tsth

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I think that the verse that ajesuschrist_mathetes shared was comparable, to the biblical definition that I shared. Although, it seems as if the Titus 2:11-12 description of grace, is again, likely to be ignored, because we'd rather go with a man's "commentary" to define grace, when the Bible itself will explain it. :emot-hug:

In His Love,

Suzanne

So true, but I thought you were asking for a definition found from the Greek ... as in the original word.

God Bless,

OneLight

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

I think that the verse that ajesuschrist_mathetes shared was comparable, to the biblical definition that I shared. Although, it seems as if the Titus 2:11-12 description of grace, is again, likely to be ignored, because we'd rather go with a man's "commentary" to define grace, when the Bible itself will explain it. :emot-partyblower:

Shalom Suzanne,

Wow, pretty rude as usual with anyone that disagrees with you. Shame!

Not ignoring Scripture as I keep posting Scripture, but I appreciate the definition that was posted IN CONJUNCTION with the Scriptures that I keep posting and you keep ignoring.

Ephesians 2 states plainly what grace is. It is a GIFT, not anything that we have done. Read it for yourself.

Ephesians 2

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

• Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

I think that the verse that ajesuschrist_mathetes shared was comparable, to the biblical definition that I shared. Although, it seems as if the Titus 2:11-12 description of grace, is again, likely to be ignored, because we'd rather go with a man's "commentary" to define grace, when the Bible itself will explain it. :emot-partyblower:

In His Love,

Suzanne

So true, but I thought you were asking for a definition found from the Greek ... as in the original word.

God Bless,

OneLight

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. :emot-puke-old:

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

10 Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall, 11 and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

What things?

4 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7 and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins.

There is much talk about kindness and love, but what about the rest of the qualities, that keep us from being ineffective and cause us to be blind?

What about knowledge? Self-control? Godliness? Have we forgotten.........that we have been cleansed of our past sins? OR are we still practicing them?

There is a big IF in verse 10. It has a bearing on entrance into the kingdom.

In His Love,

Suzanne

damo1

in reply to are we doing these things to 2 peter 1

well we are to rest in him and alow him to do the work that needs to be done in us why should i worry my self or try to meet up to some one standards when it comes to gods word one thing i have learnt with in these last few months is this god is in control of my life not me

when i begin to step out of his will and begin to do what i use to do then i am not doing what it says in 2 peter 1

lets see what 2 peter 1 is saying to me as i am only speaking for my self hear i do not need any one elses arpoval as what amazes me is why do we seek aproval of others why do we put god to the test when it comes to our own walk why do we even question if we are saved or if we are not gods word is 100% truth we are the ones who always mess up when we try to better our selves i like this saying i heard in william booth take it one day at a time

this is what 2 peter 1 is saying to me fruitfall growth in the faith

5 but also for this very reason giving all diligance add to your faith virtue to virtue knowledge

6 to knowledge self control to self control perserverance to perserverance godliness

7 to godliness brotherly kindness and to brotherly kindness love

8 for if these things are yours and abound you wil be neither barren nor unfruitfall

in the knowledge of our lord jesus christ

9 for he who lacks these things is short sighted even to blindness and has forgoten that he was

cleansed from old sins

10 therfore brethren be even more diligent to make your call and election sure for if you do these things

you wil never stumble

11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom

of our lord and savior jesus christ

this is what 2peter 1 is saying to me and as i said why should i worry what others might say when it comes to my own salvation i am just letting god do as he pleases in my life as i know when i stuff up i do not need to run to man all i need to do is go in my room and pray to my father in heaven as he knows me better than any one else

god bless from damien stipic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

I think that the verse that ajesuschrist_mathetes shared was comparable, to the biblical definition that I shared. Although, it seems as if the Titus 2:11-12 description of grace, is again, likely to be ignored, because we'd rather go with a man's "commentary" to define grace, when the Bible itself will explain it. :emot-questioned:

Shalom Suzanne,

Wow, pretty rude as usual with anyone that disagrees with you. Shame!

