Guest mcm42

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  614
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Anyone who supports these things, I do not believe has a personal relationship with Christ.

Who made you the judge?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  200
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/26/1954

Dad E, it seems to me it does not matter who is in the office of President, the homosexual is going to move forward. Bush is president and there agenda is moving forward at an alarming rate. The commandments are being taken out of public view and it is happening right now.

Don't get me wrong Dad, I don't blame GWB I am just stating that these things are happening regardless of who is in the office of President.

I am getting close to the status of being an old man, and I have seen a lot of for this or against that. But you know what, when these people get elected not much gets changed. I have seen Republicans elected and Democrats elected and you know, sin still abounds..........

I don't think I could vote for someone who supported abortion, but on the other hand, is it going to change?????

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Anyone who supports these things, I do not believe has a personal relationship with Christ.

Who made you the judge?

Greetings Andrew,

1 Cor 2:11-16 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Titus 1:15-16 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled. 16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

2 Cor 6:16-17 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

1 John 5:17-21 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death. 18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not. 19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness. 20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. 21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

Unless we make righteous judgments about the world around us, how are we to know who to separate ourselves from? However, I AM NOT the world's "judge", but I MUST use discernment and the scriptures tell me plainly to use "righteous judgment" so that I am not entangled by the world's sin.

You should get to know the scriptures a little better.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Dad E, it seems to me it does not matter who is in the office of President, the homosexual is going to move forward. Bush is president and there agenda is moving forward at an alarming rate. The commandments are being taken out of public view and it is happening right now.

Don't get me wrong Dad, I don't blame GWB I am just stating that these things are happening regardless of who is in the office of President.

I am getting close to the status of being an old man, and I have seen a lot of for this or against that. But you know what, when these people get elected not much gets changed. I have seen Republicans elected and Democrats elected and you know, sin still abounds..........

I don't think I could vote for someone who supported abortion, but on the other hand, is it going to change?????

Greetings Rafter,

Do you consider 59 an "old man". I too have been around for quite a while and have traveled extensively while in the Navy for 21 years of which I retired in 1986. I know of no other country in the world where Christians have so much freedom, as in the USofA. But we are not to use our freedom as license to commit sin, OR to support those involved in sin. I too am a "fatalist" in a way, in that scripture plainly shows a downward spiral of all humanity up to the time of our Lord's return. But I am not going to sit idly by when I have at least "some" power to prevent evil from taking over completely. I will pray, I will evangelize, and I will VOTE and encourage others to vote as well for good and NOT evil.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  200
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/26/1954

Dad, 59 is old enough to be given respect. As a mature man in Christ I respect your opinions and actually agree with them..... God bless brother, or should I say elder brother, lol...... I am 49 by the way.. not a kid, but not ancient yet either.

Keep up the good fight of faith...............

Dad, 59 is old enough to be given respect. As a mature man in Christ I respect your opinions and actually agree with them..... God bless brother, or should I say elder brother, lol...... I am 49 by the way.. not a kid, but not ancient yet either.

Keep up the good fight of faith...............

Greetings Rafter,

Thank you and God Bless you and yours.

Dad Ernie

Guest mcm42
Hey, how come nobody metnions Nader? I like his stand for the most part

Well, to be honest Nader doesn't stand a chance... But your right he should be given a Fair shot. I'm not sure where he stands on anything. For the most part you vote for Nader if you don't agree with either Bush or Kerry.

I'm 20, probably a kid your eyes. But I hold to 1 Tim. 4:12 "Let no one despise you for you youth but set the believers an example in speech in conduct in love in faith and in purity"

Maturity comes not only with age but with Diligent study, and Practice of the Word!

Thanks for all the posts, very helpful so far, keep it up...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  614
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Hey, thanks LadyC,

That was good of you to post that.

Basically I see the Democrats as "liberal" in their world view as opposed to Republications who generally are "conservative".

If we want to see the homosexual agenda move ahead, then we would vote Democratic. Same with abortion. Same with euthenasia of the elderly. Same with "big government". Same with secularizing the entire school system. Same with removing the Ten Commandments from Court houses. Same with doing away with "In God We Trust" as our American motto.

So if anybody has any doubts as to where I stand, please ask me. Anyone who supports these things, I do not believe has a personal relationship with Christ.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

I'm going to vote Democratic just to spite you. The way people vote goes beyond the issues. Democrats get in there, and are very involved... they believe in "BIG GOVERNMENT" like you said which is needed right now to help the economy. Sometimes you take the bad with the good.

I guess you're not unemployeed like over 200,000 Americans are right now.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

People give way too much credit to the presidency over some issues.

The presidency is not the only factor involved in economics and the employment rate.

For example, 9/11 resulted in a lot of job loss.

Keep in mind that the recession started towards the end of Clinton's presidency. IF Clinton was the sole responsibility of the 90's economic growth, the growth should have continued through his term, or at least up to the election - but it began its decline well before the election.

Also, the stock market was just climbing and climbing way, way, way too high. It was bound to have a fall eventually.

It can also be argued that the boom of the '90's came from Reagan's programs kicking in. (What Reagan followed by Bush Sr. set in motion.)

Congress has a role to play in things, too.

I haven't taken a course in economics, so I don't know all the factors involved in what makes an economy run, but it is more complex than just "the president."

Guest mcm42
Democrats get in there, and are very involved... they believe in "BIG GOVERNMENT" like you said which is needed right now to help the economy. Sometimes you take the bad with the good.

That's a scary reason to vote. Sounds like your voting Economy of Morality!