miserable or move on...but do not waste our time so to speak. WE are compassionate though, but it boils down to that in a nutshell. And i will be changing careers soon and renew my counseling liscense, Took off to take care of my daughter who is seven. I bless you in Jesus' Name as well .. and by The way you have a real sweet Spirit. Mine is not as sweet...l0l... patricia

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

thank GOd for people like Patricia and Karen that have the Father's heart concering these people left by the wayside.

Just a note, My husband was in a mental institution as a teen because of the atrocities that happened to him as a child. He went through delieverance, one time because he wanted the happiness he saw in me, and when a friend I thought was strong in the Lord committed to do it, I thought it was wonderful. Yes he went through a change though very shor lived, and we endured some great hardships because of his ultiamate fall. He was never counseled, and when one day in prayer, after a short while of me being a christian, and my husband was wanting to recieve healing from the Lord for the past, we went to my pastor at the time, and he replied he would tell his wife that was the intercessor to pray for him. My husband quickly fell by the wayside, and it has been a battle since. Now we have a grounded church that believes in deliverance, but is grounded in Godly counseling as well. My husband is slowly but surely developing a relationship with the counselor, and I believe that soon, he will be able to see the need to be healed from the past. Childhood abuse, and SRA>

Demonic bondage is very real, and yet we have to use GOdly wisdom when addressing it.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  04/24/1975

F8thNJesus - Bravo!

I agree with your comments and have learned from them - thanks.

I just want to make 3 points clear

1. I am in no way witch hunting or pointing fingers at the mentally ill, I'm just trying to make sense of this harsh illness. Everybody sins, everybody has their problems and no-one can judge another except the Lord God. ALL fall short of the Glory of God.

2. I am in no way a psychological professional and have come to my own conclusions (which are open to correction) through my belief that the spiritual realm (the Lord God and his Angels, satan and his demons) have a much larger influence on our lives and the way we live than secular society thinks.

As far as mental illness goes I guess I'm saying that I believe that although mental illness has physical symptoms through actions and brain chemical imbalances, I believe it may also have a lot to do with the spiritual side of humans and interference from demons or satan or demonic possession and that that possession varies.

3. I do not believe that all sicknesses and illnesses are caused by demonic possession, and believe that the majority of illnesses are either from sin, the curse God placed on all creation since the fall of man/Adam (I believe 'natural' illness would also fall under this), and as F8thNJesus stated, attacks from satan (thanks F8thNJesus, I never thought of that simple possibility).

Oh, and I don't like the term exorcism either, just didn't know what else to call it because "casting out of demons in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ" just seems so long to type - call me lazy, I know :emot-questioned:

Some have stated that the mind is not a physical organ. But, to me, the brain is. How can an illness be demonic possession when it can also be assisted/corrected by regulating or adjusting the enzymes or body chemicals that flow through the brain?

Correct, the mind is not physical but the brain is. I believe, though, that the mind resides within the brain and the two work hand in hand. Tamper with the one and you'd be tampering with the other.

Is it possible that drugs might inhibit a demon's actions when it possesses a physical being, thus helping the patient? OR Could drugs give the impression that the patient is better - after all, stop the drugs and the illness returns. IF I am correct about demonic possession in mental illness AND IF drugs could somehow inhibit a demon's actions then we must remember that this is not a cure, the patient is still possessed and that demons can ONLY be cast out in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

But lets not forget (according to that article) some patients, in extreme cases of mental illness, kill people while still under medication, ruling out the "drugs might inhibit demons"

theory of mine. Could it be demonic deception that in some cases drugs work?

In any case I'm only giving theories and ideas, not fact (except where backed up by the Scriptures).

Any thoughts, folks?

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  249
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Let me just clarify for the record, that not all mental illness is caused by demons.... this is where discernment comes in, lots is due to things going on in the world today, autisnm is something i believe is cauesed by vaccinactions.... ect.....still in agreement with main post...

Are you serious when you say you think autism is caused by vaccinations and what evidence would you have for that view-point.