• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  653
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/26/1977

I am not wanting to be disagreable, I really want to know.

What scriptures show that the EU is supposed to become something?

The EU is not spicifically name but the discription of the nation that is the EU along with other prophetic scripture is discribed in ch. 17 of the book of Revelation.

There may not be a specific scripture calling out the EU. Nevertheless, Rev. talks about a beast coming out of the sea with 10 horns and seven heads. The nations of Earth are uniting themselves together making the world smaller and more managable. It's much easier to manage seven unions than 200 independant countries.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

I am not wanting to be disagreeable, I really want to know.

What scriptures show that the EU is supposed to become something?

The EU is not specifically name but the description of the nation that is the EU along with other prophetic scripture is described in ch. 17 of the book of Revelation.

There may not be a specific scripture calling out the EU. Nevertheless, Rev. talks about a beast coming out of the sea with 10 horns and seven heads. The nations of Earth are uniting themselves together making the world smaller and more manageable. It's much easier to manage seven unions than 200 independent countries.

Good point and I agree. In the bible the horn represents power and authority. I believe that we are looking at 10 economic blocks with the EU being the biggest. The seven heads represent seven heads of state and the sea represents "the sea of humanity" The beast spoken of is of this world. It is an economic system. In verse 10 of chapter 17 it says "There are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is and the other is not yet come" etc. The seven kings represent seven kingdoms which conquered, enslaved and murdered the people of God IE the Isrealites. The five that are fallen were empirors like the Assyrians, the Egyptians, the Babylonians, the Persians and Alexander the Great. The one that is, was the Roman empiror and the one which is to come was the Third Riech. In verse 11 the eighth will be the kingdom which is lead by the antichrist. He will be the kindom.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

high tsth

well at one time us christians in Australia wear looking to America as we have been hearing what god has been doing in the christian comunity with in the widder part of america but know with the war and everything else we are hearing from this side of the world by some of the christians i know i dont know to be honest as i stil love hearing reports to what god is doing in the widder christian comunity i support vinyard ministrys as john wimber before he passed away and went home to be with his father in heaven his team came to australia and did a holiness unto the lord confrence and my friends who took me to my very first christian confrence i was blown away by this mans gifted preaching and the worship that came threw this confrence

i feel that all the christian comunity needs to get together and start crying out to god the christian comunity hear in Australia has been doing this tsth i am not knocking your country down i am just saddend at some of the things i am hearing sevral of us have been keeping your country in our prayers as one day i would like to viset america as i have seen so much on the documetrys i watch about America

so one day i am planning to viset America with my partner

this is all i can say what i have been observing from my side of the world

once america was blessed but i feel it wil come back if the christians got together as one and realy cried out to god as you have us Aussies hear in Australia keeping the christian comunity of the wider part of America in our prayers

god bless from damo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Dear damo,

That is very kind and brotherly of you. I think we do covet the prayers of those in other nations. I don't think we hear about others praying for us much anymore. :whistling:

We are beginning to see things like this:

http://drudgereport.com/flash9pb.htm

more and more.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  06/05/1952

I don't think America as a nation is either blessed or cursed. I believe individuals within America to be either blessed or not blessed, depending on their obedience to the Word. Un.like under the Old Covenant, G-d deals with individuals today, although individuals do make up a nation.

I do have a question for you Marnie. How do you know that? I have heard people make statements like this before, that God no longer judges nations, or that he deals with nations differen't today than under the Old covernant, but what is that based on? Do you have any scripture that shows that to be the case? I'm not asking you this just to be argumentative, but because I am trying to understand where this belief comes from, since I have never seen it in the Bible.

Psalm 33:8-19

8 Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.

9 For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast.

10 The LORD bringeth the counsel of the heathen to nought: he maketh the devises of the people of none effect.

11 The counsel of the LORD standeth for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations.

12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.

