• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

hay ray ok this might get into a war zone but i like to be the rebbel and i hear what you are saying brother i read threw this post just to se wear people are going with this and i have the jist to what i want to say hear as well

their are sevral tv preachers i like to listen to but what i do is this i have my own bible by my side and ready to be used i also have a note pad with pen next to me as i am up early as i live in australia so i get to watch the ones i like to listen to and i wil be also geting austar pay tv with christian channels as i was told i can get this man on tv who i like very much his name is bishop td jakes you can google this and see what he does in texas he talked hear in Australia and i am geting his dvds

what i do is this i ask the holy spirit to guide me and if anything these tv preachers has anything that wil speak into my life then guide me threw the living word so as if i am not being taken advantage of i am very grounded in gods word i am very strong in my own walk so i know if something funny is being preached or said on tv i wil not listen to this

i like hill song brian huston he comes on sudays in australia and i have been to his church he wil not lead no one astray as i know him very wel our church plays a lot of their new worship stuff that comes out on cd and i have sevral of hill songs cds my self and music books as well

joyce myer both me and my wife who lives in the philippines loves joyce myer and then their is benny hinn as my wife when benny hinn comes to the philippines sings in his choir as the pastors in the philippines and in singapoer support benny hinn ministrys i am not pluging benny hinn and people need to do as i do when it comes to benny hinn as i only listen to see what the spirit has to say to me

cooton wood which is a church in america this comes on saturdays and the preaching and teaching is very good

and keneth copland i have sevral of his books now i weight to be fired upon by what i have said and jotted down

we have a church bus its a 22 seater and we have alocated drivers that can drive the bus and the bus is used to pick those that have not got transport also the people in our church with cars also pick people up as well as we have all been their and we understand what its like to want to come to church but when you have not got the transport its hard to even ask

that is why a lot of people like to listen to these guys as these guys wil reach a more bigger audiance then the body can and what we should be doing as gods people is this pray that they do not fall for the enemys tricks as these guys are human just like you and me and even though many of us do not like tv preachers what is stopping god from working threw these guys to wear they can win many souls into the kingdom ?

i use to be very judgmental of benny hinn yet i had to repent as this mans team helped my wife to be set up an orphanage and his team showed her how to get sponcer ship wear the kids needs are provided for like food clothes bed linnen beds and even to wear she has now set up a school and is head principal to wear these orphans are also getting an education also his team showed her how to get funds to wear the medical needs of these orphans are being met

so how can this then be a money grabbing man who just wants peoples money ?

these guys wil not lead any one astray as i feel they them selves know that they wil be dealt with god also billy graham is very good as well he reaches many lonly people on a bigger number than benny hiinn

these are my ones that i would recomemnd brian huston cares for people he has a good heart and all his worship team are like him they all have a caring soul when it comes to the lonley and the lost and the homeless these people put their own money to help the needy

yet good luck as this one is going to tick a few people as well so get ready to dig your trenches get your hand granades ready and full body armor

blessings from your brother in the lord damien

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

OP - just like if you were visiting churches -

Listen to the ministers - Do they preach The Word? Just rely on Yahweh to lead you.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

I need to ammend my earlier post.

If anyone preachs and teaches the truth that blesses and feeds you, no problem from me, but I don't think media ministry is what Jesus had in mind for the shutins.

We are expected to go to them, they need friends, they need fellowship, and who knows? They might need food or some other thing that you can help them with.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Most churches have some sort of outreach to shutins, or people that have no transportation. I know we do; it's not an official "church" ministry, but there are a couple of families who pick up others on the way to service. Some churches have buses. We have debated on leasing taxis for Sunday mornings for just this purpose. TV preachers, the good ones I mean, are at best supplements to real ministry in and with the Body of Christ. They are like lettuce or other garnish on the plate next to your steak.

I know many are out there with no transpotation who love to come to church alomost anywhere if they could get there. But the transportation they do have to get them to church is not reliable. How do we recomend a TV pastor to them. They have no access to a computer but need to hear God's word some how and TV is the best avenue for them. Who can we reccomend since so many of them have bad raps.

Thanks,

God Bless,

ray

There is some good advice posted here.

Speaking as someone who hasn't been able to afford a car for over 5 years: If someone at the church is not willing to help someone get back and forth to church, then there is something seriously wrong with that particular chruch! I've run into a couple of places like that over the years, and needless to say those places are where I do not go to church. Whether a person has a car or not should not stop them from getting to church.

I live in a area where we have bus service, so I am able to use that to get back and forth. I don't live near the church I go to, but there are people there who are willing to pick others up, etc. We also have a van used mainly for the kids too. The transportation problem is usually taken care of by word of mouth a the church I go to -- people call around to find someone with an empty seat in the car, etc.