IGNORED

The Heretical Commitments To Christ

poorinspirit

Dear Brother PoorInSpirit

Please Forgive Us.

It Is Possible We Are Talking But The Words We Use (Including The Precious Bible) Mean Different Things To Us?

Are You Using The Word Commitment To Maybe Mean Rule Following???

We Use The Word Commitment To Mean The All Consuming Devotion And Desire To Please God.

To Express Our Adoration Of The Godhead In All His Glory And Power And Dominion.

To Worship The Father, The Son And The Holy Ghost.

Are You Growing Weary With Your Brothers And Sisters At Worthy Ministries????

And I Would Guess, Are You Not Just A Little Confused As To Why We Don't Get It?????

Dear Brother

Please Explain As Best As You Can What You Fear For Us If We Continue To Worship God.

Do You Have Questions About Our Statement Of Faith?

Perhaps We Can Help You To Better Understand?

We believe in the triunity of God. We believe that God is eternally One, and also eternally the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit -- the three being distinct, but not separate. Each Person of the Godhead coexists from everlasting to everlasting.
http://www.worthyministries.com/faith/

Please Tell Me True

What Is The Real Source Of Contention Between The Brothers Of Grace?

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/21/1963

Hi Vickilynn,

Faith without works is dead. Discern the Word through the Holy Spirit and read these words from the KJV:

James 2

14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? 15If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, 16And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?17Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.18Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. 19Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. 20But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?21Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?22Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? 23And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. 24Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. 25Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way? 26For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Okay... to repeat what I shared with nebula.

James was not talking about faith in regards to that person's salvation. The believers were verbalizing their faith towards the poor by sending them away without food and clothing, saying unto them to be warmed and to be filled as if by saying this by faith... God will do it. Kinda like a doctor sending a patient away from a free clinic, saying be healed or to be whole. Look at verse 16 how it addresses it as nonprofitable to the poor. Thus can faith "save" him is being used in the same manner as the profit word was.... towards the poor. Here the poor were naked and starving, and they were excercising their faith in their sending the poor away without meeting their needs from what was collected.... saying to them.. be warmed and be filled and yet to the poor... the faith of the faithsayers is dead because they did not give to them to meet their needs today and trust God to provide for tomorrow for the church.

James was really addressing the stuck ups in that church as you can see other abuses the poor had to go through in regards to the rich if you read more of James.

So let us say this.. a commitment to Christ.. a man verbalizing it.. does not mean he is doing it. That is an outward appearance. That is all talk. It is by far better to point to Jesus as sinners need to see their hope in Christ than for a believer to receive admiration from men because he speaks of his commitment to Christ.

We are to follow Jesus.... but by faith that He will help us to follow Him. This is God's Covenant to us... do we believe Him or not? If we have to trust the Lord to help us live as His... then what power is there in a man's commitment? None. Thus the just shall live by faith.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

to poor in spirit :):read::whistling::blink:

it seem to me you have no understanding of gods word or are a fool and just sift threw gods word you love to correct us when we catch you out and just reading your last post you left to nebula you say you are leaving yep leaving you said this before in hymnals and you decided to come back

please poor in spirit openly tell me are you just looking for sympathy :24::24: i said it in your last post on being slain in the spirit i am wiling to talk openly yet what i find in you is this you can not hear what we have to say but some how you force us with your twisted version of bible refrences and ridled sayings to wear on has to read it sevral times to get the jist of what you are trying to say which is very sad how some one like you self has alowed him self to be a tool for satan as what i see in you poor in spirit is a taunting spirit i do not see the holy spirit in you at all which to me you se as a red neck step child and i have warned you sevral times poor in spirit to stop mocking gods spirit

yet its as if i am in the wrong and you are in the right

you are very insensative poor in spirit to those that have sufferd for this faith and towards those that are being persecuted know

you are on a destructive path poor in spirit you wil not listen but feel that i am bitter when you now nothing about me

but have the nerve to preach and tel me that i need to turn to jesus than you say you wil not like what i have to say as i said poor in spirit every prayer that you send towards me is being sent to you two fold and i am coverd in his blood and he watches over me every day

you poor in spirit have not shown me that you are willing to listen yet you expect me and every one else to hear you out

this time stick to your word if you say you are going good leave dont just say it and then set up a new topic to wear you are on the attac as that is al you seem to do is attac any one who has had a posative experiance or conversion

you do not know what the word stand firm means or salvation or commitment as if you wear able to know what i have said hear

you would be able to commit to a church to your pastor and even to your leaders this is why i do not listen to an unstable man such as your self as what ever comes out of your mouth poor in spirit is very twisted and is not off god

you are a danger not just to your self but to a new christian and i pray that you wake up to what has been said to you and seek god out

learn to read your word in front of you propley and stop sifting threw gods word by by poor :):)

again i find the gospel of poor in spirit so inspiring it just makes me want to do this :24:

love you brother but i am leaving you in gods hands i feel sorry for you poor in spirit we could have been good friends and you would have found out that i would have even stood in the gap for you yet i can not come to your way of thinking poor in spirit i pray that you do sort your self out and find a good church wear you can alow god to deal with you and wear you your self can move forward in your life

by bud thanks for the inspired teaching i mean i enjoy this as it just cracks me up

peace from damo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

When you say.. I am yours... that is surrendering... as in I can't do it, but I trust in You and Your word to me that You will help me live as His.. thus the just shall live by faith.

:whistling: But in surrendering, are you not committing your life to Him to do as He pleases with you and in you?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/21/1963

Dear Brother PoorInSpirit

Please Forgive Us.

It Is Possible We Are Talking But The Words We Use (Including The Precious Bible) Mean Different Things To Us?

Are You Using The Word Commitment To Maybe Mean Rule Following???

We Use The Word Commitment To Mean The All Consuming Devotion And Desire To Please God.

To Express Our Adoration Of The Godhead In All His Glory And Power And Dominion.

To Worship The Father, The Son And The Holy Ghost.

Are You Growing Weary With Your Brothers And Sisters At Worthy Ministries????

And I Would Guess, Are You Not Just A Little Confused As To Why We Don't Get It?????

Dear Brother

Please Explain As Best As You Can What You Fear For Us If We Continue To Worship God.

Do You Have Questions About Our Statement Of Faith?

Perhaps We Can Help You To Better Understand?

We believe in the triunity of God. We believe that God is eternally One, and also eternally the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit -- the three being distinct, but not separate. Each Person of the Godhead coexists from everlasting to everlasting.
http://www.worthyministries.com/faith/

Please Tell Me True

What Is The Real Source Of Contention Between The Brothers Of Grace?

Love, Your Brother Joe

Dear Brother,

There is much happening here that is unbelieveable as situations are arising for me to be off the net again. I believe the Lord is taking the burden off of me as saying.. that is all He wanted me to share.

I see it as the Lord leading me away from Worthy Ministries for I cannot have true fellowship when we are not keeping the faith to be of one mind and thus united in Christ.

I am not mad at anyone. My zeal for the House of God has eaten me up. I'm just glad that Jesus is Lord. I can let go and let God. And.. I even need His help to do that which probably goes to show why forces are at work to lead me off the net once again.

My Lord Jesus shall deliver those that have gone astray. Those that hear His voice shall follow Him as I leave this place with the warnings given to discern by so that those that have looked to man or to spirit can return to that resting place in Christ Jesus before judgment falls on the House of God.

I take comfort in those that may get left behind...that Jesus shall not lose one, but raise them up in the last day... so that those that did not hear His voice.. will hear His voice and follow Him .. the Good Shepherd... even if they be like the prodigal son in missing out of their first inheritance.

John 10: 14I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. 15As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Still... my time here is over. Ohhhh to think of what the Lord has done for me in delivering me. How I wish He would restore the joy of your salvation with what He has shared with me to find your rest in the Lord. Still in closing as this will be my last post.