13 The LORD looketh from heaven; he beholdeth all the sons of men.

14 From the place of his habitiation he looketh upon all the inhabitants of the earth.

15 He fashioneth their hearts alike; he considereth all their works.

16 There is no king saved by the multitude of an host: a mighty man is not delivered by much strength.

17 An horse is a vain thing for safety: neither shall he deliver any by his great strength.

18 Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy;

19 To deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine.

I do not know about the judging of nations but I do know we will be judged for self and self alone. There are many people in "heathen" nations who are born again Christians. I even know of one who lives in Pakistan. Just to make a short response to the post.

Willow99

• Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

http://www.thejournalnews.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../711250322/1066

Overall, Americans are expected to spend an estimated $48.7 billion on their pets in 2007, nearly twice the amount of a decade ago and growing at more than 7 percent a year, according to Packaged Facts, a consumer research company in Rockville, Md. Already, spending exceeds the gross domestic product of about 120 nations.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Overall, Americans are expected to spend an estimated $48.7 billion on their pets in 2007, nearly twice the amount of a decade ago and growing at more than 7 percent a year, according to Packaged Facts, a consumer research company in Rockville, Md. Already, spending exceeds the gross domestic product of about 120 nations.

How does this go along with the topic at hand?

Is it that America is so blessed that if some people want to spend money on their pets, they can afford to do it?

What's wrong if people want to pamper their pets?

They earned that money, can't they spend it on whatever they want to?

• Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

How does this go along with the topic at hand?

Is it that America is so blessed that if some people want to spend money on their pets, they can afford to do it?

What's wrong if people want to pamper their pets?

They earned that money, can't they spend it on whatever they want to?

Half the world lives on less than $2/day-Luke 12:48 for one Scripture {say that America is or WAS indeed blessed by THE Lord}. Among others, this Scripture has been heavily with me for years {just the fact of this:1 baby is aborted/murdered in this country every 20 seconds-to me, 1st degree State sanctioned/supported/protected murder. The LORD HATES the shedding of "innocent blood"-an abomination unto Him-Proverbs 6 for one of many Scriptures on that}:

Eze 16:48 [As] I live, saith the Lord GOD, Sodom thy sister hath not done, she nor her daughters, as thou hast done, thou and thy daughters.

Eze 16:49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

Eze 16:50 And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw [good].

9/11; Katrina-"the worst natural disaster in USA history". Pestilence just here in NYS, seemingly a new one every week or so. Droughts in southeast. Wildfires in California. Obesity pandemic/type-2 diabetes the cause.....

Any National repentence/face down/prayer and fasting as a Nation, pleading for mercy/forgiveness???

Some more of , to me, the latest "soundbites" on what is going on:

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/printarti...&id=7854250

http://www.heraldextra.com/content/view/245004/

http://zmagsite.zmag.org/May2006/levine0506.html

• Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

The national behaviour of the people of the USA is a mixed bag of generosity and deprivaty. Because of this, there is both blessing and cursing on us, in certain areas of life, and in certain areas of the nation. America gets a lot of grace because there are many that are in prayer asking God for grace and mercy for America.

The bible indicates that any nation can get to the place where God has had enough of that, and I suspect that we are getting to the place where enough will be enough, but in the meantime, we are blessed in that we can freely worship God and assemble with almost no limits, and that is a great blessing. America is well known for having a great abundance of so many things, and that has the potential to be a blessing, but if we are greedy and merciless, that blessing can quickly become a curse.

In so many ways, we are both blessed and cursed.

God, please bless America. America bless God!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

The national behaviour of the people of the USA is a mixed bag of generosity and deprivaty. Because of this, there is both blessing and cursing on us, in certain areas of life, and in certain areas of the nation. America gets a lot of grace because there are many that are in prayer asking God for grace and mercy for America.

The bible indicates that any nation can get to the place where God has had enough of that, and I suspect that we are getting to the place where enough will be enough, but in the meantime, we are blessed in that we can freely worship God and assemble with almost no limits, and that is a great blessing. America is well known for having a great abundance of so many things, and that has the potential to be a blessing, but if we are greedy and merciless, that blessing can quickly become a curse.

In so many ways, we are both blessed and cursed.

God, please bless America. America bless God!

Well said! I'm tired of hearing how awful the U.S. is........although, I admit, we need a lot of prayer. :grin: