Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,176
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

i am satisfied with your answers and see more clearly that i have nothing to worry about in driunking....where though do we draw the line as to how mcuh we drink? I am on my fourth beer (14% bv) in 2 hours..is that a SIN?

It depends on it effect on your ablities to function. When I was in college I drank a half of a fifth of good segrams every day and never got drunk because my body handles alcohol very well, while some friends of mine would get crazy with one drink.

So you can't put a number on it for we are all different in how we process alcohol. I hardly dring anything now and four of your beers would most likely make my nose very numb and I'd be asleep before the two hours were up (that's what alcohol does to me)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,176
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

okay folks, in view of what you have all answered in response to the original question, I have a question, what is Strong drink? As in "Woe onto him that gives his neighbour to drink strong drink"

Interesting question OP

It is my understanding that strong drink is not jsut fermented, but distilled as in making whisky.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

The following verses are just a few that speak to drinking.

Luke 1:15

Numbers 6:3

Isaiha 5:11

As to, what is strong drink.

This is from Adam Clarke's Commentary.

According to the Syrians Theodoret and Chrysostom strong drink is made from Palms or dates and is called the same, palm wine or date wine.

It is called strong drink because of it's "inebriating quality".

The hebrew definiton is the same.

To me , this infers that any substance that causes an inebriating affect should be avoided.

Now having said all of that , I can tell you I enjoy a beer or two after a hard day or after mowing the lawn or on a river bank fishing on a hot summers afternoon, but not always, and have done these things more without the beer than with it.

The queston you have to ask yourself is "why" are you drinking the beer or wine?

It occurs to me that you are doing a bit of "qualifying"....." four beers in two hours"......even the newest person attending AA will tell you that that is a bad sign and you are already headed in the wrong direction.

Is it possible that your friend sees a developing charector in your behavior and is trying to warn you???

The plain and simple fact is that beer, wine, whiskey and drugs are not included in any of the food groups. This of course means that they are not necessary to our survival. So why bother with them??...well thats up to you to answer.

I pray you G-ds counsel brother.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

i am satisfied with your answers and see more clearly that i have nothing to worry about in driunking....where though do we draw the line as to how mcuh we drink? I am on my fourth beer (14% bv) in 2 hours..is that a SIN?

the one and only question you should be asking yourself is why? are you that thirsty? or are you trying to get numb. if you are attempting numbness to escape from the humdrum boring reality of everyday life, this is the real problem.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

to theseldomscene

did jesus drink alcahole

well i think that if he did not turn the water into wine he would have said drinking is a sin and would have walked away from the wedding party some one needs to read john 2 jesus changes the water into wine from verse 1 to 11 and then look at what he said when they took communion and broke the bread was it grape juice that jesus and the disciples drank ?

lets look at the lords supper in matthew 26

26 while they were eating Jesus took bread gave thanks and broke it and gave it to his disciples saying take and eat

this is my body

27 then he took the cup gave thanks and offerd it to them sayin drink from it all of you

28 this is my blood of the covenant which is poured out for many for the forgivness of sins

29 i wil tel you i wil not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when i drink it anew with you in my fathers kingdom

what is wine made from grapes as i am yougoslavian my fathers father who is my grandfather was taught this by his father and my father was taught how to make wine by his own dad and i was shown how to make wine by my own father

even though it says grape fruit wine is made from grapes and i know of pastors and of christians that do drink and no one in the leadership team tells the pastors i know and the christians i know its a sin

when some one asks a simple question why does the op topic has to turn out into a war zone its a simple question and it should be answerd in a honest way with out the legalisem

i am seeing that you have oppend up a can of worms hear as some one else had a topic like this and it was clossed very fast if you can handle your drink then you are fine yet if you are having problems then i would ask that you seek out help

i am in recovery so i am not going to judge you or tell you drinking is a sin as you have seen so far in the replys in your topic the reason i gave up is due to me not being able to handle it no more also drinking got me violent and into a lot of trouble as i used alcahol to escape this world and what i went through as a youngster living under a violent father

all my dads brothers and his father drank and this was not a problem to croations as dad also use to drink spirits and make his own grapa which is 100% alcahol 1 small cup will knock you and you wil not be able to get up

you should no this your self if you are going to drive or have had over 2 drinks of beer you are over the limit alachol also can destroy your kidneys

the beer you are drinking brother is very strong as their is light beer that would be better for your body but i am not hear to give you advice on what you should be drinking as you are a grown man

you said your buddy at work said jesus never drank can i ask why are you asking this question ?has some one been bashing you over the head and telling you its a sin ? if so i would tell that person to snap out off it and pull the plank out of his own eyes before he goes throwing your sin in your face so i hope no one has been playing church or god just walk away from this rubbish if some one has been doing this too you

for a male your age i would say 5 drinks should be the limitt but when you go over board like i use to then you know you have a problem i use to knock back two cases of beer and a bottle of bunderburg rum or jim beam and i was buying the expensive beer from germany as i love german beer

well this is all i am going to say hear as i do not belive in throwing any ones sin in their face

i hope what i have said helps as i can only share from personal experiances

god bless from your brother in the lord damien stipic

i

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Yes that is sin.

Well......To be fair the guy could be like 400 lbs, which would mean that he's not drunk yet.

On the other hand he could be an alcoholic and just not know when he's too drunk.

theseldomscene, do you have a problem with alcohol? How often do you drink and get drunk? Do you drink to get drunk?

More importantly, is Jesus your Savior?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

According to scripture Jesus did drink alcohol. Furthermore according to scripture it is not a sin to drink alcohol unless you become "tipsy"- which I believe to be a synonym for "drunk".

I think the decision of whether one should drink alcohol is a personal one. Many people enjoy a bevvie from time to time with no problem at all. My husband and I both enjoy a drink once in a while. We don't get drunk, so as far as I'm concerned there's nothing wrong with this.

At the same time, we don't drink in front of people we know who have been alcoholics in the past because we do not want to become a stumbling block to them.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

• Who was the first person to get drunk? Noah did not even mean to get drunk, After the flood, and waiting for that huge door was opened , Noah ate some grapes that had fermented in the sun which had been squeezed into wine. Hams future generation, the canaanites were cursed.debasement
  • Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging; and whosoever is decieved thereby is not wise.
  • For the drunkard and glutton shall come to poverty and cloth a man in rags.
  • Justifies the wicked
  • But they also have erred through wine and strong drink are out of the way; the priest and the prophet have erred through strong drink, they are swallowed up in wine. They err in vision, they stumble in judgement. Thats just some in the old testament.

The new testament says the same.

We are told to be soberminded for a reason.

If you like the taste of beer, one can have the taste without the alcohol.

Drinking one can of normal beer with average alcohol content is equal to one shot of hard liquor. It has to be the alcohol you enjoy more..be honest.

Live in utah and I don't think you can get a can of beer with more than 2% alcohol.

If you want gout so be it. Abuse your body and it will abuse you back. Healthy yea....in small quantities.

how big is the can or bottle you drink...How old are you...? patricia1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I like this bit of scripture:

Ephesians 5:17-19

Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is. 18 And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord,

I use to get drunk, to the point of blackouts. It all started wondering if I was doing anything wrong by having just a few ... Funny thing, I found out I was allergic to alcohol. I kept breaking out in handcuffs.

OneLight