Not ignoring Scripture as I keep posting Scripture, but I appreciate the definition that was posted IN CONJUNCTION with the Scriptures that I keep posting and you keep ignoring.

Ephesians 2 states plainly what grace is. It is a GIFT, not anything that we have done. Read it for yourself.

Ephesians 2

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Vickilynn, while I do agree with you on what a gift is....I do have to respectfully differ with you on something. A gift is given; the receiver has to ACCEPT it or REJECT it, am I correct?

So that requires a CONDITION....It's a gift if we ACCEPT the gift....

I'm not trying to be rude, honest, but it seems like you keep coming back to the same thing over and over again. God told us what to do, and what would happen if we DIDN'T do what HE said to do....all of God's promises are CONDITIONAL. He will bless us IF WE WALK IN HIS STEPS....

I hope I didn't upset you. I generally like to agree with people, but with this particular instance it just seems like you're going on and on about grace, but you don't want acknowledge the conditional part of God's mercy.

Anita

Vickilynn, while I do agree with you on what a gift is....I do have to respectfully differ with you on something. A gift is given; the receiver has to ACCEPT it or REJECT it, am I correct?

So that requires a CONDITION....It's a gift if we ACCEPT the gift....

I'm not trying to be rude, honest, but it seems like you keep coming back to the same thing over and over again. God told us what to do, and what would happen if we DIDN'T do what HE said to do....all of God's promises are CONDITIONAL. He will bless us IF WE WALK IN HIS STEPS....

I hope I didn't upset you. I generally like to agree with people, but with this particular instance it just seems like you're going on and on about grace, but you don't want acknowledge the conditional part of God's mercy.

Anita

Shalom Anita,

The reason I am "going on and on" about grace is because the point I am bringing is being ignored in the context of salvation. This is the question of the thread and the answer is GRACE, not works. We are not saved by works, but ONLY by the gift of G-d (Ephesians 2). And I keep coming back to it, because the Bible said it plainly and people are trying to say salvation is by another means. It is not. Salvation is G-d's grace through faith in the Messiah, period.

The OP question is about salvation. That's what my context is.

I have also said repeatedly that ONCE we are Christians, we are to walk in G-d's ways. But that keeps getting ignored as well. :emot-questioned:

You didn't upset me, you can think whatever you like :24: But it seems that you have made an error in your accusation that I don't want to acknowledge the conditional part of G-d's mercy. Please read my posts and you'll see where I said that once we are saved, we are to walk in His ways.

So, it seems you have misread my posts Anita and made wrong assumptions and misstated what I'm saying. But that's OK Anita, I'm not upset. I'm used to people with differing views and we're all still part of the same family. :24:

I think tsth is awesome :laugh:

Shalom,

I personally think G-d is awesome! :)

The Scriptures say plainly that for someone to be SAVED, it is the gift of G-d - His grace, faith to accept the Messiah.

There are no works that attain salvation, that's what the Scriptures say.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Sorry for the duplicate

God Bless you all,

Dennis

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Peace to all,

I believe that we are all saying about the same thing. It probably would be best for all to refrain from commenting on the others attitude or frame of mind when posting unless there is something flagrant.

The original post was about are we really doing the things that God requires of those who claim to be saved, as referenced in Peter. It was not about how we are saved.

This is a valid question and needs to be addressed in the current 'Lukewarm condition' of the churches that God has warned us about. It is well worth substantive discussion without hurt feelings and judging the motives of others. I am sure that we have all come across rudely at some point or another. So I believe it would be more productive to just discuss the issue and if we don't like the topic, refrain from discussion. The topic is to examine ourselves, not the attitude of others. It is possible to be rude in trying to expose the rudeness of others, and I don't accuse anyone here of being rude.

Since we have been saved by grace, and the grace of God dwells in us, then we can let that grace flow out of us to others, drown them is grace. The best way to expose rudeness, is to smother it in grace.

God Bless you all,

Dennis

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  305
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/12/1950

Hallelujah Damien!

Abiding in the Vine!