I do not believe in a man's commitment to Christ in following Him. I believe in Christ in His Covenant to us that He will help us to follow Him thus the just shall live by faith... that a child can come to Him by trusting Him and His promises to us.

I do not believe in chasing after the Holy Spirit or to get more of Him when the promise for all those that come to Jesus is that we shall never hunger nor thirst anymore for we have become a new creature in Christ thus new wineskin filled with new wine thus sealed as His.

Therefore is there a rest for the people of God.. and that rest is found in Jesus Christ the Lord.

In Christ's Love, :whistling:

poorinspirit

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

OK, good-bye again, poorinspirit -

But one last thing:

Matthew 16:24-28

24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. 25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. 26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? 27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

If that is not a commitment, I would not know what else it could be.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  543
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/15/1966

Still... my time here is over. Ohhhh to think of what the Lord has done for me in delivering me. How I wish He would restore the joy of your salvation with what He has shared with me to find your rest in the Lord. .......

wow :whistling:

• Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

Still... my time here is over. Ohhhh to think of what the Lord has done for me in delivering me. How I wish He would restore the joy of your salvation with what He has shared with me to find your rest in the Lord. Still in closing as this will be my last post.

poorinspirit

Shalom Poor,

I pray for you to see the truth of G-d and not this twisted false doctrine you've been preaching. I know your heart is zealous, but you've missed G-d's truth. Please, seek Him and not this false doctrine. His ways are easy and His love and forgiveness abound to those who truly seek Him (G-d; Father, Son and Holy Spirit).

Poor, He loves you and we do too. And I pray for you to see the truth and be set free from the bondage you are in. May you know the truth from Scriptures!

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I do hope that you find the real Truth. If you feel that we have been hard in any way, it is because we love you as a Brother. If you do not come back, it is my prayer that the Holy Spirit guides your steps, instructs you in the Truth, comforts you and fills you.

Your Brother In Christ,

Alan

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

Hi Vickilynn,

Faith without works is dead. Discern the Word through the Holy Spirit and read these words from the KJV:

James 2

14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? 15If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, 16And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?17Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.18Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. 19Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. 20But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?21Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?22Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? 23And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. 24Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. 25Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way? 26For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Okay... to repeat what I shared with nebula.

James was not talking about faith in regards to that person's salvation. The believers were verbalizing their faith towards the poor by sending them away without food and clothing, saying unto them to be warmed and to be filled as if by saying this by faith... God will do it. Kinda like a doctor sending a patient away from a free clinic, saying be healed or to be whole. Look at verse 16 how it addresses it as nonprofitable to the poor. Thus can faith "save" him is being used in the same manner as the profit word was.... towards the poor. Here the poor were naked and starving, and they were excercising their faith in their sending the poor away without meeting their needs from what was collected.... saying to them.. be warmed and be filled and yet to the poor... the faith of the faithsayers is dead because they did not give to them to meet their needs today and trust God to provide for tomorrow for the church.

James was really addressing the stuck ups in that church as you can see other abuses the poor had to go through in regards to the rich if you read more of James.

So let us say this.. a commitment to Christ.. a man verbalizing it.. does not mean he is doing it. That is an outward appearance. That is all talk. It is by far better to point to Jesus as sinners need to see their hope in Christ than for a believer to receive admiration from men because he speaks of his commitment to Christ.

We are to follow Jesus.... but by faith that He will help us to follow Him. This is God's Covenant to us... do we believe Him or not? If we have to trust the Lord to help us live as His... then what power is there in a man's commitment? None. Thus the just shall live by faith.

is it me or are all the posters including the OP actually saying the same things, yet arguing with each other about it? this may be a question of semantics. the OP does not like the word 'commitment'. that's fine. i understand his reasoning but i say again that all the posters are actually agreeing here & somehow not realizing it. :noidea: